Laugh yourself to tears at these must-see live comedy events in Houston for September 2019.
Also in September 2019
Happening This Week
At comedy stages across the city, comedians from the world of film, television, and podcasts land for unforgettable nights of side-splitting hilarity.
Top 10 Live Comedy Events This Month: September 2019
- Rhett & Link at Smart Financial Centre | Wednesday, September 4 – The comedy duo that rose to prominence on YouTube and garnered a huge following with Good Mythical Morning arrives in Sugar Land for a live peformance that will have you rolling on the floor laughing. Tickets range from $46 to $85.75. 8pm.
- Katya at Cullen Performance Hall | Thursday, September 5 – A contestant on RuPaul’s Drag Race and one half of the Viceland comedic duo featured on The Trixie & Katya Show, Katya Zamolodchikova lands in Houston for a stop on her global “Help Me I’m Dying Tour”. Tickets start at $25. 8pm.
- Akaash Singh, Danish Maqbool at The Secret Group | Friday, September 6 – As part of the “Big Desi Energy Tour”, Akaash Singh and Danish Maqbool bring their relentless, thought-provoking comedy to the mic, leaving audiences doubled over in laughter. Tickets are $12 in advance; $16 day of the show. 8pm.
- Nicole Byer at Houston Improv | Wednesday, September 11 – Host of Netflix’s baking show Nailed It!, Nicole Byer has also been featured on Late Nite with Seth Myers, Adult Swim, and the new Netflix animated series, Tuca & Bertie. Well known for her bold and refreshing work, she continues to rise as a powerful voice in the comedy scene. Tickets are $20. 8pm.
- Kevin Farley at The Secret Group | Thursday, September 12 – Currently starring in the hit Netflix series, F is for Family, Kevin Farley takes his comedic presence to The Secret Group stage. The brother of the late, great Chris Farley, Kevin has landed guest roles from the small screen to the silver screen, and is a frequent guests on radio programs and podcasts. Tickets are $15 in advance; $20 day of the show. 8pm.
- Rhea Butcher at The Secret Group | Friday, September 13 – Armed with their unique brand of blue collar humor, Rhea Butcher takes their endearing act to audiences across the country. Butcher has been featured on HBO’s 2 Dope Queens, The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail, and wrote and starred in Take My Wife on the comedy streaming service, Seeso. Tickets are $20 in advance; $25 day of the show. 8pm.
- Trae Crowder at Houston Improv | Friday, September 13 and Saturday, September 14 – Out of Tennessee, Trae Crowder rose to prominence co-authoring The Liberal Redneck Manifesto, setting himself apart from the stereotypes of the South. Along with his partners, Drew Morgan and Corey Forrester, Crowder also co-hosts their weekly wellRED Podcast. Tickets range from $25 to $50. Showtimes vary.
- Michael Blackson and Tony Roberts at Arena Theatre | Saturday, September 14 – The Ghanaian comedian and actor has graced the stage of stand-up specials by Martin Lawrence to Shaquille O’Neal. Now, he embarks on a nationwide tour with former Def Jam comic, Tony Roberts. Tickets range from $39 to over $100. 8:30pm.
- Jenny Zigrino at The Secret Group | Sunday, September 22 – From her debut on Conan to her very own special on Comedy Central, Jenny Zigrino has delighted audiences around the country with her fearless brand of laugh-out-loud humor, delivered with a Midwest twist. Tickets are $10 in advance; $13 day of the show. 8pm.
- John Witherspoon at Houston Improv | Thursday, September 26 through Sunday, September 29 – Known for his roles in film and television, including the dog-catching dad in the Friday trilogy, John Witherspoon arrives at the Houston Improv for an extended weekend of his wildly popular and hilarious stand-up act. Tickets range from $25 to $35. Showtimes vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).