Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, September 4 to Sunday, September 8, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- Daniel Caesar in Concert at Revention Music Center – The R&B singer-songwriter, Daniel Caesar performs live at Revention Music Center for his “Case Study 01: Tour.” Tickets start at $45. 7pm.
- Common with the Houston Symphony at Jones Hall – The award-winning hip-hop artist, film producer, poet, and actor Common will join the Houston Symphony for a special, one-night-only showcase of his biggest hits at Jones Hall. Tickets start at $54. 7:30pm.
- Comedians Rhett & Link – Live in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – The online comedy duo and hosts of Good Mythical Morning, Rhett and Link bring their “Internetainment” act to the stage at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets range from $46 to $85.75, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Ku Egenti & Friends at Houston Improv – Ku Egenti leads a night of comedy featuring some of the funniest comedians in Texas. A Nigerian raised in Houston, Ku Egenti is an observational comedian who talks about family, bad relationships, and life as a Nigerian American. Tickets are $20. 8pm.
- Suavamente with DJ Gracie Chavez at The Pink Elephant Room | No cover – Head to The Pink Elephant Room for a night of salsa, cumbia, reggaeton, and Latin classics with DJ Gracie Chavez. 10pm.
Thursday, September 5, 2019
- DIY Wood Sign Party at Heights Bier Garten – Have an evening of creativity and craft brews and complete the perfect wooden sign at Heights Bier Garten. Tickets are $35 and include all materials and a beer. 6pm to 8pm.
- Harry Potter Movies Trivia at Growler USA Katy | FREE with RSVP – Gather your wizards and play five rounds of Harry Potter movie trivia at Growler USA Katy. This event is free, but you must RSVP. 7pm to 9pm.
- Game of Thrones Trivia at Great Heights Brewing Company – Drink and know things with your friends when Great Heights Brewing Company hosts a Game of Thrones trivia night. This night will focus on season 1 of the show. Tickets are $7. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show at CSz Arena – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Katya: Help Me I’m Dying Comedy Tour at Cullen Performance Hall – Enjoy a show-stopping performance from the drag queen, Katya, for the “Help Me I’m Dying” tour, a fusion of stand-up comedy, storytelling, video, and live dance performances. Tickets start at $25. 8pm.
- JVNA at Stereo Live Houston – Spend the night dancing as the LA-based producer and DJ, JVNA spins at Stereo Live Houston. Tickets are $15. 10pm.
Friday, September 6, 2019
- Megan Thee Stallion in Concert at Revention Music Center – Have a “hot girl summer” when Houston rapper Megan Thee Stallion headlines for her “Break the Internet” tour at Revention Music Center. Doja Cat opens the show. Tickets to this show are sold out, but you may be able to find seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- Maná in Concert: Rayando El Sol Tour at Toyota Center – The most widely sold Latin band in the world, Maná, returns to Houston with the Rayando El Sol Tour, named after the band’s critically acclaimed single. Tickets start at $29.50, before ticketing fees, but you may also find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 8pm.
- An Evening with Mark Knopfler & Band at Smart Financial Centre – The former lead guitarist, lead singer, and songwriter for the ’80s rock band Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, brings his music to Sugar Land. Tickets range from $55.50 to $155.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Dale Watson & His Lonestars at The Continental Club – The Austin-based honky-tonker, Dale Watson, performs live at The Continental Club on Mid Main. Tickets start at $18. 8pm.
- Bombshells: The Art of Pin-Up at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – Insomnia Gallery in the East End hosts the art exhibition, Bombshells: The Art of Pin-Up featuring local artists paying homage to classic pin-up. 8pm.
- ComedySportz presents Improv! The Musical at CSz Arena – In Improv! The Musical, members of ComedySportz Houston take the stage and come up with the storyline, soundtrack, and choreography of a musical right before your eyes. Tickets are $16, but limited discounted $10 tickets are usually available. 10:30pm.
Saturday, September 7, 2019
- Zine Fest Houston 2019: Zine Cuisine at Lawndale Art Center | No Cover – Support DIY artists and writers, at Zine Fest Houston 2019, an annual festival dedicated to promoting zines (self-published magazines), mini-comics, and other forms of small press. This year’s theme is Zine Cuisine and will feature be workshops, film screenings, a food panel and more. Noon to 6pm.
- Transportable Cities: Mexico Opening Reception at Archway Gallery | FREE – Archway Gallery in Montrose hosts a free opening reception for its newest exhibition, Transportable Cities: Mexico—A Depiction of Downtown Mexico City at 5 o’clock in the Afternoon, featuring new paintings by Cecilia Villanueva and complimentary wine, light bites, and valet parking. 5pm to 8pm.
- Transportable Cities: Mexico Opening Reception at Archway Gallery | FREE – Join artist Cecilia Villanueva for complimentary wine, light bites, and more as Archway Gallery debuts a collection of her recent paintings the depict Downtown Mexico City at 5 o’clock in the afternoon. 5pm to 8pm. Artist comments at 6:30pm.
- Randy Rogers Band in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Enjoy a live performance from the Texas-based country music act, the Randy Rogers Band at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $35 in advance. Doors at 6pm; show at 7pm
- Movie Nite on The Strand: Tommy Boy at Saengerfest Park | FREE – Laugh yourself to tears in The Strand District with a free screening of the 1995 comedy, Tommy Boy, starring Chris Farley and David Spade. Bring chairs, blankets, and pillows to take in the free family-friendly movie under the stars. 7pm.
- Paul Cauthen Album Release at The Heights Theater – The Dallas-based country singer-songwriter, Paul Cauthen, celebrates the release of his new album, Room 41 at The Heights Theater. Medicine Man Revival opens the show. Tickets start at $16. 7pm.
- A.B. Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia King Allstarz in Concert at House of Blues – Catch a live show from cumbia legend Selena Quintanilla’s brother, producer, and songwriter, A.B. Quintanilla III along with Los Kumbia King Allstarz at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $27.50. 7pm.
Sunday, September 8, 2019
- Second Sunday Revival: Vintage Vida at Market Square Houston | No Cover – Vida Antigua Vintage and Yoko Vintage present Got Vintage Market, the ultimate retro market with local vendors, DJs, a fashion show and more at Market Square Houston in Downtown. Noon to 5pm.
- Fall Classic at Houston Polo Club – The Houston Polo Club hosts their 2019 Fall Classic season kick-off match up. Enjoy live music, expert announcing, champagne divot stomp at half time, and an exciting world-class polo match. Meet the players afterward at the special trophy presentation. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
- Felix Jaehn at Clé Houston – The German DJ and record producer who specializes in tropical house music, Felix Jaehn, performs live at Clé Houston lounge. Tickets are $10. 2pm to 8pm.
- WorldPride 2023 Party at Pearl Bar Houston – Pearl Bar Houston hosts a WorldPride Party in celebration of Houston officially being a Candidate City to host WorldPride in 2023. Cover charge at the door. 3pm to 6pm.
- John Mayer’s Summer Tour 2019 at Toyota Center – The evening will feature two sets of music spanning John Mayer’s entire pop rock recording career, with no opening act. Mayer is known for numerous massive hits, such as “New Light,” “Gravity,” “Love on the Weekend,” “Heartbreak Warfare,” “Daughters,” “Waiting on the World to Change,” “Your Body Is a Wonderland,” and more. Tickets start at $49.50, before ticketing fees, but you may also find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).