Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, July 31 to Sunday, August 4, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in August 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Rosé Patio Party & Tasting at B&B Butchers & Restaurant – Join B&B Butchers & Restaurant on the rooftop patio for an evening of hors d’oeuvres and rosé tastings featuring various distributors and more than 40 selections of still and sparkling rosés. Tickets are $35 per person. 6pm to 8pm.
- $uicideboy$ in Concert at Revention Music Center – The hip-hop duo from New Orleans made up of $lick and Ruby Da Cherry, $uicideboy$, perform live at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $50. Doors at 6:30pm; show at 7:30pm.
- Blink 182 and Lil Wayne in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Pop-punk pioneers, Blink 182, team up with one of the biggest names in rap, Lil Wayne, for a must-see concert in The Woodlands. Neck Deep opens the show. Tickets range from $37.50 to $127.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Armadillo Live Summer Series at Goode Company Armadillo Palace | No Cover – Have a night filled with live music from acts like Cody Forrest Music, Charlie and The Regrets and more at Goode Company Armadillo Palace. 7pm to 10pm.
- The Suffers in Concert at The Secret Group – The Gulf Coast soul band, The Suffers, perform an intimate concert at The Secret Group. Tickets are $20 in advance. 8pm.
Thursday, August 1, 2019
- DIY Art Car Paint Night at Axelrad | No Cover – Let your creative juices flow when Saint Arnold Brewery hosts a DIY Art Car Paint Night at Axelrad—one of three related pop-up events happening around town. As the name suggests, Saint Arnold will provide a white car that participants can paint in any way they choose, though preferably with an Art Car IPA in hand. 6pm.
- Comedian Jimmy O. Yang at Houston Improv – Crack up when the actor, writer, and stand-up comedian, Jimmy O. Yang, takes the stage at Houston Improv. Tickets range from $25 to $45. 6:30pm.
- Alice Cooper in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The Rock n’ Roll Hall of Famer Alice Cooper returns to the road with Halestorm for a twenty-date tour that swings through Houston to kick off August. Tickets range from $29.50 to $350, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Gilmore Girls Trivia at Eureka Heights Brew Co | No Cover – Take a trip to Stars Hollow and test your knowledge of the fast-talking and witty, Gilmore Girls, at Eureka Heights Brew Co. 7pm to 9pm.
- Summer Music Series at Mongoose Versus Cobra | No Cover – The local duo, Omar & Bradley, performs the first of the 8-week Summer Music Series at Moongoose Versus Cobra in Midtown. 7pm to 8pm.
- Comedian Daniel Sloss at House of Blues – Laugh it up when the Scottish comedian, actor, and writer, Daniel Sloss performs at House of Blues in Downtown. Now age 28, Sloss is notable for having become established as a professional live and television performer whilst still in his teens. Tickets start at $37.50. 8pm.
- Stranger Things Trivia at Penny Whistle Pub – Make your way over to the upside down for an evening of Stranger Things Trivia at Penny Whistler Pub. Tickets are $5. 8pm to 10pm.
Friday, August 2, 2019
- The Strokes Open Mic Night at Wonky Power Live | No Cover – Perform your favorite Strokes songs by yourself or with a band at this open mic night at Wonky Power Live. 6pm.
- Carly Rae Jepsen in Concert at House of Blues – The “Call Me Maybe” pop singer, Carly Rae Jepsen, hits the stage at House of Blues for “The Dedicated Tour.” Tickets start at $36. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- MFAH Mixed Media at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – Celebrate all things Houston when The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston present their latest edition of Mixed Media featuring a special appearance by Houston rapper Bun B with Doc Loc and the Swangers along with DJ Sun and Kay Illah. Tickets are $25 for non-members; $22 for members. 8pm.
- Brian McKnight in Concert at Arena Theatre – The Grammy-nominated R&B singer, Brian McKnight, has thirteen studio albums under his belt, including the 2017 release, Genesis. Watch him live at Arena Theatre. Tickets range from $59 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Paul Oakenfold at Clé Houston – The legendary, Grammy-winning English producer, Paul Oakenfold, makes a Midtown stop at Clé Houston for a performance with fans dressed to impress. Tickets are $15. 10pm.
- ComedySportz presents Improv! The Musical at CSz Arena – In Improv! The Musical, members of ComedySportz Houston take the stage and come up with the storyline, soundtrack, and choreography of a musical right before your eyes. The audience supplies them with a topic, and they take it from there at this monthly first Friday improv performance. Tickets are $16, but limited discounted $10 tickets are usually available. 10:30pm.
Saturday, August 3, 2019
- 13th Annual White Linen Night in The Heights on 19th Street | No Cover – Don your crispest, lightest, and whitest apparel and take a stroll down 19th Street at the official and original White Linen Night in The Heights. White Linen Nights in The Heights takes over the 200 and 300 blocks of 19th Street. The street will be packed with art displays (thanks to the First Saturday Arts Market which always coincides with the annual event), live music, shopping specials, party atmosphere, and some of Houston’s best summer people watching. 6pm to 10pm.
- MC Hammer, Sir Mix-a-Lot, Doug E. Fresh, Kid n Play, Tone Loc, and Rob Base in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Hammer’s House Party brings in some of the most recognizable names in hip-hop from the ’80s and ’90s for a star-studded performance at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Tickets range from $29.50 to $94.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- Summer Smokeout: Sublime with Rome in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Jam out to the music of Sublime when the band performs with frontman Rome in support of their new album, Blessings. They’re joined by openers Michael Franti and Spearhead. Tickets are $42 in advance. Purchase tickets to 2 of the Summer Smokeout Concert Series concerts and save $15; save $30 when you buy tickets to all 3 concerts. 6pm.
- White Linen Disco at The Heights Theater | No Cover – Get out of the heat as the Heights Theater hosts a White Linen Disco night featuring music from John Egan and Wrestlers. 6pm to 10pm.
- OZZ: A Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne at House of Blues – Rock out and see OZZ: A Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne along with Mindcrime: Tribute to Queensryche and Hardwired To Kill ‘Em All: Tribute to Metallica at House of Blues. Tickets start at $15, but you can get two free tickets if you RSVP before Friday, August 2. 7pm.
- MyOhMy The Show at Warehouse Live – Bemer Productions brings its entertaining touring Texas drag showcase, MyOhMy The Show, back to Warehouse Live in EaDo. No two performances are ever the same, but you can always expect plenty of sass and class from these divas, who bring big stars like Mariah Carey, Donna Summer, Beyonce, Tina Turner, and Whitney Houston to fabulous life. Tickets for general admission start at $20, with reserved seating at $30; VIP tickets at $40, but you may find limited discounted tickets starting at $15. 7:30pm.
- Juan Gabriel Tribute Night at Axelrad | No Cover – The Axelrad Concert Series presents a special tribute to the Mexican singer and composer, Juan Gabriel and his musical legacy. The night will include DJ sets by Jose Luna, Gracie Chavez, and DJ Seys along with a special mariachi performance by Andrea Daniela. 8pm.
Sunday, August 4, 2019
- Root Beer Float Day at Saint Arnold Brewery | No Cover – Beat the heat with a refreshing beverage at Saint Arnold’s Root Beer Float Day celebration. They’ll serve up classic root beer floats, as well as adults-only variations, all paired with vanilla ice cream and served in a souvenir cup. 11am to 4pm.
- Robbie Rivera at Clé Houston –The house and dance music DJ and producer, Robbie Rivera, spins at the Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $15. 2pm to 8pm.
- Summer Supper Pop-Up Dinner at Riel – Nett Lifestyle and Candlelighters of Houston continues its three-part supper series benefitting the research at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. At this second dinner, guests will enjoy regional cuisine prepared by chef Ryan Lachaine, cocktail pairings, a live DJ set by DJ Dayta, a silent art auction, and merchandise from local vendors. Tickets are $150 per person for each dinner and 40 seats are available. 4pm to 7:30pm.
- Beast Coast in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Hit up White Oak Music Hall for an epic concert by Beast Coast, a Brooklyn-based supergroup made up of several big names in hip hop, including Joey Bada$$, Kirk Flight, and Flatbush Zombies. Tickets start at $17, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).