Make the most of your week with our top 16 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, September 16 to Sunday, September 22, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2019
Catch a modern take on a classic, Shakespearean play; see The Smiths’ frontman Morrissey live in concert; taste a variety of tacos prepared by local chefs; heads to the Heights for an annual, wine-centric event; celebrate Polish culture with authentic cuisine and live entertainment and more.
Top 16 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- B52 & Rollin’ Local Monthly Beer Dinner at B52 Brewing | Wednesday, September 18 – Feast on a farm-to-table dinner prepared with fresh ingredients and paired with craft beer as B52 and Rollin’ Local team up for a monthly beer dinner at the brewery. $50. 7pm to 10pm.
- A.D. Players present The Hiding Place at the George Theater | Thursday, September 19 to Sunday, September 22 – Take a seat for A.D. Players’ production of The Hiding Place, which tells of a Dutch family that hid Jews from the Nazi regime during World War II. Tickets start at $30, but limited premium $60 tickets are discounted to $30 for select shows. Showtimes vary.
- Obsidian Theater presents Othello: The Remix at MATCH | Thursday, September 19 to Saturday, September 21 – Check out a unique production of Othello: The Remix, a modern take on the classic story that began as a collaboration between hip-hop artists The Q Brothers and the Chicago Shakespeare Theater. Tickets are $25; $20 ages 65 and up; $15 for students with valid ID, but limited discounted $17 tickets are available for select shows. Showtimes vary.
- 19th Street Wine Walk in the Heights | Thursday, September 19 | No Cover – Stroll down the Heights’ historic 19th Street while stepping into its notable shops and sipping select wines from a signature glass during this annual event. Participating shops include Decant Urban Winery, Emerson Rose, Jubilee, Vinal Edge Records, AG Antiques and more. 5pm to 9pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Friday, September 20 to Sunday, September 22 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Angels in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Art Factory presents Grease at the Docks | Friday, September 20 to Sunday, September 22 – Enjoy a musical full of nostalgia and iconic hits when Art Factory presents its new production of Grease at the Docks. You’ll hear “Summer Nights,” “Greased Lightning,” “Hopelessly Devoted to You,” “Beauty School Dropout,” “You’re the One I Want” and more, paired with dazzling dance moves and costumes. Tickets are $25 each, or five for $100, but limited discounted $12.50 tickets are available for select shows. Showtimes vary.
- Polish Harvest Festival at Our Lady of Czestochowa Roman Catholic Church | Friday, September 20 to Sunday, September 22 – Experience Polish tradition mixed with modern entertainment during the three-day Polish Harvest Festival in West Houston. The festival will offer authentic Polish cuisine, Polish beer and wine, music and dance performances, a kids zone, shopping, and a silent auction. Tickets are $5 for adults; free for kids under 12 and free for senior citizens above 65. Times vary.
- Texas Hot Sauce Festival at Bayou City Event Center | Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22 – Spice up your weekend at the Texas Hot Sauce Festival in the Bayou City Event Center. If you can handle the heat, sample hundreds of hot sauces, salsas, dips, spices, marinades, wing sauces, and jams while shopping festival merchandise and enjoying live music throughout the two-day fest. Tickets are $12; kids 12 and under get in for free. 11am both days.
- TacoWorld on Navigation Esplanade | Saturday, September 21 | No Cover – Stuff your face with Mexican food at this free, all-day, taco-centric event on the Navigation Esplanade. Local chefs and restaurants will offer a variety of a la carte food and beverage options while live music and vendors keep you entertained. Noon to 10pm.
- Oktoberfest! at Last Concert Cafe | Saturday, September 21 – Celebrate Oktoberfest at Last Concert Cafe with tasty new craft beers from local favorites like 8th Wonder, Saint Arnold’s, 11 Below, Under The Radar, and Texas Leaguer. You’ll also find a festival lineup of live music from Manic Focus, Heart Byrne, Josh Pearson, and Voodoo Visionary. Tickets include two beer tokens and are $25 in advance; $30 at the door. 4pm to 11:30pm.
- Vino at the Village at Lakeland Village Center | Saturday, September 21 – Taste wine and food pairings as you stroll through the shops of Lakeland Village Center during Vino at the Village. Benefitting the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation, the evening event includes live entertainment, caricature artists, bounce houses, and an iPhone giveaway. $10. 5pm to 9pm.
- Morrissey, with Interpol at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, September 21 – Rock out to a concert by Morrissey, the frontman for The Smiths, when he plays live at White Oak Music Hall with indie-rock group Interpol. Tickets start at $59.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- Houston Roller Derby at Revention Music Center | Saturday, September 21 – Watch as two Houston Roller Derby teams go head-to-head in a bout at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $15. 6pm.
- Peter Frampton in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, September 21 – Take your last chance to see Peter Frampton live in concert when the English rock guitarist, singer, songwriter, and producer brings his farewell tour to Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $22, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Iron Maiden in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, September 22 – Metalheads rejoice as Iron Maiden heads to Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for a rockin’ show alongside openers The Raven Age. Tickets start at $39, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Jenny Zigrino at The Secret Group | Sunday, September 22 – Crackup at the knee-slapping comedy of Jenny Zigrino, a comedian hailing from the Midwest with appearances on Conan and in her own Comedy Central special. Tickets are $10 in advance; $13 day of the show. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).