Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Just 50 or so miles from Downtown, this 21-mile and 20,000-acre lake lies on the West Fork of the San Jacinto River in Montgomery and Walker Counties. With picturesque shores and wooded areas including a portion of the Sam Houston National Forest, the Lake Conroe area is an outdoor enthusiasts dream. It’s also a choice spot to unwind with a drink.
Note: For the purposes of this list, the area around Lake Conroe includes the cities of Conroe, Montgomery, and Willis, plus the Montgomery County portion of the Sam Houston National Forest.
The Best Bars Near Lake Conroe
- Papa’s on the Lake – Whether you come by land or by sea, you’re bound to have a good time at this Lake Conroe favorite. The friendly watering hole and grill rocks live music, beach volleyball, pool and foosball tables, a swimming pool for those 21-and-up, and specials like Tuesday Steak Night and NFL Sunday Ticket. Click here for directions.
- The Red Brick Tavern – Nestled in Conroe’s historic Downtown, this tavern rocks live music, great eats, and good times. The hotspot is open ‘til midnight on Thursday through Saturday (with 10pm hours on other weekdays and 9pm hours on Sunday). Stop in to sip from a dozen craft taps and choice cocktails alongside woodfired pizzas, tavern burgers and more, and lookout for a lineup of live music. Click here for directions.
- Pelican’s Cove Restaurant & Bar – Catch views of Lake Conroe with a martini in hand, jam to live music, dig into blackened redish and fish tacos, and hit the hookah lounge at this waterside restaurant and bar. Click here for directions.
- The Corner Pub – You can support local music and rock out to live blues, acoustic, and jazz at this local gem, located on the corner in the heart of Downtown Conroe. The friendly haunt is open ‘til 2am Monday-Saturday. Click here for directions.
- Boogies Bar & Grill – This neighborhood dive offers karaoke night every Friday and DJs every Sunday night, plus weeknight fun like dart and shuffleboard tourneys, steak night, and a lineup of live music. Click here for directions.
- Naked Turtle Tavern – Fireball Friday, Firecracker Bingo, and Karaoke & Dancing nights are all a part of the fun at this Montgomery tavern, where the beers are cold and the action is hot. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options near Lake Conroe
Catch live music and hit the deck at The Edge Lakeside Restaurant & Bar or check out live bands at Pacific Yard House and Malone’s Last Stop in Downtown Conroe; get ‘ritas and fajitas at Fajita Jacks Mexican Grill & Cantina; catch the games at Wolfies Restaurant & Sports Bar, Randy’s Sports Bar & Grill, and 242 Pub & Grill; shoot pool and get a dive feel at Shanahan’s Bar and Grill and The Cactus Lounge; sip wines at Cozy Grape Wine Bar & Bistro and Blue Epiphany Vineyards; and get your brew on at B-52 Brewing Co. and Southern Star Brewing Company.