Make the most of your week with our top 14 event picks happening in Houston from Labor Day, Monday, September 2 to Sunday, September 8, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2019
Laugh it up at a comedy show; celebrate Labor Day with family and friends; participate in a charitable race; pair Saint Arnold beer with locally made cheese; rock out to a heavy metal concert and more.
Top 14 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Labor Day Events Around Houston | Labor Day, Monday, September 2 – Take a load off and honor the U.S. workforce this Labor Day with plenty of parties, parades, and celebrations in and around Houston. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Free Fall Preview at Rice University | Wednesday, September 4 | FREE – Discover what’s available this fall in The Glasscock School for Continuing Studies at Rice University with a free presentation and reception with complimentary refreshments. The preview features mini-talks and workshop overviews, including discussions of Houston and its history. 3pm to 7pm.
- Comedians Rhett & Link – Live in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Wednesday, September 4 – Crack up when comedians Rhett and Link bring their “Internetainment” act to the stage at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. The duo is known for the online comedy show, Good Mythical Morning. Tickets start at $46, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Ku Egenti & Friends at Houston Improv | Wednesday, September 4 – Laugh it up at a live comedy show by Ku Egenti at Houston Improv. Expect observational comedy that covers Egenti’s family, bad relationships, and life as a Nigerian American. $20. 8pm.
- Waterscape Making: A Harvey Anniversary Public Ceremony at The Water Works Thursday, September 5 | FREE – Discover the connection between public imagination and Houston’s relationship with water at an interactive waterscape ceremony by Houston artist Carrie Schneider. The exhibit allows you to control your own weather system inside of a fish tank throughout the length of a song of your choosing. 8pm to 10pm.
- Megan Thee Stallion in Concert at Revention Music Center | Friday, September 6 – Rap the lyrics to Megan Thee Stallion’s hit song, “Hot Girl Summer,” when she performs live at Revention Music Center. Tickets to this show are sold out, but you may be able to find seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market.8pm.
- Maná in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, September 6 – Head to Toyota Center for a concert by Maná, known for their best-selling Spanish-language rock album. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Donate Life Texas 2nd Chance Run & Walk at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, September 7 – Run, walk, volunteer, or cheer on participants at Donate Life Texas’ 2nd Chance Run in Minute Maid Park. The event includes a 5K and one-mile run, as well as a donor remembrance tent, kids’ zone, photo booth, games, refreshments, giveaways and more. Registration is $28 per person for the 5K, one-mile run, and virtual runner. 6:30am to 10am.
- Art of Wining and Dining: Brunch & Bubbly at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, September 7 – Stroll through Sugar Land Town Square while sampling a variety of sparkling wines and brunch dishes from participating restaurants at the Art of Wining and Dining event. Attendees can participate in an interactive performance by dueling pianists, observe live speed painting, check out a chalk competition, or shop a selection of vendors on site. Tickets start at $10. 10:30am to 3pm.
- Chris Young in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, September 7 – Get down to a country music concert when Chris Young brings his “Raised on Country Tour” to the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $22, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Beer & Cheese Tasting at Saint Arnold Brewery | Sunday, September 8 – Indulge in a selection of beer and cheese at this special event hosted by Saint Arnold Brew Co. Expect to taste handcrafted beers paired with Texas-made cheeses from the Houston Dairymaids. Tickets are $35. 1pm to 3pm.
- Fall Classic at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, September 8 – Kick off Houston Polo Club’s fall season with live music, expert announcing, a champagne divot stomp, and a world-class polo match. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
- Knotfest at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, September 8 – Rock out to a live heavy metal performance when Slipknot headlines Knotfest, a touring show featuring fellow rockers Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth. Tickets range from $39.50 to $144.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5:30pm.
- John Mayer in Concert at Toyota Center | Sunday, September 8 – Experience a live performance of John Mayer’s greatest hits when the iconic musician plays music spanning his lengthy career with no opening act. Tickets start at $49.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).