Get down to summer jams at these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, August 5 through Sunday, August 11, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in August 2019
This week, summer is in full swing and venues across town are offering up a sizzling slate of shows that promise to get you through the dog days.
Top 10 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- 311, Dirty Heads, The Interrupters, and more at White Oak Music Hall | Tuesday, August 6 – The final show of White Oak’s Summer Smokeout Series brings a co-headlining set from alt rock groups 311 and Dirty Heads. Tickets start at $49.50. 4:20pm.
- The Growlers at White Oak Music Hall | Thursday, August 8 – The SoCal rock band arrives in Houston to play the most popular tracks from their fifth studio album, City Club, and new songs from a forthcoming album. Tickets are $32.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Bronco at Arena Theatre | Thursday, August 8 – One of the best-selling Grupero bands of all time comes to Houston with a deep catalog of international hit songs. Tickets range from $36 to over $110, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Clint Black, with Trace Adkins, Terri Clark at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, August 8 – A country tour sure to get your boots tapping arrives in Sugar Land when stars of the ’80s and ’90s grace the stage. Tickets range from $25 to $125, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Moe, with Blues Traveler, G. Love at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, August 9 – Jam band Moe joins with the John Pepper-led Blues Traveler for the All Roads Runaround Tour. Tickets start at $55, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
- 3TEETH, with Author & Punisher at Scout Bar in Clear Lake | Friday, August 9 – The Los Angeles industrial metal group is fresh off releasing their third studio album, Metawar, and embarks on a national tour in support. Tickets are $14 in advance; $18 day of show. 7pm.
- Hickory Hill at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn | Saturday, August 10 – Celebrating forty years of musicmaking, Hickory Hill make their Dosey Doe debut in support of their eleventh studio album, Forty Years and Counting… Tickets range from $12 to $18. 6:30pm.
- Cody Johnson, with Jerry Jeff Walker, Cory Morrow, Jesse Raub Jr. at Toyota Center | Saturday, August 10 – Out of Huntsville, country superstar Cody Johnson returns to Houston for an arena show in support of his chart-topping country album, Ain’t Nothin’ To It. Tickets start at $43.30, but you may also find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7pm.
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony at House of Blues | Saturday, August 10 – Ten albums and nearly thirty years later, Bone Thugs continue to fill venues across the country with their timeless and influential rap style. Tickets start at $30. 9pm.
- Hibou, with Camera Cult, Astragal at White Oak Music Hall | Sunday, August 11 – The indie-pop band from Seattle has recently released their third studio album, Halve, and hit the road with Camera Cult and Astragal in support. Tickets are $10 in advance; $15 day of the show. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).