Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, July 17 to Sunday, July 21, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in July 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Southern Maryland Blue Crabs at Constellation Field | Friday to Sunday – Cheer on the Sugar Land Skeeters as they face off against the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs at Constellation Field. Tickets range from $8 to $45. Times vary each day.
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- Yappy Hour at Midtown Park | No Cover – Enjoy a free, pet-friendly happy hour in Reliant Dog Park inside Midtown Park. This doggie play date features treats from Urban Tails, giveaways, contests, and prizes. 5:30pm to 7pm.
- Pups and Pints at Cottonwood Houston – Hangout with some pups and the American Kennel Club and enjoy some delicious brews at Cottonwood Houston. Proceeds from the event will benefit the AKC Reunite Canine Support & Relief Fund. Tickets are $20. 6pm to 9pm.
- Booze n’ Blooms: DIY Floral Crowns at Decatur Bar & Pop-Up Factory – In this class, you will learn how to make your own Frida Kahlo-inspired floral crown from fresh flowers at Decatur Bar & Pop-Up Factory. Afterward, you can snap a pic on your new crown in front of a Frida-themed backdrop. Tickets are $35. 6pm to 7pm.
- Walter Trout in Concert at The Heights Theater – Catch a set from the blues guitarist and singer-songwriter, Walter Trout at The Heights Theater. Sparky Parker Band opens the show. Tickets start at $22. 7pm.
- Outer Spaces in Concert at Dan Electros – The Baltimore-based indie-pop band, Outer Spaces, performs live at Dan Electros with support from Radiator Hospital, Velveteen Echo, and Birthday Club. This show is ages 21 and up. Cover charge is $8. 8pm.
- Kickin’ It Country Concert Series at Kemah Boardwalk | No Cover – Kemah Boardwalk hosts their Kickin’ It Country Concert Series featuring live music from a local or regional country act every Wednesday evening. This week’s performance will be from Tucker Beathard. 8:30pm.
Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Cultured Cocktails with Group Acorde at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Mix and mingle with Fresh Arts and Group Acorde, a local dance collective, during the Cultured Cocktails Happy Hour at Bar Boheme. 10% of the proceeds will go to Group Acorde. 5pm to 8pm.
- Blanket Bingo at Market Square Park – Bring your blanket, lawn chairs or snag one of the tables at the park for a night of music, great prizes, and of course, bingo. $10 admission includes one bingo packet (approx 9 games). Additional games and daubers can be purchased for $1 each. 6pm.
- Silent Disco at Houston Zoo – Head to the Houston Zoo for a Silent Disco dance party where guests wear provided headphones with three different channels of music and you can pick your favorite genre and dance to the rhythm. This evening will also include up-close animal experiences, lawn games and more. Tickets are $35. 6pm to 10pm.
- Succulent Potting Party at Heights Bier Garten – Get your creative juices flowing by making your own potted succulent and sip on a craft beer or wine at Heights Bier Garten. Tickets are $38. 6pm to 8:30pm.
- Viva El Tequila Festival at Cadillac Bar Houston – Tequila lovers unite for Cadillac Bar’s 4th Annual Viva El Tequila Festival. Enjoy an evening of tequila sampling, DJs, beer, signature cocktails, and tasty tacos. Tickets range from $40 to $60. 7pm to 10pm.
- Khalid’s “Free Spirit World Tour” at Toyota Center – The 21-year old American singer, songwriter, rapper, and dancer Khalid brings his “Free Spirit World Tour” to Downtown. Clairo opens. Tickets start at $49.50, before ticketing fees, but you may also find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7:30pm.
- Selena Tribute Show at Sambuca Houston – Celebrate the songs of Selena Quintanilla with live music from Cristina Amaro and the Selena Tribute Band at Sambuca Houston. 7:30pm.
- 21st Anniversary at Spotlight Karaoke – Spotlight Karaoke celebrates 21 years with specials on bottle service, food from Sushi Gee, commemorative t-shirts, and of course, karaoke. You must RSVP for this event. 8pm.
Friday, July 19, 2019
- Mixers & Elixirs at the Houston Museum of Natural Science – Party with the dinosaurs as the Houston Museum of Natural Science opens up its doors for an evening fête. July’s Mixers & Elixirs event is themed “From Houston to the Moon”, with The Space Rockers and DJ Dame Hype hyping up the dancefloor and food trucks including Dipped Dessert, Moon Rooster, Satellite Pizza, Foreign Policy, and Luv Me Tenders bringing the eats. Tickets are $25 for non-members; $15 for members. 7pm to 10pm.
- Alejandro Escovedo in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – The Mexican-American songwriter blends genres of rock, country, and even punk into a performance that highlights personal struggles and the need for belonging based on his most recent release, The Crossing. Tickets start at $40. He’ll play two intimate acoustic performances at the Mucky Duck in Montrose at 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Sugar Land Sing-A-Long Karaoke at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Sugar Land Town Square hosts an evening of karaoke in the plaza. Grab your singin’ family and friends for a fun and interactive evening. Jupiter Pizza will be on hand serving beer and wine for $5 each. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Silent Disco at The Westin at The Woodlands – Put on your headphones and pick between different live DJs for the Silent Disco on the pool deck at The Westin at The Woodlands. Tickets start at $20. 8pm.
- Ladies of the ’80s at Etro Lounge – Dance to hits by Madonna, Annie Lennox, Whitney Houston and more when DJ Rice Cube plays songs from the Ladies of the ’80s at Etro Lounge. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Golf Clap at Clé Houston – Experience a high energy DJ set from the duo, Golf Clap poolside at the Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
- The Fetish Late Show at Prohibition Theatre – The Fetish Late Show is back at Prohibition with themed burlesque produced by The Moonlight Dolls. The exclusive, one-of-a-kind late-night show features The Moonlight Dolls and their most risque, daring, and sexiest acts. Themed attire is encouraged, but nudity is not permitted. Tickets are $20, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Saturday, July 20, 2019
- Apollo Day at George Observatory – George Observatory celebrates the past, present, and future of moon landings, with a program of speakers and stellar activities. Discovery Dome shows will focus on the moon. Since the moon will rise too late for viewing, telescopes will show planets and deep space objects. Tickets are $10; $9 for age ages 11 and under, active military, teachers, and 65 and over; $7 for members. 10am to 11pm.
- Tree House Happy Hour at The Grove | No Cover – Enjoy happy hour overlooking the beautiful Discovery Green at The Grove’s Tree House Happy Hour series. Guests can expect drink specials and bar bites on the upstairs, including $3 beers, $6 cocktails, $5 house rosé, and noshes like shrimp corn dogs ($6), bell pepper hummus ($8), and truffle fries ($5 to $10). 4pm to 7pm.
- 2019 Trap Wine Fest at Jones Plaza – The 2nd Annual Trap Wine Fest will feature plenty of live music, DJs, vendors, games, drinks and more at Jones Plaza. Tickets start at $15. 4pm to 9pm.
- A Giant Leap: 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing at Discovery Green | FREE – Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the epic Apollo 11 mission to the moon with A Giant Leap, a family-friendly event, at Discovery Green. Featured will be a paratrooper landing by the US Army Golden Knights, exhibitions from the Johnson Space Center, Lone Star Flight Museum, commentary by Douglas Brinkley, author of American Moonshot, and a screening of Apollo 11. 6pm to 10pm.
- Galactic Remix: A KPOP Dance Off at Viet Nom Noms – Cosmic Creature Chocolate Company and Viet Nom Noms present Galactic Remix, a K-pop dance competition in Houston. Teams of dancers have signed up and are ready to bring down the house, while a DJ spins Korean pop music, competing for the title of “Best K-pop dance team in Houston.” Tickets are $10. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Apollo 50 ft. Mothership: Tribute to Led Zeppelin & Eclipse: Tribute to Journey – Rock out to the music of Led Zeppelin and Journey on the 50th anniversary of the moon landing with tribute acts, Mothership and Eclipse at House of Blues. Tickets start at $15. 7pm.
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears in Concert at The Heights Theater – Black Joe Lewis, an American blues, funk and soul artist, will perform live at The Heights Theater with his band the Honeybears. Walker Lukens opens the show. Tickets range from $20 to $36. 7pm.
- 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing Celebration at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – This event includes a special pre-recorded video message from the International Space Station and a short documentary recounting the historic moon landing and Houston’s role in the historic event. Activities also include a screening of the classic movie E.T., face painting, balloon artists, a moonwalk, and the opportunity to take a peek into space with volunteers from The George Observatory & more. 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Alicia Villarreal in Concert at Arena Theatre – The legendary singer from Monterrey, Mexico, Alicia Villareal performs live at Arena Theatre. Tickets start at $35. 8:30pm.
- Jared & The Mill in Concert at The Rustic – Catch a live show from the Arizona country 5-piece band, Jared & The Mill at The Rustic. This event is free with RSVP. 9:30pm.
- DJ Toy Armada at Rich’s Houston – International DJ, producer, and remixer, Toy Armada plays hits by Kylie Minogue, Cher, Taylor Swift and more at the LGBTQ nightclub, Rich’s Houston. Tickets are $12 for presale; $15 at the door. 10pm.
- Decadence: Late Night Gatsby Party at Prohibition Theatre – Inspired by the art deco hotels and grand cafes of the 1920s, Prohibition Supperclub and Bar steps back in time to when the parties were grander and life was a cabaret. This summer, it is throwing Decadence, a weekly Saturday night party inspired by The Great Gatsby. Tickets are $20, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for most parties. 11:30pm.
Sunday, July 21, 2019
- Sunday Funday Sessions at The Flat | No Cover – The Flat hosts their Sunday Sessions with sounds by DJ SMNS and an all-day happy hour that features $4 Frozé’s (frozen rosé). 5pm.
- Part Time in Concert at Satellite Bar – The California-based indie pop band, Part Time, performs live with support from experimental musician Gary Wilson, at Satellite Bar. Tickets are $13. 7pm.
- The Try Guys at Revention Music Center – The Try Guys present their first nationwide tour, “Legends Of The Internet”, an evening of comedy and spectacle at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $36. Doors at 7:30pm.
- Rooftop Cinema Club: Selena Movie Screening at BLVD Place Houston – Watch a rooftop outdoor screening of the ’90s movie about the “Queen of Tejano”, Selena at BLVD Place Houston. Tickets start at $17. 8:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).