Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, August 28 to Sunday, September 1, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in August 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival 2019 in Galveston | Friday to Sunday – Celebrate and sample hundreds of specialty and hard-to-find brews at the Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival happening at Galveston’s Moody Gardens Convention Center. Headquartered at Moody Gardens, Brewmasters spans three days and is packed with a number of craft beer events, Nach-Yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting, Brew-B-Que, and BrewHaHa Grand Tasting. Prices and times vary.
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Grab a drink and lounge in a hammock while listening to the music of local jazz musicians every Wednesday at Axelrad. 7pm.
- Irish Session & Game Night at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | No Cover – McGonigel’s Mucky Duck hosts a weekly Wednesday evening celebration of traditional Irish and Celtic music. Patrons are invited to duke it out all evening, choosing from the Irish pub’s healthy selection of board games. 7:30pm.
- Karaoke & Songs for Suds at The West End – A Public House | No Cover – Sing your heart out at Karaoke & Songs for Suds, a karaoke event where you get a beer when you sing one song at The West End – A Public House. Only one song per person. 9:30pm.
Thursday, August 29, 2019
- Bingo Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Try your luck for a chance to win prizes in the beer garden at Under the Radar Brewery’s Bingo Night. There will be $4 happy hour pints preceding the event, from 4pm to 7pm. 7pm.
- Float & Flick Summer Movie Series Goonies Movie Screening at Hotel Derek – Hotel Derek opens up their Splash pool and movie wall for their Float & Flick Summer Movie Series featuring a summer menu, fruity cocktails, and local craft beers. For this evening, they will be screening, the ’80s classic, Goonies. Tickets are $25. 7:30pm.
- Summer Playlist Tour: Rascal Flatts in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Rascal Flatts returns to H-Town on the Summer Playlist Tour, performing live at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets range from $35.50 to $99.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Couples Therapy Comedy Retreat at Houston Improv – Hosted by Houston Improv club favorite Alan Adams, this romantic comedy show will find Adams delivering his views on relationships with quick-fire wit, stone face delivery, and sarcastically venomous punch-lines. Tickets range from $15 to $25, but you can score 2-for-1 (or BOGO) tickets with promocode Couples365 for a limited time. 8pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show at CSz Arena – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
Friday, August 30, 2019
- Music on the Plaza: August 2019 at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | FREE – The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) hosts an evening of live music and poetry on The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. This evening features performances by poet Zachary Caballero and the rock band, Handsomebeast. 6pm to 9pm.
- Sugar Land Tribute to Queen at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Sugar Land Town Square’s tribute series presents Baroness: A Queen Tribute that delivers the full Queen experience. The show will feature all the Queen hits including “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Killer Queen”, “Under Pressure”, “Hammer To Fall”, “Don’t Stop Me Now” and more. 7:30pm.
- Classic Albums Live: The Who at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Hear a live performance of the 1971 record, Who’s Next by The Who at Miller Outdoor Theatre. The Who’s Who’s Next is considered to be one of their best albums, and among the greatest albums of all time, with beloved hits like “Behind Blue Eyes” and “Won’t Get Fooled Again”. 8pm.
- Man! I Feel Like A Woman! at The Rustic | No Cover – Celebrate all of your favorite country music queens of the ’90s with live music and a ’90s costume contest at The Rustic. 9pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- DJ Pauly D at Stereo Live Houston – The Jersey Shore reality star and DJ, Pauly D, performs live at Stereo Live Houston. Tickets are $20. 10pm.
Saturday, August 31, 2019
- Gucci Mane Pool Party at Clé Houston – The hip hop trap artist, Gucci Mane, performs live along with special guest DJs at a pool party at Clé Houston. Tickets are $30. 2pm to 8pm.
- Tree House Happy Hour at The Grove | No Cover – Enjoy happy hour over-looking the beautiful Discovery Green at The Grove’s Tree House Happy Hour series. Guests can expect drink specials and bar bites on the upstairs, including $3 beers, $6 cocktails, $5 house rose and noshes like shrimp corn dogs ($6), bell pepper hummus ($8), and truffle fries ($5 to $10). 4pm to 7pm.
- Rad on the Bend at Bayou Bend Collections and Gardens – Each Saturday in August, you can beat the summer heat at Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens with discounted admission from 4pm to 6pm. Enjoy live music, refreshing mocktails from Axelrad’s new menu, and sunset-inspired popsicles created by Popston. $10. 4pm.
- Stranger Things Night at Social Beer Garden HTX | No Cover – Go back to the ’80s when Social Beer Garden hosts a Stranger Things-themed night with retro music, novelties, art and more. Stranger Things costumes are encouraged. 5pm to 10pm.
- TableOne Dinner Series at Royal Sonesta Houston – TableOne at Royal Sonesta Houston, one of the only chef’s tables of its kind in the city, hosts an intimate and interactive adventure for their TableOne Dinner Series. For this dinner, Chef Graham will focus on Floribian food, a playful mix of Floridian and Caribbean fare. $150 per person.
- Sugar Land Sing-A-Long Karaoke at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Sugar Land Town Square hosts an evening of karaoke in the plaza. Grab your singin’ family and friends for a fun and interactive evening. Jupiter Pizza will be on hand serving beer and wine for $5 each. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Backstreet Boys in Concert at Toyota Center – Their most expansive tour in nearly two decades, the Backstreet Boys embark on an around-the-world tour in support of their ninth studio album, DNA. Tickets range from $45 to $199 with VIP packages available, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Why? in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The alternative hip hop and indie band, Why? performs live at White Oak Music Hall with support from the dream-pop band, Barrie. Tickets are $15 in advance; $17 at the door. 8pm.
Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Taste of the Caribbean Festival 2019 – Celebrate the food, history and rich culture of the Caribbean when MySoulRebel.com presents the 3rd Annual Taste Of The Caribbean Festival at The Crown Festival Park at Sugar Land. The one of a kind festival will feature diverse foods, live music, art, dance performances and more. Presale tickets start at $20. 2pm to 10pm.
- Labor Day Weekend White Party at Howl at the Moon | No Cover – Dress to impress in all white and celebrate the end of summer at the Labor Day Weekend White Party at Howl at the Moon. 7pm.
- Archie Bell’s 75th Birthday Bash at The Continental Club – Archie Bell, Houston’s very own soul legend turns 75 years old, and you can celebrate the occasion at The Continental Club. Watch live performances from Archie and his band, The Allen Oldies Band, Roy Head, DJ Tempty and more. Tickets range from $18 to $189. 7pm.
- Molotov in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The Mexico City rap-rock band, Molotov, performs live at White Oak Music Hall. Piñata Protest opens the show. Tickets are $42 in advance; $45 at the door. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).