Root on the hometown heroes at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, August 26 through Sunday, September 1, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in August 2019
This week, the Texans close out their preseason on Thursday while the ‘Stros begin the final homestretch into the postseason.
Elsewhere, gridiron takes over BBVA Stadium for a historic rivalry face-off.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Astros vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, August 27 – Head over hungry to Minute Maid Park for Dollar Hot Dog Night, presented by Nolan Ryan Beef. In addition, fans in attendance can purchase a $10 ticket add-on and get an exclusive ‘Stros shirt as part of T-Shirt Tuesday. Tickets range from $9 to $145, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Tampa Devil Rays at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, August 29 – With several players back from injury, new acquisitions, and some powerful batting from Yordan Alvarez, the ‘Stros are the team to catch in baseball this summer. Only five more home series remain in the regular season before eyes turn to October. Tickets range from $9 to $149, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 1:10pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Los Angeles Rams at NRG Stadium | Thursday, August 29 – The Texans close out the preseason in front of a home crowd against one of last season’s best gridiron squads. Tickets range from $13 to over $450, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Texas Southern University Tigers vs. Prairie View A&M Panthers at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, August 31 – It’s the Labor Day Classic between SWAC rivals, dating back to 1947. The Panthers have the edge over the Tigers for the last four straight seasons, though TSU will look to correct the record over Labor Day Weekend. Tickets range from $20 to over $50. 7pm.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. High Point Rockers at Constellation Field | Sunday, September 1 – The Skeeters close their home series against the High Point Rockers with Sunday Funday. Enjoy a pregame catch on the field, score player autographs, and let the kiddos run the bases post-game. Tickets range from $8 to $45. 6:05pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).