Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, July 22 to Sunday, July 28, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in July 2019
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid | Monday, July 22 to Wednesday, July 24 – Cheer on the ‘Stros as they play against the Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon, the Astros are hosting Apollo 11 Night on Monday, July 22, featuring a replica statue honoring Neil Armstrong, a ceremonial first pitch from Armstrong’s son, Rick, special NASA exhibits, and an Orbit “Moon Landing” Bobblehead and more. On Wednesday, July 24, they will be screening Field of Dreams after the game. Tickets start at $10. Times vary.
- Apollo 11 Mission Splashdown Party at Space Center Houston | Wednesday, July 24 – Travel back to the 1960’s for a themed celebration of the Apollo 11 landing on the moon. The evening celebration will feature live music and activities as attendees are surrounded by their extensive collection of Apollo-era artifacts, exhibits, and activities. The Fab 5, a Beatles tribute band, will recreate the spirit and enthusiasm of the ’60s and ’70s. Included in the price of general admission. 6pm to 10pm.
- Trolls Movie Screening at Levy Park | Friday, July 26 | FREE – Hair up and treat your family to the bright and colorful feature of Trolls at Levy Park. Follow Princess Poppy and the less colorful Branch on a trip to Bergentown to find their missing friends. 8pm.
- Evening Chill at The Houston Zoo | Friday, July 26 and Saturday, July 27 – Come out and enjoy this special Evening Chill event at the Houston Zoo that highlights African Forests gorillas and chimpanzees. Zoo hours are extended on these nights with a cool Chill Zone. Guests can enjoy added family activities including magic color scratch safari ornaments, take action activity, a children’s DJ, lawn games and more. Entrance is included with general zoo admission. 5pm to 8pm.
- Fireworks Friday at Kemah Boardwalk | Friday, July 26 | No Cover – Take in a free fireworks show at Kemah Boardwalk on Friday night. Enjoy a nice dinner or any of the many other activities on the Boardwalk prior to the show. This Friday the fireworks will be accompanied by a soundtrack of popular rock and roll songs. 9:30pm.
- Fit Foodie Family 5K & Kids’ K at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, July 27 – Embrace healthy living with a family-friendly 5K race and Kids’ K in Sugar Land Town Square. Celebrate crossing the finish line with a post-race party offering swag bags, raffle prizes, T-shirts, kids activities, live entertainment, and nutritious eats. Registration for adults costs $35; kids registration costs $10. 6am.
- Sandcastle Building Demonstration & Lessons at Galveston’s Stewart Beach | FREE – Watch and learn as professional sandcastle builders walk you through the process of forming your own masterful creation at Galveston’s Stewart Beach. The demonstration and lessons are free. If you drive to Stewart Beach, there is a $10 parking fee per vehicle until noon; $12 from noon on. 8am to 3pm.
- Heart Tile Workshop at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, July 27 – Share a creative experience with your child at the Heart Tile Workshop at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Children can create and personalize mosaic heart tiles that will be featured in a permanent display at the museum. Children will also create a small heart to take home. Registration and a payment of $45 are required. Sessions are offered at 10am, 11am, noon, and 1pm.
- Bouncing Ben at Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center | Saturday, July 27 – Take in the one-of-a-kind antics, awe-inspiring acrobatic stunts, and juggling tricks presented by kid-favorite Bouncing Ben. Included with museum admission. 1pm to 3pm.
- Anomaly: The Magic of Robby Bennett & Other Curiosities at The Grand 1894 Opera House | Saturday, July 27 – As seen on Good Morning America, ESPN SportsCenter, and Inside Edition, Robby Bennett presents a spectacle that combines magic, acrobatics, and comedy to alter your perception of time and shatter your sense of what’s possible. Tickets range from $15 to $90. 7:30pm.
- Houston Repticon at Pasadena Convention Center and Fairgrounds | Saturday, July 27 and Sunday, July 28 – Let your reptile lovers roam freely amongst their favorite critters at Houston Repticon. The 2-day show features a great selection of reptiles, amphibians, and pet products from across the South, as well as the seminars and activities. Tickets are $12 for adults, $5 for ages 5 to 12, ages 4 and under are free. Times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).