In our Where to Brunch series, we search Greater Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods and communities for the very best brunch offerings.
Just 28 miles north of Downtown, The Woodlands were originally planned as a suburban development for commuters working in the big city. But with the introduction of major corporations, parks and town centers, and plenty of dining and retail shopping, it is quickly becoming a star in its own right…a star that shines quite brightly during weekend brunch.
Where to Brunch in The Woodlands
- Broken Barrel – Chef Hilda Ysusi focuses on shareable plates with global influences at this chic restaurant and bar. Come for duck quesadilla, breakfast flatbreads, huevos rotos, PEI mussels, and brioche French toast, and quench your thirst with red sangria and mimosas by the pitcher. Saturday and Sunday 11am to 3pm. Click here for directions.
- Fielding’s Local Kitchen + Bar – Did you know Bloody Mary flights were a thing? Now you do. Get one and sip the classic morning cocktail in flavors like whiskey and bacon, sriracha smoker, and pickled Bloody Maria. Once you’re properly quenched, dive into everything from fried chicken and waffles to smoked salmon croissant benedict. Just save room for a brunch dessert, because that’s also a thing, here. Saturday 11am to 3pm; Sunday 10am to 3pm. Click here for directions. And be sure to check out Fielding’s Wood Grill for more brunch fun (including churros with milk jam glaze, breakfast arepas, and Texas hash).
- Jasper’s – Feast on from-scratch plates in an elegant, welcoming setting at this local favorite. Start with Maytag blue cheese-loaded potato chips, an appetizer worth licking your fingers for; then dig into grandma-style fried chicken & waffles with bourbon maple syrup, a white truffle and aged gouda omelette, and backyard breakfast burger topped with a fried egg. Sunday 11am to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- The Kitchen – This Hubbell & Hudson offshoot offers all kinds of deliciousness during weekend brunch (and weekday breakfast). Load up on tasty plates like Lobster Stuffed Avocado Benedict, Breakfast Migas, Croissant “Biscuits & Gravy,” and Pecan Pie Pancakes. Saturday and Sunday 7am to 3pm. Click here for directions.
- Peli Peli – The South African kitchen’s latest outpost is set for to open in The Woodlands Mall in Summer 2019. Starting in August, the restaurant will be serving the HRW brunch menu, with the full menu expected to roll out in September. Follow along on Facebook and get ready for eats from Espetada and Seafood Cake Benedicts to Sticky Toffee Pancakes and Schnitzel & South African Deep-Fried Waffles. Saturday and Sunday 11am to 4pm. Click here for directions.
- Snooze: an AM Eatery – It’s all about pancake flights and hollandaise-smothered everything at this Denver import, which has quickly earned Houston’s respect. Head here for bennys made with everything from lox and latkes to green chile and pulled pork, and get your pancake fix in flavors like pineapple upside cake, sweet potato, and blueberry danish. Daily 6:30am to 2:30pm. Click here for directions.
- True Food Kitchen – Head to True Food Kitchen for a wholesome weekend brunch, featuring eye-opening juices and smoothies and doc-approved plates like smashed avocado toast with organic sunny side up eggs, quinoa blueberry pancakes, ancient grain bowls, and chicken sausage and smoked gouda pizzas. Saturday and Sunday 10am to 3pm. Click here for directions.
More Great Brunch Options in The Woodlands
Get a taste of France at Sweet Paris Crêperie & Café; head to Levure Bakery & Patisserie for freshly baked viennoiserie and early-morning quiche and pain perdu; go for 24-hour breakfast at Katz’s Deli; try an Italian-style breakfast daily (until 10:30am) at the new Radunare Italian American Table; dig into all-natural chicken and waffles, breakfast tacos, and green eggs omelets at bellagreen; and fill up on omelets and pancake stacks at Black Walnut Cafe, First Watch, and The Toasted Yolk Cafe; beer gurus should check out Local Pour; while wine lovers should check out Cru’s “Swirl Sunday” and Sunday brunch.