Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, July 8 to Sunday, July 14, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in July 2019
Compare a flight of sour beers from both Texas and Belgium; root for the home team in a baseball game against the Milwaukee Brewers; chow down on unlimited samples of Tex-Mex barbecue; experience a taste of Nigerian culture during the annual IgboFest and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. Milwaukee Brewers at Minute Maid Park | Friday, July 12 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play Milwaukee in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:10pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Los Angeles Football Club at BBVA Compass Stadium | Friday, July 12 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play Los Angeles in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- 21 Savage in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, July 12 – Jam out to a live show by rapper, producer, and songwriter 21 Savage when he takes the stage at White Oak Music Hall on the “I Am > I Was” tour. DaBaby opens the show. Tickets start at $55, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:30pm.
- Houston Symphony: Music of Selena at Jones Hall | Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13 – Sing along to the Queen of Tejano’s iconic hits when the Houston Symphony teams up with vocalist Marie Sanchez to perform the music of Selena at Jones Hall. Tickets start at $30, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Bridal Extravaganza Show at George R. Brown Convention Center | Saturday, July 13 and Sunday, July 14 – Plan all aspects of your upcoming wedding at the bi-annual Bridal Extravaganza Show in George R. Brown Convention Center. Featuring hundreds of vendors, the show boasts plenty of giveaways, bridal fashion shows, a wedding-planning seminar, and industry experts. Tickets are $15 online; $20 at the door; VIP tickets start at $55. Save $2 per ticket when you order tickets in advance and use promo code Summer365. Times vary.
- 7th annual VegFest at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, July 13 – Ditch the animal products at the seventh annual VegFest in Minute Maid Park, where Vegan Society of P.E.A.C.E. will showcase plant-based vendors, exhibitors, panels and more. Tickets start at $20; $15 for ages 12 to 17; $10 for ages 6 to 11; free for children 5 and under. VIP passes are available. 11am to 5pm.
- Texas vs. Belgium: Sour Ales Class at Public Services Wine & Whisky | Saturday, July 13 – Sample Jester King’s illusive “Spon” Ales, along with a selection of classic Belgian sours, as Public Services hosts a Texas vs. Belgium beer tasting. The flight includes Spon 3 vintage cuvee, Spon aged with muscat grapes, Spon aged with syrah grapes, Oud Beersel Green Walnut lambic, Cantillon Geuze, and Lindeman’s “Cuvee Rene” Geuze. Tickets cost $59, plus tax per person. 2pm to 3:30pm.
- 18th Annual IgboFest at Discovery Green | Saturday, July 13 | FREE – Celebrate Nigerian culture with traditional dances and folklore with an educational twist at the 18th annual IgboFest in Discovery Green. While there, don’t miss the infamous, seven-foot-tall Ajofia Nwewi, a mystical masquerade that will be on display throughout the festival. 3pm to 10pm.
- Galveston ArtWalk on Galveston Island | Saturday, July 13 | No Cover – Browse commercial galleries and non-profit art spaces in one of the Galveston Arts Center’s largest programs, ArtWalk. Held in the heart of Galveston’s historic district, the weekly event supports the local arts community by offering alternative places to see and learn about the visual arts. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Chicago Red Stars at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, July 13 – Cheer on the Dash as they play the Stars in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $15. 7:30pm.
- Diplo in Concert at Stereo Live | Saturday, July 13 – Hit the dance floor at a live show by EDM trailblazer Diplo, when he brings his tour to Houston’s Stereo Live. Tickets start at $69, plus fees. 10pm.
- Shark Day at Downtown Aquarium | Sunday, July 14 – Gear up for Discovery Channel’s upcoming Shark Week with a full day of shark-centric activities, where you can meet shark divers, visit conservation booths, watch dive shows, partake in arts & crafts, and win prizes at Downtown Aquarium. Tickets for all-day adult passes cost $20.99, and kids get in for $19.99. 10am to 10pm.
- Día De La Frida at Karbach Brewery | Sunday, July 14 | No Cover – Honor the life and art of Frida Khalo with an art market, live music, a costume contest, raffles, food trucks, and themed merchandise as Karbach hosts Día De La Frida. Noon to 8pm.
- Tex-Mex BBQ Block Party at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Sunday, July 14 – Dive into unlimited samples of Tex-Mex barbecue when a curated lineup of chefs serve up their unique take on the up-and-coming style of smoked meat. Participating pitmasters include John and Veronica Avila of El Burro & the Bull, Eduardo Ortiz of Eddie O’s Texas Barbecue, Esaul Ramos of San Antonio’s 2M Smokehouse and more. Tickets are $60. 1pm to 4pm.
- Lone Star Bash at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, July 14 – Taste gourmet eats and signature cocktails from a lineup of chefs participating in the fifth annual Lone Star Bash at Minute Maid Park. With an aim to celebrate the future of the restaurant industry, the event features live music, beer and wine, and local chefs, such as Jessica Paul and Ricardo Molina of Molina’s Cantina, Carlos Ramos of Latin Bites, Colin Shine of Frank’s Americana Revival and more. Tickets start at $60. 5pm to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).