Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
This luxurious neighborhood is known as the shopping mecca of Houston, rocking the largest shopping mall in Texas and over 700 retailers lining the streets, plus plenty of restaurants and bars. See what fun is awaiting in this high-end district by night.
Note: For the purposes of this list, the Galleria and Uptown are defined as the area bound by South Voss to the west, I-610 to the east, I-10 to the north, and Southwest Fwy to the south.
The Best Bars in the Galleria & Uptown
- Café Mawal – This charming hookah bar and restaurant is a neighborhood institution, bringing a taste of the Middle East to Houston for over 20 years. Hit it to experience hookah, live entertainment from DJs to belly dancing, and cocktails and eats inside a super cool private tent or on its lit-up patio. Click here for directions.
- Muldoon’s the Patio – Head to this tree-shaded patio bar for its stiff drinks, stay for the friendly neighborhood vibe. The standby has been in business for 25 years, rocking drinks from Corpse Revivers to Peach Mojitos. Click here for directions.
- The West End – There’s karaoke every Wednesday at this neighborhood public house, plus Ladies Night every Thursday, DJs every Friday, and special events from holiday parties to live music. There are also top-notch American whiskeys, a lineup of craft beers, cocktails and wines, bar bites from wings to steak ‘n fries, lounge spaces, and massive patio. Click here for directions.
- Jake’s Sports Bar – Hit this fan-favorite sports bar to nosh on wings, nachos, cheese steaks, and burgers, all of which you can wash down with buckets, cocktails, and pints from its revolving tap selection. Click here for directions.
- Ivy Bar & Bistro – By day, this Fiori Spa bistro is quiet and charming, but by night, things get a little more lively. That’s when you’ll find DJ music blasting, cocktails flowing, and fun times rolling at the rooftop bar. Click here for directions.
- The Tasting Room – Wine junkies will want to check out this Uptown Park tasting room and café, which offers over 150 wines by the glass and bottle, from the bold and classic to the unique and exotic. Pair the grapes with truffle fries, charcuterie boards, and brick oven pizzas. Click here for directions.
- Uptown Lounge – Mix hookah with dancing at this sultry late-night spot, which rocks DJs, a dance floor, upscale outdoor patio, and full bar. Look out for specials from Hennessy Mondays to Signature Saturdays. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in the Galleria & Uptown
Go for the true pub experience at Richmond Arms Pub, or the dive experience at The Pub; hang out in the Beaver Backyard at Beaver’s West; watch the game at Sam’s Boat or The Deck on Fountainview; catch a show at Stereo Live; and get even more hookah at spots like Layal Cafe and Creperie and Café Europe.