Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, July 3 to Sunday, July 7, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in July 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Grab a drink and lounge in a hammock while listening to the music of local jazz musicians every Wednesday at Axelrad. 7pm.
- Red, White & Brew Party at Howl at the Moon – Hit the dance floor and sing along to patriotic tunes played by talented musicians at Howl at the Moon’s Red, White & Brew party. Cover charge at the door. 7pm.
- Irish Session & Game Night at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | No Cover – McGonigel’s Mucky Duck hosts a weekly Wednesday evening celebration of traditional Irish and Celtic music. Patrons are invited to duke it out all evening, choosing from the Irish pub’s healthy selection of board games. 7:30pm.
- The Office Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Shout “Boom, roasted!” as you show off your knowledge of The Office when Under the Radar Brewery hosts a themed trivia night, complete with food trucks and $4 pints. 7:30pm to 10pm.
- Chicago in Concert at Smart Financial Center – Jam out when the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers, Chicago, return to Smart Financial Centre for a live show. You’ll hear songs like “Hard To Say I’m Sorry,” “Look Away,” and “If You Leave Me Now.” Tickets start at $79.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
Independence Day, Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Free July 4th Beer & Wine Delivery from H-E-B with Favor | FREE – Shop H-E-B’s extensive beer and wine selection from the comfort from home, and get it delivered for free by Favor Delivery. You get to take advantage of H-E-B’s great low prices without battling crowds in the parking lot and aisles. Click here for details and to get the app. All day.
- July 4th with Rick Ross at Clé Houston – Bring a swimsuit and head to Midtown for Clé Houston’s July 4th pool party featuring a performance from the rapper, Rick Ross. Tickets are $30. 2pm to 8pm.
- Freedom Over Texas at Eleanor Tinsley Park – Celebrate Independence Day with a dazzling display of fireworks, live music, and more at CITGO Freedom Over Texas in Eleanor Tinsley Park. This Independence Day, CITGO Freedom Over Texas celebrates more than three decades of Fourth festivities and fireworks along Buffalo Bayou with a spectacular lineup of musical guests and activities for the whole family. Tickets are $8 in advance until Wednesday, July 3, $10 at the gate; children 5 and under are free with paid adult. 4pm to 10pm.
- July 4th Spectacular with Cheap Trick at Karbach Brewing Co. – Raise a glass for the land of the free and home of the brave at Karbach’s July 4th Spectacular featuring music from the legendary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, Cheap Trick. Tickets are $28. Kids under 12 get in free. 6pm to 10pm.
- July 4th Backyard Cookout at B.B. Lemon – Feast on an All-American cookout courtesy of B.B. Lemon, who will serve up burgers, hot dogs, watermelon salad, strawberry shortcake and more this Fourth of July. You’ll also find live music by the Buck Yeager Band, yard games, and food and drink specials. Dinners are $29.76 and reservations are recommended. 6pm to 10:30pm.
- 180th City of Galveston Independence Day Celebration, Parade & Fireworks | FREE – Galveston Island will throw its annual Independence Day Celebration featuring a parade featuring a procession of floats, decorated military vehicles, and performers. After the parade, the island will host a 20-minute firework show over the Gulf of Mexico at 9:15pm near 37th Street and Seawall Boulevard. 7pm.
Friday, July 5, 2019
- FriYAY Rose Wine Tasting at Brennan’s of Houston – Cool off and say “cheers” to summertime at Brennan’s second annual FriYAY Rose tasting. Guests can taste several rosé selections and enjoy light bites at this walk-around tasting. Tickets are $25 per person, plus tax and gratuity. 4pm to 7pm.
- HBD America(N Idiot): Tribute to Green Day at House of Blues – Watch performances from Green For A Day: Tribute to Green Day, Foo Fakers: Tribute to Foo Fighters, and The Joan Hearts: Tribute to Joan Jett & The Blackhearts for the HBD America (N Idiot) concert at House of Blues. Tickets start at $15. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Nightbird in Concert at Sugar Land Town Square | No Cover – Sit back and enjoy a performance of Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks’ greatest hits when the tribute band, Nightbird, takes the stage at Sugar Land Town Square. 7:30pm.
- Steve Earle & the Dukes in Concert at The Heights Theater – The American rock, country, and folk favorite, Steve Earle performs at The Heights Theater for one night. This is an all ages show. Tickets range from $34 to $78. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Karaoke Night at Saint Dane’s Bar & Grille | No Cover – Sing your heart out while enjoying $.50 cent drinks at Karaoke Night at Saint Dane’s Bar & Grille. 9:30pm.
- The Fetish Late Show at Prohibition Theatre – The Fetish Late Show is back at Prohibition with themed burlesque produced by The Moonlight Dolls. The exclusive, one-of-a-kind late night show features The Moonlight Dolls and their most risque, daring, and sexiest acts. Themed attire is encouraged, but nudity is not permitted. Tickets are $20, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Saturday, July 6, 2019
- GCVA Red, White & Volleyball Tournament on East Beach – The Gulf Coast Volleyball Association (GCVA), the largest outdoor volleyball association on the Gulf Coast, hosts the 4th of July-inspired Red, White & Volleyball Tournament. $25 per person; $50 per team. Beachgoers are welcome to watch at no cost. 9am to 9pm.
- Houston Margarita Crawl on Washington Avenue – You can expect more than five Washington Ave bars and restaurants to be participating in the Houston Margarita Crawl, with drink discounts at each venue, free take-home swag, and entrance to the after-party included in your ticket price. Tickets start at $20; up to $35 day of the event. 2pm to 8pm
- 11th Annual Juried Exhibition at Archway Gallery | FREE – Explore original works of art, juried by Houston artist Penny Cerling while enjoying complimentary wine and light bites at an annual summer tradition. 5pm to 8pm; juror remarks at 6:30pm.
- Summer Block Party at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Get down to an evening festival of R&B and soul music at the annual Summer Block Party in Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. This year’s event boasts a star-studded lineup with headliners Jill Scott, Boyz II Men, Faith Evans, and Lucky Daye. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
- EaDo Vintage Fest at Texas Art Asylum | No Cover – Browse vintage clothing, antique furniture, decor, and handmade goods at this monthly festival in Eado. 6pm.
- Frida Kahlo’s Birthday Celebration at Axelrad | No Cover – Head to Axelrad in Midtown for the artist Frida Kahlo’s birthday celebration with live music, food vendors, Frida pop-up shops, and themed drinks. 6pm.
- Comedian Amanda Seales at House of Blues – Burst out laughing at a stand-up show when comedian, actress, disc jockey, recording artist, and radio personality Amanda Seales takes the mic at House of Blues. Tickets start at $44.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Tame Impala Night at Satellite Bar – Dance the night away to songs by the psych-indie band, Tame Impala along with other indie classics when headliner Avery of -Us. and Wild Moccasins and DJ Yellatape provide the sounds at Satellite Bar. No cover for 21 and up. $5 for ages 18 and up. 9pm.
- Decadence: Late Night Gatsby Party at Prohibition Theatre – Inspired by the art deco hotels and grand cafes of the 1920s, Prohibition Supperclub and Bar steps back in time to when the parties were grander and life was a cabaret. This summer, it is throwing Decadence, a weekly Saturday night party inspired by The Great Gatsby. Tickets are $20, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for most parties. 11:30pm.
Sunday, July 7, 2019
- Sunday Funday Sessions at The Flat | No Cover – The Flat hosts their Sunday Sessions with sounds by DJ SMNS and an all-day happy hour that features $4 Frozé’s (frozen rosé). 5pm.
- Young the Giant, Fitz and the Tantrums in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Sing along to a live show by indie rockers Young the Giant and neo-soul group Fitz and the Tantrums when both perform at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $45, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 5pm.
- Santana and The Doobie Brothers in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Bask in the smooth melodies and guitar riffs of Santana during a live performance alongside the Doobie Brothers at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $47, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
- PMT Pop Up: ’90s Cabaret at Continental Club – Throw it back to the 1990s at a themed pop-up party presented by Pitch Me This at the Continental Club. Expect to see local talent perform the best of Britney, Backstreet Boys, Alanis Morissette, Green Day and more. Pay-what-you-can tickets start at $10. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).