Rally the home teams to victory at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, July 1 through Sunday, July 7, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in July 2019
This week, watch the United States aim for another World Cup Final, spike the competition at a volleyball tournament, or take in the city’s summer sports teams.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Women’s World Cup Watch Party at The Phoenix on Westheimer | Tuesday, July 2 | No Cover – Take a half day at work to watch the United States women compete in the World Cup semifinal as they try to claim back-to-back trophies. The Phoenix on Westheimer is the official watch party venue of the Houston Dash. 2pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. New York Red Bulls at BBVA Stadium | Wednesday, July 3 – This even-keeled matchup of cross-conference squads sees both clamoring for points to edge up Major League Soccer standings. Tickets range from $15 to over $60, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- GCVA Red, White & Volleyball Tournament on East Beach in Galveston | Saturday, July 6 – Rise and shine to compete in a multi-division tournament to crown the champ of the sand volleyball court in Galveston. Registration is $25 per person; $50 per team. Check-in begins at 8:30am with matches to start at 9am.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, July 6 – The first 15,000 fans through the ballpark gates can get their hands on a Gerrit ‘Cole Train’ Pitching bobblehead as the Astros take on the Angels. Tickets range from $24 to $158, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:15pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, July 7 – The ‘Stros celebrate the little ones with Kids’ Day at the ballpark. Arrive early for the pregame Kids Zone, featuring inflatables, face painters, caricature artists and more from 11am to 2pm, then get through the gates quick as the first 10,000 kids 12 and under will receive a Carlos Correa navy jersey. Stick around afterward and kids can run the bases to end the night. Tickets range from $12 to $148, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 1:10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).