Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Houston’s Energy Corridor plays home to the world’s largest energy companies, and while the business district may be all business by day, by night, the energy is fully fun. Pop into the area’s top watering holes to partake in some.
Note: For the purposes of this list, the Energy Corridor is defined by North/South Fry to the west, Kirkwood to the east, I-10/Park Row to the north, and Westheimer to the south.
The Best Bars in the Energy Corridor
- Lucky’s Pub West – This fan-favorite sports bar offers tons of flat screens for your sports viewing pleasure, plus midnight hours from Sunday to Tuesday and late-night 2am closings from Wednesday to Saturday. Lookout for fun specials like Taco and Pint Night on Tuesdays, Steak and Smitcher Night on Wednesdays, and Flashback Fridays, with flashback prices and drinks. Click here for directions.
- Christian’s Tailgate – Home to the giant 1-pound burger, this sports empire has cultivated a cult following. Hit the Energy Corridor outpost to sip craft brews, smash burgers and wings, watch games, and enjoy daily specials like Taco Tuesday and Friday as well as Saturday night karaoke. Click here for directions.
- Shakespeare Pub – You’ll find booze and blues every night at this neighborhood pub and live music spot. Music runs from 9:30pm to close, and in between grooving you can sip cheap beers, cocktails, and wines. $5 door cover on Friday and Saturday only. Click here for directions.
- NextDoor Bar & Lounge – Nextdoor to Hungry’s, this local favorite offers something for everyone. By night, you’ll find the lounge and patio come alive, with weekly specials including UnWINEd Wednesday, Don’t Mess With Texas Thursday and more. Late-night hours run ’til midnight on Wednesday and Thursday; Friday and Saturday until 1am; Monday and Sunday they close at 10pm; Tuesday at 11pm. Click here for directions.
- Ashford Pub – Check out this low-key pub for specials like Big Ass Beer Night (Tuesdays), Wednesday Steak Night, and find a solid lineup of local craft beers and well-appointed bar from whiskey, bourbon, and vodka to tequila, rum, and schnapps. Follow its Facebook for updates on live music and specials. Click here for directions.
- Watson’s House of Ales – Open daily til 2am, this local watering hole rocks taps, bottles, live music, and good times. Wash some wings and loaded nachos down with a craft beer, or try blends like the Black and Tan or Angry Snakebite, made with cider and cinnamon whiskey. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Sip and play a few rounds at TopGolf; wind down with some wine at Rouge Wine Bar; and grab cheap suds at hangouts like Big John’s Ice House, The Bull & Bear, The King’s Head Pub, Cheers 2U Bar and Grill, and Three Sheets Bar & Grill.