Rally the home teams to victory at these exciting games and sports events around Houston in October 2019.
Also in October 2019
Happening This Week
This month, the Rockets return to NBA’s regular season with a new-look squad that aims to bring home the Larry O’Brien trophy next summer.
Elsewhere, the Dynamo put an official end to their year against one of the league’s legends, and the Texans carry on to the halfway point of the season.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: October 2019
- Houston Texans vs. Atlanta Falcons at NRG Stadium | Sunday, October 6 – The Texans follow up their home game against the Panthers with an inter-conference matchup against the Atlanta Falcons. Tickets start at $55, but you might find cheaper, better, hard-to-find tickets available on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. Noon.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Los Angeles Galaxy at BBVA Stadium | Sunday, October 6 – The Dynamo wrap up their 2019 season with an afternoon home finale against the Los Angeles Galaxy, led by the legendary Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who may be exiting the league in the offseason. Tickets range from $28 to over $79, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 3pm.
- Houston Open at Golf Club of Houston | Thursday, October 10 through Sunday, October 13 – The annual tournament will feature as one of the first events of the 2020 PGA Tour season and marks its final appearance at the Golf Club of Houston, located in Humble, before moving to Memorial Park Golf Course in 2020. Tickets for general admission range from $44 to $49.50 with additional packages available for different amenities and levels of access. Open each day at 7am.
- Running of the Bulls 5K Run/Walk at NRG Park | Sunday, October 13 – As part of the Houston Texans’ community outreach, the eighth annual 5K Run/Walk snakes participants around NRG Stadium and the Astrodome before crossing the finish line across the field of the Texans for a post-race party. A Kids 1K will also be an option for children 12 years and under. Registration starts at $35 for the 5K event; $30 for the Kids 1K. 7am.
- Child Advocates Superhero Run 2019 at CityCentre Houston | Saturday, October 19 – Now in its sixth year, the Superhero Run raises funds for Child Advocates, an organization that has been helping abused children with support, medical and psychological help, and engagement in school for over thirty years. Participants are encouraged to don the costume of their favorite superheroes during the 5K Run/Walk and Kids 1K. Registration is $20 for the Kids 1K and $35 for the 5K event. First race starts at 8am.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, October 19 – Monster Mutt, Grave Digger, and a slate of more than a dozen monster trucks line up for an evening of pulse-pounding, rip-roaring action on the grounds of NRG Stadium. Tickets range from $15 to over $145, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Milwaukee Bucks at Toyota Center | Thursday, October 24 – James Harden, Russell Westbrook, and Clint Capela return for the new season’s opening night with a home matchup against last year’s MVP from Milwaukee. Tickets range from $45 to over $800, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Pelicans at Toyota Center | Saturday, October 26 – The league’s number one draft pick, Zion Williamson, arrives in town with a revamped New Orleans squad on the Rockets’ second game of the season. Tickets range from $37 to over $800 and might approach a sell-out, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Oakland Raiders at NRG Stadium | Sunday, October 27 – The Texans arrive at the midpoint of the season to face a Raiders team led Derek Carr. Tickets start at $62, but you might find cheaper, better, hard-to-find tickets available on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. Noon.
- Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder at Toyota Center | Monday, October 28 – After a blockbuster trade this summer that sent Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook headed in opposite directions, the two teams will meet in Houston for an early season matchup. Tickets range from $20 to over $550, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).