Make the most of your week with our top 11 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, August 5 to Sunday, August 11, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in August 2019
Jam out when Bone Thugs-N-Harmony bring their tour to Houston, dress up like “The Dude” for a Big Lebowski celebration, catch the podcasters from Food 4 Thot perform live on stage, catch a sneak peak of the Texans’ upcoming football season and more.
Top 11 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Deli Month at Kenny & Ziggy’s New York Delicatessen Restaurant | Daily – Chow down on a three-course menu of items like spinach knish, matzo ball soup, and Hungarian goulash when both locations of Kenny & Ziggy’s participate in the nationwide fundraiser, Deli Month. Proceeds benefit the Holocaust Museum Houston. $38.
- Rent at Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Tuesday, August 6 to Sunday, August 11 – Celebrate the seasons of love when the Tony Award- and Pulitzer Prize-winning rock musical, Rent, comes to town at Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Clint Black and Trace Adkins in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, August 8 – Bust out your cowboy boots for a concert by two iconic country artists, Clint Black and Trace Adkins, presented at Smart Financial Centre. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Food 4 Thot Live at Warehouse Live | Thursday, August 8 – Join the crew of the roundtable discussion podcast, Food 4 Thot, for a discussion of sex, relationships, race, identity and more, as they take the stage at Warehouse Live. Tickets start at $22, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 10pm.
- Houston Shakespeare Festival at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, August 9 and Sunday, August 11 | FREE – Houston Shakespeare Festival returns to Miller Outdoor Theatre with a free performance of the beloved comedy, As You Like It. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Texans 2019 Training Camp at NRG Stadium | Saturday, August 10 – Catch a sneak peek of what’s to come in the Houston Texans’ 2019 to 2020 season as they take the field for training camp at NRG Stadium. Tickets for the first run are sold out, but you may find hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 9:10am.
- MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital’s 8th Annual Back-to-School Bash at The Galleria | Saturday, August 10 – Cool off from the summer heat with an educational puppet show and back-to-school fashion show at MD Anderson Cancer Hospital’s Back-to-School Bash in The Galleria. Benefitting the hospital, the fashion show will feature pediatric cancer patients, their siblings, and MD Anderson caregivers. Tickets start at $10. Noon.
- Inherently Eclectic Opening Reception at Archway Gallery | Saturday, August 10 | FREE – Archway Gallery in Montrose hosts a free opening reception for its newest exhibition, Inherently Eclectic, featuring recent paintings by Susan Spjut along with complimentary wine, light bites, and valet parking. 5pm to 8pm.
- Cody Johnson & Friends in Concert at Toyota Center | Saturday, August 10 – Welcome the return of Huntsville native Cody Johnson following his successful performance at the Houston Rodeo. With his new album’s debut at No. 1 on the Billboard chart for Top Country Albums, he’s now touring the country along with Gretchen Wilson, Cory Morrow, and Jesse Raub Jr. Tickets start at $32.48, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony in Concert at House of Blues | Saturday, August 10 – Get down to the Grammy Award-winning beats of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, the longstanding hip-hop group that consists of rappers Bizzy Bone, Wish Bone, Layzie Bone (who’s no longer with the group), Krayzie Bone, and Flesh-N-Bone. Tickets start at $30, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Second Sunday Revival: Lebowski Bash at Market Square Park | Sunday, August 11 | FREE – Pay homage to “The Dude” at Market Square Park’s Lebowski Bash, a special rendition of its Second Sunday Revival series themed for The Big Lebowski. This month’s event will feature trivia, a costume contest, a movie screening of the iconic film, and live music from Swimwear Department. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).