Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Sitting about 15 minutes west of Downtown, this super neighborhood overlaps with several popular districts, including Memorial City and the Energy Corridor. As such, the sprawling neighborhood has plenty to do by day, and by night, including paying a visit to these excellent watering holes.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Memorial is roughly defined by this map. The list includes some Memorial City and Energy Corridor bars, but for even more fun in those specific neighborhoods, check out their dedicated lists.
The Best Bars in Memorial
- Bowl & Barrel – You can grab a drink and throw a strike at this chic bowling alley and bar hybrid, located in CityCentre. Head here to sip beers by the barrel and bottle, plus tasty cocktails like the Ruby Rose, Tincup Old Fashioned, and Kingsman Sangria. Hungry? Be sure to tack on giant pretzels dipped in fondue, sliders in a bag, and shareable pizzas. Click here for directions.
- By Popular Demand – Unwind with top-shelf spirits, whiskey, and bourbon at this relaxed neighborhood haunt, which mixes a living room and lounge with a cozy covered patio. You’ll also find beers, wines, and cocktails along with shareable plates, including loaded totchos, classic wings, and pigs in a blanket. Click here for directions.
- Christian’s Tailgate – Home to the giant 1-pound burger, this sports empire has cultivated a cult following. Hit the Energy Corridor outpost to sip craft brews, smash burgers and wings, watch games, and enjoy daily specials like Taco Tuesday and Friday and Saturday night karaoke. Click here for directions.
- Lucky’s Pub West – This fan-favorite sports bar offers tons of flatscreens for your sports viewing pleasure, plus midnight hours Sunday to Tuesday and late-night 2am closings Wednesday to Saturday. Lookout for fun specials like Taco and Pint Night on Tuesdays, Steak and Smitcher Night on Wednesdays, and Flashback Fridays, with flashback prices and drinks. Click here for directions.
- Monnalisa Bar – With a dreamy starlit ceiling and open-air courtyard complete with an infinity pool, draped cabanas, and sultry lanterns, this lounge and bar is the place to be by night. Stop by the Hotel Sorella bar for high-class cocktails and wines alongside live music Wednesday through Sunday. Click here for directions.
- NextDoor Bar and Lounge – Located “Nextdoor” to Hungry’s, this local favorite offers something for everyone. By night, you’ll find the lounge and patio come alive, with weekly specials including UnWINEd Wednesday, Don’t Mess With Texas Thursday and more. Late-night hours run Wednesday to Thursday ‘til midnight and on Friday and Saturday until 1am; Sunday and Monday they close at 10pm; Tuesdays they close at 11pm. Click here for directions.
- Nikki’s Irish Pub – Steak nights, rock music, games and sports, and specials like Texas Tuesdays are all a part of the fun at this no frills, laidback neighborhood pub. Click here for directions.
- The Tasting Room – This popular CityCentre wine café is serious about wine, offering a smart list of bubbles and wines on tap and by the glass and bottle. Grab some friends and share a bottle or two over cheese and charcuterie boards, truffle fries, kobe beef sliders, wild mushroom pizza, and Gulf Coast crab cakes. Click here for directions.
- Watson’s House of Ales – Open daily ‘til 2am, this local watering hole rocks taps, bottles, live music, and good times. Wash some wings and loaded nachos down with a craft beer, or try blends like the Black and Tan or Angry Snakebite, made with cider and cinnamon whisky. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Mix booze with blues at Shakespeare Pub; sip high-end bourbon at The General Public or a seasonally-inspired cocktail at Radio Milano’s Milano Bar; and have a low-key good time at Ashford Pub.