Get your face paint on to cheer the home teams to victory at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, September 9 through Sunday, September 15, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2019
Football takes the main stage in Houston this week with the college season getting into full swing and the Texans playing their home opener.
Elsewhere, the Astros honor First Responders and World Cup champions visit H-Town when they play the Dash in one of the final home games of the season.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park | Wednesday, September 11 – In remembrance of September 11th, the Astros host First Responders Appreciation Night with a special pregame ceremony that honors Houston’s police, fire, and emergency medical responders. The first 10,000 fans in attendance will also receive a minted Challenge Coin in thanks to first responders. Tickets start at $15, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
- Advocare Texas Kickoff Classic: Houston Cougars vs. Washington State Cougars at NRG Stadium | Friday, September 13 – Making their second appearance in this annual early-season game, the Houston Cougars will take on another squad of Cougars from the Pacific Northwest. Tickets range from $19 to over $125, but you may click here to check for discounted tickets. 8:15pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Utah Royals FC at BBVA Stadium | Friday, September 13 – In their second-to-last home game, the Dash will look to claim valuable points over a Utah team that sits on the edge of the playoffs. World Cup champions Christen Press, Kelley O’Hara, and Becky Sauerbrunn are slated to appear for the Royals. Tickets start at $15. 7:30pm.
- Rice Owls vs. Texas Longhorns at NRG Stadium | Saturday, September 14 – For the first time in four years, Rice and Texas add another meeting to their rivalry that dates back over a century. Tickets range from $25 to over $225, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at NRG Stadium | Sunday, September 15 – After opening the season in New Orleans, the Texans come home to play a division matchup against the Jags. Tickets start at $54, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. Noon.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).