Belt out your favorite songs at these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, September 30 through Sunday, October 6, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
This week, some of the most influential rap groups, rock bands, and songwriters find their way to stages across Houston, while several acts return for the first time in several years.
Top 10 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Rick Ross at House of Blues | Monday, September 30 – The spiritual successor to Rick Ross’ chart-topping debut album, Port of Miami 2 features heavy-hitting appearances from Meek Mill, Nipsey Hussle, Drake and more. Look for the rapper-entrepreneur when he stops by House of Blues in the heart of Downtown. Tickets range from $38.50 to $83. 7pm.
- Stone Temple Pilots, with Rival Sons at Revention Music Center | Tuesday, October 1 – With their first release since the death of lead singer Scott Weiland and the addition of Jeff Gutt, Stone Temple Pilots return with their second self-titled album, opening a new phase of the storied rock band’s career. Tickets range from $24 to $69, but limited premium $62.50 tickets are available discounted to $35. 7pm.
- Bad Religion, with Dave Hause & The Mermaid, Emily Davis at House of Blues | Tuesday, October 1 – The American punk rock group dropped their seventeenth studio album (and first in six years) in May, titled Age of Unreason. They stop through Houston this summer with a live show packed with protest songs. Tickets start at $32. 7:30pm.
- Styx at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, October 3 – The multi-platinum classic rock group embarks on a tour that highlights their extensive catalog of hits, as well as cuts from their most recent 2017 release, The Mission. Tickets start at $59.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Lizzo, with Ari Lennox at Revention Music Center | Friday, October 4 – The Houston-raised rapper returns after catapulting into the music scene with her 2019 release, Cuz I Love You. Tickets start at $208, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- The Raconteurs, with Hunt Sales at Revention Music Center | Saturday, October 5 – The blues-rock band that boasts Jack White in its lineup returns to Houston after releasing their first album in more than a decade this summer, Help Us Stranger. Tickets start at $52.50. 8pm.
- Tame Impala at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, October 5 – The award-winning psychedelic rock band made a splash with their mid-2010s releases of Lonerism and Currents. They’ll return to the stage while teasing a potentially forthcoming album. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- J Balvin, with Eladio Carrion, Lyanno at Smart Finanacial Center | Saturday, October 5 – The Colombian reggaeton singer arrives in Sugar land for a performance in support of his collaborative album with Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny, Oasis. Tickets start at $49.95, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- James Blake, with White Reaper at House of Blues | Sunday, October 6 – In recent years, the English singer-songwriter can be found contributing to songs from Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Frank Ocean and more. Now, he takes to the stage in support of his fourth studio album, Assume Form, released in January. Tickets range from $35 to $59.50. 7pm.
- Wu-Tang Clan at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, October 6 – One of the most influential rap supergroups of all time returns with a tour celebrating the 25th anniversary of their iconic debut album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). Tickets range from $59.50 to $125, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).