Bust a gut at these must-see live comedy events in Houston for August 2019.
Also in August 2019
Happening This Week
From up and coming comedians to familiar faces touring sold-out shows across the country, Houston plays host to a number of live comedy events throughout August.
Top 10 Live Comedy Events This Month: August 2019
- Daniel Sloss at House of Blues | Thursday, August 1 – The Scottish comedian has catapulted into international tours, multiple Netflix specials, and late-nite appearances after arriving on the comedy scene at the tender age of 19. For over ten years, he’s crafted unapologetic sets that ask us to examine our lives through the tears of laughter. Tickets start at $37.50. 8pm.
- Katy Evans at The Secret Group | Friday, August 2 – The Dallas-based comedienne delivers a down-to-Earth set that has helped land her gigs across the country, including the Dallas Comedy Festival and Gilda’s LaughFest in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Tickets are $5. 9pm.
- Doug Benson at The Secret Group | Wednesday, August 7 and Thursday, August 8 – From popular podcasts to television roles and highly-recommended films, Doug Benson has made his mark on pop culture. He arrives in Houston for a live comedy set on Wednesday, August 7, followed by a live taping of his podcast, “Doug Loves Movies” on Thursday, August 8. Tickets are $20 to $25 for each performance. Both events start at 7pm.
- Kountry Wayne at Houston Improv | Wednesday, August 7 and Thursday, August 8 – The viral sensation and father of nine arrives in Houston for a two-night engagement of side-splitting, high-energy, clean comedy. Tickets range from $30 to $45 for each event. Both events start at 8pm.
- Jasmine Ellis at The Secret Group | Saturday, August 10 – Austin-based Jasmine Ellis has graced the stage at several national festivals, including Moon Tower Comedy Festival, Out of Bounds Fest, and Blue Whale Comedy in Tulsa. Her energetic delivery and entertaining takes on pop culture landed her a spot in the PBS documentary series, Stand Up Empire, which profiled some of Austin’s top up-and-coming comedians. Tickets are $5. 8:30pm.
- Dan St. Germain at The Secret Group | Thursday, August 15 – The podcast host, writer, and comedian has earned spots on Conan and HBO’s Funny As Hell, developed his own Comedy Central special, and received critical acclaim for his 2018 release, No Real Winner Here. He performs at The Secret Group for a one-night engagement. Tickets range from $10 to $15. 7pm.
- D.L. Hughley at Houston Improv | Friday, August 16 to Sunday, August 18 – One of the original “Kings of Comedy”, D.L. Hughley has graced everything from airwaves and the silver screen to televisions and the pages of his authored books. Now, he’ll take the mic for a weekend at the Improv. Tickets range from $40 to $70, with VIP Meet and Greet opportunities available. Showtimes vary.
- Guy Torry at Houston Improv | Thursday, August 22 through Saturday, August 24 – From The Tonight Show to ESPN, Guy Torry delivers laugh-out-loud fun that traces its roots to comedy legends like Richard Pryor and Lenny Bruce. Tickets range from $20 to $30. Showtimes vary.
- Marc Maron at Wortham Theater Center | Saturday, August 24 – Right now, Marc Maron can be found across the pop culture spectrum, from the Netflix series GLOW to the upcoming film The Joker alongside Robert DeNiro and Joaquin Phoenix, or hosting iconic personalities on his hit podcast, WTF with Marc Maron. Somewhere in between, he’s found time to craft a stand-up set and deliver it in Downtown. Tickets start at $34. 7:30pm.
- Gary Meikle at The Secret Group | Sunday, August 25 – The Scottish comedian has managed to translate his viral rants and hefty social media following into a worldwide tour of material that picks from real-life to tell knee-slapping stories. Tickets range from $30 to $35. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).