Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
About 25 miles northwest of Downtown, Cypress was a once rural area, with most of its residents in the rice and dairy farming industry. Today, it has blossomed into one of Houston’s largest suburbs, rocking shopping and entertainment, restaurants, and plenty of nightlife.
The Best Bars in Cypress
- The Hidden Cellar – Wine and live music are the name of the game at this “hidden” gem, which boasts more than 100 selections, plus 20 beers and shareables from charcuterie and cheese to molten lava cake. On Fridays and Saturdays, the bar hosts midnight hours. Click here for directions.
- LT’s Sports Bar & Grill – This husband-and-wife-owned spot rocks 16 tvs, Texas chili, burgers, and pork rinds, and a friendly neighborhood vibe. The bar is open ‘til 2am on Fridays and Saturdays, with midnight hours the rest of the week. Pop in for fun stuff like live music, DJs, karaoke, and steak and trivia nights. Click here for directions.
- Mo’s Irish Pub – Trivia night, live local music, and flowing whiskeys and beers are all a part of the good times at this lively Irish pub. As are flat screens, Jameson burgers, and a dance floor. Click here for directions.
- The Ranch Bar + Kitchen – This unassuming late-night bar and kitchen offers steak nights, happy hours, and a laidback, all-are-welcome feel. Stop by for local crafts and badass burgers, play a game of shuffleboard, Skeeball or Mortal Kombat, and catch the occasional live music. Click here for directions.
- Rosehill Beer Garden – From Food Network personality Eddie Jackson and open until 2am on Friday and Saturday (and 11pm on weekdays), this food truck park and beer garden rocks a lineup of hammocks, two bars with local brews and other crafts, a lineup of eats, and live music every weekend. Click here for directions.
- Sam’s Boat – With 50 tvs and an outdoor deck overlooking Towne Lake, this sports bar and grill makes for a great nightcap. Drink ‘til 1am Friday and Saturday (and midnight other nights), and nosh on the late-night menu specials after 10pm on Sunday-Wednesday, featuring bites from boneless wings to coconut shrimp alongside crafts, shooters, and pitchers. Click here for directions.
- Texas Tavern – Join in on the fun as the lights dim and the music jams at this neighborhood honky-tonk, which also boasts televisions, shuffleboard, and billiards and is open til 2am seven days a week. Click here for directions.
World of Beer – Located at the Boardwalk Towne Lake, this beer emporium is open ‘til midnight seven days a week. Hit it to find hundreds of beers from around the globe, from Texas Ales and German Dry Hopped Ambers to New England-Style IPAs. And tack on beer cheese nachos, Gochujang wings and blackened steak flatbread to go alongside. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in Cypress
Share a lakeside bottle at Flying Vine Wine Bar & Bistro or enjoy one at d’Vine Wine Bar; do late-night karaoke at Cypress Lounge and Bedrock Tavern; dance the night away at Quench Lounge; “meat up” for bbq, drinks, and live local music at Cypress Trail Hideout; and sip craft brews at Craft Beer Cellar.