In our Where to Brunch series, we search Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods for the very best brunch offerings. Originally published in 2017, we are now refreshing, updating, and adding to this series, including new neighborhoods and destinations.
This booming commercial district boasts a bevvy of restaurants, boutiques, and thriving businesses, with gems lining every nook and cranny. And as luck would have it, many of those gems offer killer brunch.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Upper Kirby and Greenway Plaza are defined by the area covered in this map.
Where to Brunch in Greenway & Upper Kirby
- Arnaldo Richards’ Picos – This crowd-pleasing Mexican eatery offers both weekend breakfast and a Sunday brunch buffet. On Sunday, all-you-can-eat brunch spread is packed with fresh salads, ceviche, menudo, posoles, tamales, paella, moles, and an entire table of desserts. At breakfast, choose between omelets, chilaquiles, and a lineup of traditional huevos plates, from huevos rancheros to migas. Breakfast Saturday and Sunday 7am to 3pm. Brunch Sunday 10:30am to 3pm. Click here for directions.
- Eunice – European influences meet Southern charm at this gorgeous Greenway Plaza brasserie. At brunch, dine on hearth-roasted oysters, hand-pulled burrata, jumbo Gulf shrimp & grits, pecan butter pancakes, and a simply delicious cheeseburger with b&b pickles. Sunday 10am to 6pm. Click here for directions.
- Hobbit Café – Sit on the inviting, tree-shaded deck, and breakfast plates that are anything but hobbit-sized. Feast on poached salmon eggs benny, smoked jalapeño boudin and eggs, or pancakes packed with blueberry, chocolate chip, and gingerbread flavors. And tack on brunchy booze—think mimosas, frozen bellinis, bloodys, and sangria—too. Saturday and Sunday 10:30am to 2pm (Sundays it can go until 3pm). Click here for directions.
- Pondicheri – You’ll want to start with the Morning Thali at this Indian street food stunner; that’s a traditional Indian variety plate, this time packed with spiced lamb keema, uppma (South Indian-inspired stone grits), coconut salad, morning oats, carrot paratha (flatbread), fried egg, and potato cake. The fast-casual spot also boasts breakfast frankies, yogurt-masala-marinated fried chicken and eggs, and brioche French toast with bananas, strawberries, and jaggery (cane sugar) syrup. Hit the bake lab on the way out and grab some cardamom and chai-spiced treats to go. Daily 8am to 3pm. Click here for directions.
- Relish Restaurant & Bar – Saturday brunch means you can dig into Belgian chicken & waffles, smoked salmon bagels, steak and egg breakfast tacos, and BLTs, burgers, and melts, plus eye-opening cocktails like Bloody Marys and mimosas. The family-friendly spot also boasts a kids menu with hot dogs, grilled cheese, and roast turkey sammies. Saturday 10am to 3pm. Click here for directions.
- State of Grace – You can start with a giant warm cinnamon roll, butter biscuit and ham, or Texas Blue crab hushpuppies at this modern American charmer. Then, you can move onto bigger plates from an “everything bagel” Dutch baby to a smothered crawfish Benedict; or go lunchier with a “clam shack style” lobster roll or kimchi fried rice. Sunday 10am to 3pm. Click here for directions.
- Tiny Boxwood’s – There’s no better place for people-watching than this boutique garden and eatery, which draws a trend-setting crowd every sunny afternoon. The weekend menu pleases the palate, with a refreshing sangria and wine bar setup outside to help ease any pain of the line. Jump on it and ponder over whether you’re ordering the house migas, avocado toast, wood-fired salmon, and house ground burgers. Whatever you do, don’t forget to tack on some straight-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies, which are easily some of the best versions in town. Saturday 8am to 3pm; Sunday 9am to 2pm. Click here for directions.
More Great Brunch Options in Greenway & Upper Kirby
Get locally-inspired brunch plates at Eloise Grill & Liquors, which sits just outside the hood’s boundaries; feast on Southern-sized classics at Grace’s; enjoy a bubbly-filled Sunday affair at CRÚ Food & Wine Bar; get drips and breakfast tacos at Cavo Coffee; or go big on breakfast and pies at House of Pies.