Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
A little over 20 miles north of Downtown, Spring mixes old town charm with a suburban feel, boasting quaint streets and shops, pick-your-own farms and fun attractions, tasty restaurants, and plenty of fun bars for a night on the town.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Spring is defined as the area covered in this map, plus those surrounding neighborhoods that share the Spring address.
The Best Bars in Spring
- Franklin’s Tower – This underrated dive bar just may be your new favorite watering hole. Make friends with locals and enjoy a burgeoning live music and art scene, food trucks, and weekday specials from Steak Night and Karaoke to Free Pool and Trivia. Click here for directions.
- Prohibition Texas – Masterful mixology blends top notch wines, spirits, pub-style eats, and cigars at this Prohibition era spot in historic Old Town Spring. Sip drinks like the Peach Whiskey Smash, hit with Buffalo Trace Bourbon and peach liqueur, lemon juice, and mint; or the Mitsubachi, with Roku Gin, Japanese honey and thyme syrup, and honeysuckle tincture. The bar is open ‘til midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. Click here for directions.
- Hop Scholar Ale House – With 47 rotating taps including two cask selections, this ale house is the perfect pit stop for tap hunters and craft beer nerds. Stop by to sip from the rotating list, and look out for events like trivia, tap takeovers, bingo and more. Click here for directions.
- Jailhouse Saloon – Set in a small abandoned jail in Old Town Spring, this motorcycle-friendly neighborhood saloon rocks cold beers, live music, and a bring-your-own-liquor setup. Click here for directions.
- Bareback Bar & Icehouse – This longtime neighborhood favorite offers tasty food and drink, live music, dancing, sports watching, karaoke, bar games, and fun-loving community feel. Look out for fun events and specials on Facebook. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Get hippie-fied at The Farm Drinkery; sip pints and Irish whiskies alongside live music at The Wet Leprechaun Tavern; stop by Exit 73 Bar & Grill or Eden’s Landing for good times and a low-key vibe; catch the game at The Flying Pug, The Twisted Monkey, or Stadium Bar & Grill; pair live music with craft beers at That One Bar; “laissez les bon temps roulez!” at Razzoo’s Cajun Café; and go untapped at Tapped DraftHouse & Kitchen.