Get together with friends and family on Labor Day Weekend with our list of festivities between Friday, August 30 to Labor Day, Monday, September 2, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in September 2019
Whether you’re looking to get out on the town, experience some live music, or enjoy some family fun time, we’ve got what you covered with a few of our favorite Labor Day events.
Labor Day Weekend 2019 Festivities & Events
All Weekend Long
- Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival 2019 in Galveston | Friday to Sunday – Celebrate and sample hundreds of specialty and hard-to-find brews at the Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival. Headquartered at Moody Gardens, Brewmasters spans three days and is packed with a number of craft beer events, Nach-Yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting, Brew-B-Que, and BrewHaHa Grand Tasting. Prices and times vary.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. High Point Rockers at Constellation Field | Friday to Sunday – Get loud for the Sugar Land Skeeters as they battle the High Point Rockers, hailing from Pennsylvania, on their home turf at Constellation Field. Tickets range from $8 to $45. Times vary.
Friday, August 30, 2019
- Music on the Plaza: August 2019 at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | FREE – The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) hosts an evening of live music and poetry on The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. This evening features performances by poet Zachary Caballero and the rock band, Handsomebeast. 6pm to 9pm.
- Sugar Land Tribute to Queen at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Sugar Land Town Square’s tribute series presents Baroness: A Queen Tribute that delivers the full Queen experience. The show will feature all the Queen hits including “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Killer Queen”, “Under Pressure”, “Hammer To Fall”, “Don’t Stop Me Now” and more. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Classic Albums Live: The Who at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Hear a live performance of the 1971 record, Who’s Next by The Who at Miller Outdoor Theatre. The Who’s Who’s Next is considered to be one of their best albums, and among the greatest albums of all time, with beloved hits like “Behind Blue Eyes” and “Won’t Get Fooled Again.” 8pm.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Movie Screening at Levy Park | FREE – Spend Friday night at a free, family-friendly movie screening in Levy Park. This month’s featured movie is Solo: A Star Wars Story, starring Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, and Woody Harrelson. 8pm to 10pm.
Saturday, August 31, 2019
- Gulf Coast Volleyball Association Labor Day Classic on Galveston’s East Beach – The Gulf Coast Volleyball Association (GCVA), the largest outdoor volleyball association on the Gulf Coast celebrates Labor Day Weekend with an all-day tourney. Divisions include men’s, women’s, junior, and coed doubles. The first 100 players who check in at the beach each get a free t-shirt. $25 per person; $50 per team. Beachgoers are welcome to watch at no cost. 9am to 9pm.
- Labor Day Backyard BBQ at George Ranch – George Ranch hosts an old-fashioned ’30s Labor Day BBQ at the 1930s George Ranch House. Guests can enjoy period music on a vintage radio while playing games from the past. At noon, chow down on some old-fashioned grub in the yard of the 1930s George Ranch Home (reservations required). Admission is $15; $12 ages 65 and up; $10 ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. 10am to 5pm.
- Gucci Mane Pool Party at Clé Houston – The hip hop trap artist, Gucci Mane, performs live along with special guest DJs at a pool party at Clé Houston. Tickets are $30. 2pm to 8pm.
- Rad on the Bend at Bayou Bend Collections and Gardens – Each Saturday in August, you can beat the summer heat at Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens with discounted admission from 4pm to 6pm. Enjoy live music, refreshing mocktails from Axelrad’s new menu, and sunset-inspired popsicles created by Popston. $10 admission from 4pm to 6pm.
- Sugar Land Sing-A-Long Karaoke at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Sugar Land Town Square hosts an evening of karaoke in the plaza. Grab your singin’ family and friends for a fun and interactive evening. Jupiter Pizza will be on hand serving beer and wine for $5 each. 7:30m to 9:30pm.
Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Heights Morning Market at Onion Creek | No Cover – Recover from Saturday’s festivities with a decadent brunch, live music, and mimosas, then head out to shop a market of artisan goods, fresh produce, artwork and more at Heights Morning Market. 10am.
- Taste of the Caribbean Festival 2019 – Celebrate the food, history and rich culture of the Caribbean when MySoulRebel.com presents the 3rd Annual Taste Of The Caribbean Festival at The Crown Festival Park at Sugar Land. The one of a kind festival will feature diverse foods, live music, art, dance performances and more. Presale tickets start at $20. 2pm to 10pm.
- Labor Day at Waterway Square | FREE – Kick back and relax this Labor Day weekend at Waterway Square, where you can listen to live music, enjoy strolling entertainers, enter a pie-eating contest, marvel at fireworks and more during their holiday celebration. 5pm to 9pm.
- Labor Day Weekend White Party at Howl at the Moon – Dress to impress in all white and celebrate the end of summer at the Labor Day Weekend White Party at Howl at the Moon. 7pm.
Labor Day, Monday, September 2, 2019
- Labor Day Car Show at The Social Pub and Grill | No Cover – Head to Katy for a display of over 14 classes for cars, trucks, classics and late models at the Labor Day Car Show at The Social Pub & Grill. Registration begins at 9am.
- Labor Day at Lone Star Flight Museum – Dig into a celebration offering free hot dogs, talks, vintage planes, kids activities, and more. $5; free for museum members.9am to 5pm.
- Labor Day at Little Woodrow’s Rice Village | No Cover – Little Woodrow’s in the Rice Village hosts a Labor Day event filled with grilling hamburgers, hot dogs, beer specials and more. 1pm.
- Labor Day Luau at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Splashtown – Bring the family out for a day of water park fun and live hula performances at Hurricane Harbor Splashtown in Spring. Included with general admission to the park. 1pm to 4pm.
- 4th Annual Old Fashion Ice Cream Social in Friendswood | No Cover – Step back in time for the 4th Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social and enjoy ice cream, cookies, lemonade, root beer, and live music from the Wild River Trio at the Perry Home Museum behind The Friends Church. 3pm to 5pm.
- Labor Day Party at Lincoln Bar – Take advantage of your Monday off during Lincoln Bar’s Labor Day party on Washington Ave. You and your friends can celebrate the holiday with a photo booth, live music, a shot block, barbecue, a dunk tank, body paint, drink specials and more. Tickets for early birds are free; general admission costs $10. 4pm.
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Trivia at Little Woodrows in EaDo | No Cover – Show off your smarts and discover whether you’re smarter than a fifth-grader at Little Woodrows’ trivia night. They’ll offer drink specials and other excitement throughout the night. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).