Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Open since the end of 2015, the River Oaks District is a mixed-use development that spans 650,000 square feet complete with tree-lined streets and walkways, boutiques, sidewalk cafes and more. The district has become one of Houston’s most beloved destinations, offering luxury shopping, entertainment, dining, and nightlife all in one.
The Best Bars Near the River Oaks District
- MAD Houston – Sip crazy craft cocktails and take bathroom selfies this Madrid-inspired concept, which mixes a posh, hyper-modern restaurant with a late-night bar and lounge (open late Thursday through Saturday from 11pm to 1am). Hit it for a special night owl’s menu of Spanish tapas and specialty cocktails like the matcha-infused Green Tea Gin & Tonic, plus a live DJ. Click here for directions.
- The Tuck Room – Located inside iPic Houston, this spirited drinking and dining den is open til 11pm Monday to Sunday. Jam out to the occasional live music and sip on cocktails like Ginger Fizzes, Manhattans, and Dirty Martinis along with craft beers and wines. Click here for directions.
- Bisou – Join the social set at the bar at this chic restaurant from the fun collective behind Clé Day & Night and Spire nighclubs. The spot rocks midnight hours Wednesday to Saturday, so you can dine and keep the party going with creative craft cocktails, bubbly and more, plus enjoy special events like Ladies Night on Wednesdays. Click here for directions.
- The Railyard – Located just behind the District off San Felipe and open til 2am seven days a week, this laidback neighborhood bar rocks fun stuff like a projection screen for sports, arcade games (including Skee-Ball), and a vintage photobooth. Regular specials include Whiskey Wednesdays, Beer N’ A Shot Thursdays, and Fireball Fridays. Click here for directions.
- Loch Bar – Rocking one of the area’s largest raw bars and a wide selection of craft beer, cocktails, and a nice roster of whiskey, this classic seafood tavern is the new “it” place in town, with late-night hours (2am) and live music seven days a week. Click here for directions.
- Ouzo Bay – This hot new spot (and sister concept to Loch Bar) offers a breezy taste of the Mediterranean, plus a live DJ in its bar and lounge every Wednesday through Saturday night. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Sip cocktails and listen to live music on Friday and Saturday nights at The Remington Bar inside the luxe St. Regis Hotel; and hit Tap & Pour, a pop-up bar with local craft beers on tap inside Hotel Derek’s Revolve Kitchen + Bar.