Bust a gut with these must-see live comedy events in Houston for October 2019.
Also in October 2019
Happening This Week
Side-splitting stand-up takes over venues across Houston this month with these hilarious comedians and live performers delivering barrels of laughter.
Top 10 Live Comedy Events This Month: October 2019
- Nurse Blake at House of Blues | Wednesday, October 2 – When he’s not performing the duties of a registered nurse, the viral comedian and speaker known as Nurse Blake hits the road on a nationwide tour to the delight of hospital workers, students, and the professors that torment them. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Ari Shaffir at Houston Improv | Friday, October 4 and Saturday, October 5 – The comedian and producer of Comedy Central’s This Is Not Happening swings through Houston for a two-night engagement at the Houston Improv. Tickets are $25. Showtimes vary.
- Greg Fitzsimmons at The Secret Group | Sunday, October 6 – With dozens of television and film roles to his name, Greg Fitzsimmons is also an Emmy-winning writer for shows like Ellen, Louie, and HBO’s Crashing. Tickets range from $20 to $23. 8pm.
- Lil Duval at House of Blues | Friday, October 11 – A regular on VH1’s Hip Hop Squares and a series cast member on MTV2’s popular Guy Code, Lil Duval has also featured on the Billboard Hot 100 charts as a rapper and recording artist. Tickets range from $39.50 to $65. 7pm.
- Miranda Sings at Jones Hall | Wednesday, October 16 – The internet sensation created by Colleen Ballinger, a misguided pop star named Miranda Sings, lands in Downtown for an evening of cringe, stardom, and hilarity. Tickets start at $44.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Haha for Hope benefitting Casa de Esperanza at The Secret Group | Wednesday, October 16 – Grady Pruitt and Jesse Peyton take the stage for a stand-up event hosted by Brian Gendron in support of Casa de Esperanza, a charity organization that seeks to provide comprehensive residential and family support programs for abused children and at-risk infants. Tickets range from $20 to $25. 7pm.
- Bill Bellamy at Houston Improv | Friday, October 18 through Sunday, October 20 – The Def Jam comic and aspiring chef-to-be on the reality game show Comedy Kitchen arrives in Houston for a weekend of laugh-out-loud observations. Tickets range from $30 to $40. Showtimes vary.
- Jason Nash at Houston Improv | Saturday, October 19 – Catapulting from a semi-finalist finish on Last Comic Standing, Jason Nash has cultivated a massive online following through YouTube and featured in his own Comedy Central series, Second Chances. Tickets range from $35 to $95. 2pm.
- Cristela Alonzo at Wortham Theater Center | Saturday, October 19 – Most recently found on her Netflix stand-up special Lower Classy, Cristela Alonzo can also be heard lending her voice to Cruz Ramirez in Cars 3 and read in her forthcoming memoir, Music to My Years. Tickets are $32. 7pm.
- Max Amini at Wortham Theater Center | Sunday, October 27 – Known for his impressive improvisational abilities, the Iranian-American stand-up comedian appears at the Cullen Theater in Downtown. Tickets range from $30 to $85. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).