Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, June 24 to Sunday, June 30, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
Taste more than 15 margarita flavors at an outdoor festival in The Woodlands; hit the dance floor at a live performance by Jenny from the Block; root for a Houston-based boxing champion; see a theatrical performance of a Disney classic; show off your skills in a gaming tournament and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Jennifer Lopez in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, June 25 – Catch an epic concert when JLo takes Toyota Center by storm with stunning dance-moves, dazzling costumes, and powerful hits both new and old. Tickets start at $49.95, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Disney’s Aladdin at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Starts Wednesday, June 26 – Rub your magic lamp and fulfill your wish to see the beloved Disney classic, Aladdin, come to life in a family-friendly, musical production at Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets start at $50, but you may find cheaper or better seats using TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Thursday Concerts: Bruce Robinson & Kelly Green at Discovery Green | Thursday, June 27 | FREE – Jam out to a free concert by the Texas Americana duo, Bruce Robinson and Kelly Green, who perform as part of Discovery Green’s Thursday Concerts series. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- The Catastrophic Theatre presents Speeding Motorcycle at MATCH | Thursday, June 27 to Sunday, June 30 – The Catastrophic Theatre presents the return of one of its all-time favorite shows, Speeding Motorcycle, with words and music by Daniel Johnston. The show takes audiences deep into the astounding, hilarious, and heartbreaking world of one of America’s most compelling cult musicians, Daniel Johnston. The original rock opera, based entirely on Johnston’s songs, was originally performed to rave reviews in 2006. Times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners at Minute Maid Park | Friday, June 28 to Sunday, June 30 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Mariners in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Times vary.
- Music on the Plaza: June 2019 at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Friday, June 28 | FREE – The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) hosts an evening of live music and dance on The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. This evening features performances by dancer and choreographer Genene McGrath and musical quartet Two Star Symphony. 6pm to 9pm.
- Father John Misty in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, June 28 – Catch a concert by the singer-songwriter and former Fleet Foxes drummer, Josh Tillman—also known as Father John Misty—when he takes the stage alongside Jason Isbell at White Oak Music Hall. The 400 Unit opens the show. Tickets start at $49.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:30pm.
- Hands on Texas History Festival at The Bryan Museum | Saturday, June 29 – The Bryan Museum will celebrate Texas history with the best living history festival Galveston Island has ever seen. Hands on Texas History will feature live maritime, Celtic, and pioneer music, a chuckwagon, a comedic medicine show, a branding demonstration, a gunsmith, Buffalo Soldiers, games, costumed historical re-enactors, an authentic WWII 2 truck and jeeps, coastal animals, delicious barbecue, beer and wine, and more. Tickets are $5; $3 for ages 15 and under. 10am to 5pm.
- AsiaFest 2019 at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, June 29 | FREE – Celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with an international bazaar, live performances, arts and crafts, authentic cuisine, and live demonstrations at the annual AsiaFest, postponed from its original date in May due to rain. 11am to 5pm.
- The Woodlands Margarita Festival at Town Green Park | Saturday, June 29 – Cool off with one or several citrusy concoctions at the fourth annual Woodlands Margarita Festival. Offering more than 15 flavors of the summertime cocktail, the event features tequila tastings, live music, a market, and a vote for the top mixologist. General admission tickets are $23 in advance; $30 at the gate, but a limited number of discounted $13.50 tickets are available. 2pm to 8pm.
- 6th Annual Houston Whiskey Festival (Rescheduled) | Saturday, June 29 – Sip and socialize among fellow whiskey enthusiasts at the Houston Whiskey Festival at Bayou Place. Attendees can enjoy educational seminars, a cigar lounge, live music, light bites, and recommendations from popular distilleries. Tickets start at $65 plus fees. 6pm to 10pm.
- Premier Boxing Champions: Charlo vs. Adams at NRG Arena | Saturday, June 29 – Watch as the undefeated WBC Interim Middleweight Champion and Houston-native, Jermall Charlo, returns home to go up against the middleweight contender, Brandon Adams, at NRG Arena. Tickets range from $30 to over $250, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).