Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, August 12 to Sunday, August 18, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in August 2019
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Kids Eat Free at Buff Burger | Monday, August 12 and Tuesday, August 13 – Feed the kids a meal they will love at Buff Burger. Buy an adult burger or salad at any three Buff Burger locations on a Monday or Tuesday, and get your kid’s meal for free. Buff Burger has locations in Memorial City, Montrose, and Westchase. The offer is dine-in only. 11am to 10pm both days.
- The Wiggles: Party Time Tour at Revention Music Center | Tuesday, August 13 – Join Anthony, Emma, Lachy, and Simon for a night of singing and dancing galore. Have a wigglin’ great time at Revention Center for this one night only event. The Party Time Tour will feature fan favorites Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog, Henry the Octopus, and a brand new Wiggly friend, Shirley Shawn the Unicorn. Tickets start at $43.50. 6:30pm.
- Children’s Bingo Night at Levy Park | Wednesday, August 14 | No Cover – Bring the kiddos and join the Levy Park team at the Children’s Pavilion for Bingo. This activity is a fun way for kids to practice their letters and numbers while earning prizes and yelling “BINGO”. Levy Park provides the Bingo cards, markers, and prizes. Ideal for children ages 4 to 12. 4:30pm.
- Movies on the Lawn: Disney’s Zootopia Movie Screening | Thursday, August 15 | FREE – The Lawn at First Colony Mall presents a free movie screening of Disney’s Zootopia, where police officer Judy Hopps finds herself paired up with a con artist, Nick Wilde, in an effort to solve a crime that impacts all of the many diverse residents of the massive city. The movie is rated PG. 7pm.
- Sugar Land Skeeter’s Game at Constellation Field | Friday, August 16 to Sunday, August 18 – Get loud for the Sugar Land Skeeters as they battle the New Britain Bees at Constellation Field. Kid’s of all ages will enjoy America’s favorite past time as they watch the game, visit with the team Mascot Swatson, run around the playground, bounce in the bounce houses, and keep an eye out for a ball to coming their way. Tickets range from $8 to $45. Times vary.
- Princess Party at Children’s Museum Houston | Saturday, August 17 – Grab your ballgown and tiara and get ready for a day fun-fit for a princess. Dance and sing with your favorite princesses including, Belle, Ariel, Tiana, Jasmine, and Moana. Make your own crown and become a princess, too. Tickets for the party are included with general museum admission for $12. The event begins at 11am.
- Collaborative Weaving at CAMH | Saturday, August 17 – Join CAMH and weave fabric strips with other visitors as you explore the process and materials used by current exhibition artist Nari Ward. 1pm to 4pm.
- WWE Live Super Show at Toyota Center | Saturday, August 17 – The stars of World Wrestling Entertainment come together for a clash of top-rope action at the Toyota Center. Roman Reigns is slated to face Drew McIntyre, with Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler and more wrestlers who are scheduled to appear. Tickets start at $20. 7:30pm.
- Sugar Land Superstar Finale at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, August 17 | FREE – Sugar Land Town Square host the 14th annual vocal showdown, Sugar Land’s American Idol-like contest where the finalists belt out their strongest tunes. This performance is the finale and one lucky winner will be named the 2019 Sugar Land Superstar. Grab a bite at a local restaurant in the square and set up some chairs to watch the conclusion of the contest. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Sand Crab 5k / 10k Night Run on East Beach | Saturday, August 17 – Run the night away with the family under the stars on East Beach. This event is an evening run/walk, completely on sand. Both young beginner and advanced runners can enjoy events including, a 5K, 10K, and a Kid’s Mile run. The Kid’s Mile will start at 8pm. Parents are welcome to run with kids free of charge. The 5K/10K will start at 8:30pm. Tickets for the run are $20 for the Kid’s Mile, $40 to $65 for the 5K; $45 to $70 for the 10K. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).