Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Largely a residential neighborhood, the Spring Branch area plays home to a tapestry of cultures, making it an excellent destination for authentic global cuisine. But that’s not all the sprawling ‘hood has to offer, as there’s plenty of other fun to be had, including some happening nightlife.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Spring Branch is roughly bound by Clay Road and Highway 290 to the north, Interstate 10 to the south, 610 to the east, and Beltway 8 to the west. It includes Spring Branch East and Spring Branch West, plus the area in between.
The Best Bars in Spring Branch
- Blue Lagoon Club – Cheap drinks, Friday night karaoke, and a jukebox and pool table make this neighborhood bar the kind of place you can hole up in for a while. The low-key spot is often quiet, but plenty friendly. Click here for directions.
- The Branch – You’ll find trivia, sports watch parties, and a magic frozen cocktail machine at this friendly neighborhood bar and grill. You’ll also find elevated pub grub like Vindaloo Frito Pie and the H-Town Cheese Steak, made with 44 Farms sirloin, jalapeños, and smoked gouda beer cheese. Click here for directions.
- Cobble & Spoke – With a 40-tap rotating lineup of real deal craft beer from small, independent breweries in Texas, this relaxed watering hole is a welcome addition to the Spring Branch neighborhood. Xenophiles will also find small volume craft wine from Texas Hill Country vineyards and producers. Late-night hours run from Thursday to Saturday until midnight and from Sunday to Wednesday until 10pm. Click here for directions.
- Lazy Oaks Beer Garden – Opened just northeast of I-10 and the Beltway in July 2019, Lazy Oaks is true to its name. The cozy indoor-outdoor spot offers you the chance to unwind with booze, games, and eats from beer cheese pretzels to house-smoked wings sauced in traditional buffalo, espresso bbq, and Thai curry. Kids are welcome ‘til 9pm, but then the party becomes 21+ only. Look out for pint nights, specials and more. Click here for directions.
- Might As Well Lounge and Boozenasium – Tucked away in Long Point strip center you’ll find this easy-going lounge and “boozenasium,” which rocks an old school dive vibe alongside bar pies and booze. Head here to sip frozens, watch the games, and enjoy fun specials like bring your own vinyl Mondays. Click here for directions.
- Texas T Tavern – Sports fans will want to head to this friendly tavern, offering Texas brews and booze, flatscreens, video games, live music, and specials from virtual Texas Holdem’ tournies to Sunday night karaoke. Click here for directions.