Rally the home teams to victory at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, September 30 through Sunday, October 6, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
After a disappointing end to last year’s postseason, the Astros embark on another deep run for their second World Series title.
Elsewhere, the Houston Rockets add Russell Westbrook to the mix and return to preseason action, while the Dynamo put a cap on their 2019 season.
Top 6 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Rockets vs. Shanghai Sharks at Toyota Center | Monday, September 30 – Basketball is back and the new-look Rockets kick off preseason at home against the Yao Ming-owned Shanghai Sharks. James Harden, Russell Westbrook, and Clint Capela are expected to start. Tickets range from $15 to $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Astros vs. American League Wild-Card Winner at Minute Maid Park | Friday, October 4 – After a franchise-record number of wins this season, the Astros embark on what hopes to be a deep playoff run as one of the favorites to lift the World Series trophy at the end of the month. ALDS, Game 1 will pit the Wild Card winner against the Astros for a ticket to the Conference Series. Tickets are limited and in high demand, ranging from $51 (Standing Room Only) to over $100, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Time TBD.
- Battle of the Piney Woods: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. Sam Houston State Bearkats at NRG Stadium | Saturday, October 5 – The 94th edition of this classic rivalry sees the Lumberjacks aiming to end the Bearkats’ eight-year streak of dominance. Tickets range from $15 to over $40. 3pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Atlanta Falcons at NRG Stadium | Sunday, October 6 – The Texans follow up their home game against the Panthers with an inter-conference matchup against the Atlanta Falcons. Tickets start at $55, but you might find cheaper, better, hard-to-find tickets available on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. Noon.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Los Angeles Galaxy at BBVA Stadium | Sunday, October 6 – The Dynamo wrap up their 2019 season with an afternoon home finale against the Los Angeles Galaxy, led by the legendary Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who may be exiting the league in the offseason. Tickets range from $28 to over $79, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 3pm.
- Houston Cup at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, October 6 – The final two teams of the week face-off in the Houston Cup finale, featuring a best hat contest, player parade, live flamenco music and more. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats range from $79 to $695. 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).