Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, July 29 to Sunday, August 4, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in August 2019
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Mechanic Monday at Lone Star Flight Museum | Monday, July 29 – Learn the nuts and bolts of airplane maintenance from the airplane mechanics and crew chief experts at Lone Star Flight Museum. You can watch live demonstrations as well as taking your own turn or two. Other activities include Sheet Metal Riveting Demonstration, Aircraft Jack, Impact Gun, Blow Gun and more. Tickets for the experience are included with paid admission to the museum. $14.95 for adults; $12.95 for youth ages 12 to 17 & seniors ages 65 and up; $9.95 for children ages 4 to 11. 9am to 5pm.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Lancaster Barnstormers at Constellation Field | Monday, July 29 to Sunday, August 4 – Get loud for the Sugar Land Skeeters as they play against the Lancaster Barnstormers at Constellation Field. Kids will enjoy the up close and personal baseball experience as well as the Skeeter’s lovable mascot, Swatson. Tickets range from $8 to $45. Times vary.
- Mommy Wednesday at Moody Gardens | Wednesday, July 30 – Discover the amazing world of Moody Gardens with your toddler at a discounted price. Moms or dads with toddlers will enjoy the depth of the Aquarium Pyramid, searching for sloths in the Rainforest Pyramid, a 3D & 4D movie and more. Don’t forget to take a ride on the Colonel Paddlewheel boat and then enjoy the Discovery Museum to name just a few. Enjoy half-priced exhibits for ages 4 and 5; children 3 and under are free. 10am.
- Kickin’ It Country Concert Series at Kemah Boardwalk | Wednesday, July 30 | FREE – Kemah Boardwalk hosts their Kickin’ It Country Concert Series featuring live music from a local or regional country act this Wednesday evening. Country duo Maddie & Tae will grace this stage this week. And be sure to check out what else the Kemah Boardwalk has as far as food and entertainment before settling in for the show. 8:30pm.
- Movies on the Lawn: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Movie Screening at First Colony Mall | Thursday, August 1 | FREE – The Lawn at First Colony Mall presents a free movie screening of the 2016 film Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, which brings Harry Potter’s Wizarding World to 1926 New York City. This movie is rated PG-13. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Jurassic Quest at NRG Park | Friday, August 2 to Sunday, August 4 – Go back in time 60 million years and see more than 80 living, walking, true-to-life size animatronic dinosaurs at Jurassic Quest. This family-friendly event will give your young paleontologist a chance to see, touch, ride, and interact with their favorite dinosaurs. Tickets start at $22, with a kids VIP option for $36; ages 65 and up are $20; ages 1 and under are free; active duty military and first responders, along with their families, get $2 off per ticket with valid ID. Times vary.
- Inspiration Stage presents Mamma Mia at Sugar Land Auditorium | Friday, August 2 to Sunday, August 4 – Dance the night away with Mamma Mia and some of Abba’s best hits at the Sugar Land Auditorium. This sunny and funny tale tells the hilarious story of a young woman’s search for her birth father, and unfolds on a Greek island paradise. Your older children will love the music and fun that follows. Tickets range from $16 to $35. Showtimes vary.
- Tomball Night Parade of Lights in Downtown Tomball | Friday, August 2 | FREE – Marvel at a parade of illuminated cars, trucks, and other vehicles as they cruise down the streets of Tomball during the annual Parade of Lights celebration. Stick around after the parade for a festive firework show. The Parade of Lights will run east on Main St. (FM 2920) from Vernon Boulevard to the railroad tracks. 9:15pm.
- Back to School Splash Bash at Sugar Land town Square | Saturday, August 3 | No Cover – Slip and slide your way into the beginning of the school year with a party to get you pumped. Sugar Land Town Square hosts a family-friendly Back to School Splash Bash, featuring free waterslides, DJ music, a hula hoop contest, a toddler town for ages 5 and under, and other fun summer activities. The event is free to attend, but visitors are encouraged to bring backpack and school supplies donations benefiting Fort Bend Rainbow Room. 11am to 3pm.
- Movie Nite on The Strand: Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet Movie Screening at Saengerfest Park | Saturday, August 3 | FREE – Cozy up in the Strand District for a free screening of Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet at Saengerfest Park in Galveston. Ralph and fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz must risk it all by traveling to the World Wide Web in search of a replacement part to save Vanellope’s video game, “Sugar Rush.” Bring chairs, blankets, and pillows to take in the free family-friendly movie under the stars. 7:30pm to 10pm.
- Root Beer Float Day at Saint Arnold Brewery | Sunday, August 4 | No Cover – Beat the heat with a refreshing beverage at Saint Arnold’s Root Beer Float Day celebration. Kid-friendly versions will be available as well as the adult-friendly ones. Families can make it a family Funday Sunday and take it away in a souvenir cup. 11am to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).