Celebrate the Fourth of July with fireworks, parades, concerts and more on Independence Day, Thursday, July 4, 2019.
Happening July 4th Week
July 4th Events & Celebrations Around Greater Houston
- No DWI – Free Sober Rides on Fourth of July Weekend | FREE – The program is simple. Make the right choice to take a taxi or use a ride-sharing service to get home if you’ve been drinking, pay for it up front, and the law firm Sutliff & Stout will reimburse you for it via PayPal. The offer is valid from 5pm on Independence Day, Thursday, July 4, 2019, through 10am on Friday, July 5, 2019.
- Free July 4th Beer & Wine Delivery from H-E-B with Favor | FREE – Shop H-E-B’s extensive beer and wine selection from the comfort from home, and get it delivered for free by Favor Delivery. You get to take advantage of H-E-B’s great low prices without battling crowds in the parking lot and aisles. Click here for details and to get the app. All day.
- Katy Freedom Celebration at Katy Heritage Park | FREE – Join the City of Katy for their annual Freedom Celebration at Fire Station #1 and Katy Heritage Park. Enjoy fun activities including bounce houses, public safety demos, a dunking booth, a petting zoo and more. 9am.
- 4th of July Parade & Celebration at Bellaire Parks and Recreation | FREE – Bring your friends and family to the City of Bellaire’s 4th of July Parade and Festival. Festivities include a parade of local school bands, floats, scout troops, and classic cars all decorated in the spirit of July 4th. After the parade, there will be live music, games, food vendors and more. 9:30am to 1pm.
- July 4: An American Tradition at George Ranch Historical Park – Spend July 4th playing old fashioned games, hearing speeches, and participating in the 6th annual cobbler eating contest at George Ranch Historical Park. Admission For lunch reservations, cost for the meal is $15 for adults ages 13 and older; $12 for children ages 5 to 12; $4 for children 4 and under. 10am.
- Kidpendence Day at Children’s Museum of Houston – Take the kiddos to celebrate the country’s 243rd birthday at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Have a meet-and-greet with Captain America and Wonder Woman, enjoy a flag ceremony, and take part in a science demo. Included with general admission to the museum. 10am to 3pm.
- Wet N’ Wild 4th of July Bash at Henderson Heights – Cool off on the Fourth of July when Henderson Heights hosts their Wet N’ Wild bash featuring “Truck Bed Pools”, a swim-up bar, and food and drink specials. 11am.
- 4th of July $5 Buffet at City Acre Brewing Co. – Come hungry for City Acre’s 4th of July $5 buffet featuring all American classics like burgers and hot dogs as well as drink specials. 11am to 6pm.
- July 4th Block Party at Platypus Brewing | No Cover – Platypus Brewing on Washington Ave hosts their 3rd annual July 4th Block Party with live music, craft beer, and a view of the Downtown fireworks. Noon to 10pm.
- 4th Fest at Valley Ranch – Celebrate the 4th of July with friends and family as 4th Fest presents the Grammy award-winning Texas country artist, Pat Green at Valley Ranch. Jam-packed with a bbq cook-off, fireworks show, cirque acts, and family activities, the festival will also feature concerts by some of the top Texas country artists including Max Stalling, JB & the Moonshine Band, Jody Booth, and headliner Pat Green to end the evening. Tickets are $25; kids under 12 get in free. 2pm to 10pm.
- July 4th Festival and Fireworks at Town Center Park | FREE – Head to Kingwood for the July 4th Festival featuring live music, DJs, food vendors, and a firework show starting at 9pm. 2pm to 9pm.
- July 4th with Rick Ross at Clé Houston – Pack a swimsuit and head to Midtown for Clé Houston’s July 4th pool party featuring a performance from the rapper, Rick Ross. Tickets are $30. 2pm to 8pm.
- Freedom Over Texas at Eleanor Tinsley Park – Celebrate Independence Day with a dazzling display of fireworks, live music, and more at CITGO Freedom Over Texas in Eleanor Tinsley Park. This Independence Day, CITGO Freedom Over Texas celebrates more than three decades of Fourth festivities and fireworks along Buffalo Bayou with a spectacular lineup of musical guests and activities for the whole family. Tickets are $8 in advance until Wednesday, July 3, $10 at the gate; children 5 and under are free with paid adult. 4pm to 10pm.
- Red, White and Boom at The Crown Festival Park at Sugar Land | FREE – The City of Sugar Land celebrates the 4th of July with a display of fireworks as well as a children’s zone, craft stations, live entertainment, food and more. This event is free to attend but requires RSVP. 4pm to 10pm.
- 4th Fest at The Pasadena Convention Center and Municipal Fairgrounds | FREE – Celebrate freedom with family and fireworks at the annual City of Pasadena 4th Fest at The Pasadena Convention Center and Municipal Fairgrounds. The live music line up will feature country artist Kevin Fowler and Houston’s own reggae band, Th3rd Coast Roots. 5pm to 10pm.
- Celebration of Freedom at Independence Park in Pearland | FREE – The City of Pearland celebrates Independence Day with their annual Celebration of Freedom at the grand re-opening of Independence Park. The family-friendly event will feature a concert including The Slags & Jake Worthington as well as activities and entertainment including fireworks, a kids zone, food trucks, craft vendors, and a VFW Military Salute. 6pm to 10pm.
- July 4th Backyard Cookout at B.B. Lemon – Celebrate America’s birthday with an all-American cookout at B.B. Lemon. Enjoy live music by Buck Yeager Band, yard games, and special Independence Day food and drink packages including burgers and hot dogs. Food and drink prices vary. 6pm.
- July 4th Spectacular with Cheap Trick at Karbach Brewing Co. – Raise a glass for the land of the free and home of the brave at Karbach’s July 4th Spectacular featuring music from the legendary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, Cheap Trick. Tickets are $28. Kids under 12 get in free. 6pm to 10pm.
- 4th of July at The Boardwalk Towne Lake | No Cover – Head to Cypress to enjoy live music, family fun, and a show-stopping fireworks show on The Boardwalk Towne Lake. 6:30pm.
- 180th City of Galveston Independence Day Celebration, Parade & Fireworks | FREE – Galveston Island will throw its annual Independence Day Celebration featuring a parade featuring a procession of floats, decorated military vehicles and performers. The parade will kick off at 7pm with a procession on Seawall Boulevard starting at 59th Street and ending at 25th Street. After the parade, the island will host a 20-minute fireworks show over the Gulf of Mexico at 9:15pm near 37th Street and Seawall Boulevard. 7pm to 9:35pm.
- Independence Day Fireworks Spectacular at CityCentre | FREE – CityCentre’s family-friendly Independence Day event will include live music and a 15-minute fireworks spectacular to end the evening. 7pm to 11pm.
- July 4 Fireworks & Concert at Kings Harbor in Kingwood | FREE – Grab your lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy a concert by Dennis Davis Band and a fireworks spectacular at Kings Harbor in Kingwood. 7pm to 10pm.
- 4th of July at Axelrad | No Cover – Head to the Axelrad beer garden in Midtown for their 4th of July celebration featuring music by Houston’s own singer-songwriter Will Van Horn and an outdoor movie screening of the Steve Spielberg classic, Jaws. 8pm.
- Star-Spangled Salute: ExxonMobil Summer Symphony Nights at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Enjoy a host of patriotic favorites under the stars at the Houston Symphony’s annual Star-Spangled Salute at Miller Outdoor Theatre. The evening will be topped off by a spectacular fireworks display. 8:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).