Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 26 to Sunday, June 30, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Comedian Nikki Glaser at Houston Improv | Thursday to Saturday – With her wry mature-audiences-only comedy, comedian Nikki Glaser has quickly become one of the most sought after young comedians and actors in the comedy world. Tickets are $25; $50 tickets include a a VIP meet and great session. Use promocode NIKKI365 for 2-for-1 tickets for the Thursday show. Showtimes vary.
Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- Live Music at The Cottonmouth Club featuring Goat Leather | No Cover – Enjoy music from Goat Leather, a grizzled pair of Houston roustabouts who play music, tell stories, sing songs, and otherwise complement the bar and its patrons. 7pm to 10pm.
- Aperitivo Italiano: Volcanic Soils at Italian Cultural & Community Center – The second edition of Aperitivo Italiano: Volcanic Soils, Terroir Based Wines, will make you discover some of the most complex and intense wines that hail from volcanic terroirs at ICCC. Tickets are $30 for non-members; $25 for members. 7pm to 8pm.
- The Appleseed Cast in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch a set from the emo rock band, The Appleseed Cast along with opener Tennis System at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $12 in advance; $15 at the door. 7pm.
- Irish Session & Game Night at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | No Cover – McGonigel’s Mucky Duck hosts a weekly Wednesday evening celebration of traditional Irish and Celtic music. Patrons are invited to duke it out all evening, choosing from the Irish pub’s healthy selection of board games. 7:30pm.
- Bluebonnets in Concert at Under the Volcano – Catch a gritty blues set from Bluebonnets at the Rice Village cocktail bar, Under the Volcano. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Picture Perfect Picnic at Buffalo Bayou Park – PrimaryPaintParty.com hosts a Picture Perfect Picnic, overlooking Downtown Houston from The Brown Foundation Lawn at Buffalo Bayou Park. Those attending will experience a unique outdoor paint and sip picnic on the beautifully landscaped rooftop park. Picnic blanket, basket, and all art supplies will be provided. Tickets are $45. 5pm to 7pm.
- Thursday Concerts: Bruce Robinson & Kelly Green at Discovery Green | FREE – Discovery Green presents a weekly series of family-friendly concerts that showcase the best music of the Gulf Coast. This week features Americana’s favorite couple (or at least Texas music’s favorite), Bruce Robinson and Kelly Green. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Jurassic Park Trivia at Great Heights Brewing Company – Show off your knowledge of all Jurassic Park movies at this special trivia night at Great Heights Brewing Company. Tickets are $6. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Trio Fórte in Concert at Axelrad | No Cover – The Axelrad Concert Series presents a LatinJazz, Bossanova, and dance night every last Thursday of the month as well as a performance from Trio Fórte. 7:30pm.
- The Winery Comedy Tour at Sable Gate Winery in Midtown – Nationally recognized comedians travel the country tasting local wine and making new fans in this new comedy circuit that brings quality comedy to folks in a new type of venue, with a vino twist. Enjoy wine and laughs at Sable Gate Winery in Midtown. Tickets are $20, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available. 7:30pm.
- Float & Flick Summer Movie Series Footloose Movie Screening at Hotel Derek – Hotel Derek opens up their Splash pool and movie wall for their Float & Flick Summer Movie Series featuring a summer menu, fruity cocktails, and local craft beers. This month, they’ll be screening Footloose. 7:30pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- If It Don’t Feel Like ’90s RnB featuring Mya at House of Blues – Celebrate the golden age of ’90s R&B with entertainment from special guest singer, Mya at House of Blues. Tickets start at $25. 8pm.
- Alice Wallace in Concert at Goodnight Charlie’s – Singer-songwriter Alice Wallace and her band make their way to Goodnight Charlie’s in support of her latest record, Into the Blue. Cover charge at the door. 8:30pm.
Friday, June 28, 2019
- HAAPIFEST 2019: Houston Asian American Pacific Islander Film Festival – The HAAPIFEST Closing and Community Arts Night happens at the Chinese Community Center. The festival features free screenings of more than 65 Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) films and is a celebration of AAPI art, film, and music in Houston. All day.
- Music on the Plaza: June 2019 at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | FREE – The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) hosts an evening of live music and dance on The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. This evening features performances by dancer and choreographer Genene McGrath and musical quartet Two Star Symphony. 6pm to 9pm.
- Father John Misty in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – With the release of 2018’s God’s Favorite Customer, Father John Misty further cemented his place as an indie folk-rock icon. He’ll team up with Americana musician Jason Isbell at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $49.50 up to $79.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:30pm.
- Succulent Potting Party at Eureka Heights Brewery – Get your creative juices flowing with craft beer and create a mini succulent garden at Eureka Heights Brewery. Tickets are $35 per person. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Train & Goo Goo Dolls in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – After more than twenty years of hits, Train and Goo Goo Dolls will team up for a co-headlining tour that brings them and some of their most popular songs to The Woodlands. Tickets range from $29.50 to $125, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Treat Yo Self: Sweet & Treats Art Show & Experience at Insomnia Gallery – Insomnia Gallery in the East End hosts an interactive and immersive art show dedicated to all things sweet with complimentary ice cream for all ages. Cover charge is $5. 7pm.
- Gasolina Reggaeton Party at House of Blues – The Gasolina Reggaeton Party will be playing your favorite old-school reggaeton classics with a taste of the new school reggaeton wave-Latin trap, hip-hop, and a ton of hot and upcoming artists at House of Blues. Tickets are $15. 9pm.
- The Cure Tribute Night at Etro Lounge – Dance along to songs like “Friday, I’m in Love”, “Boys Don’t Cry”, and other ’80s hits when Etro Lounge in Downtown hosts a tribute to The Cure. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- The Fetish Late Show at Prohibition Theatre – The Fetish Late Show is back at Prohibition with themed burlesque produced by The Moonlight Dolls. The exclusive, one-of-a-kind late night show features The Moonlight Dolls and their most risque, daring, and sexiest acts. Themed attire is encouraged, but nudity is not permitted. Tickets are $20, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Saturday, June 29, 2019
- Gulf Coast Volleyball Association Galveston Open on East Beach – The Gulf Coast Volleyball Association (GCVA), the largest outdoor volleyball association on the Gulf Coast, hosts the ESPN 97.5 & Sports Map 94.1FM Sunfest. Divisions include men’s, women’s, junior, and coed doubles. The first 100 players who check in at the beach each get a free t-shirt. $25 per person; $50 per team. Beachgoers are welcome to watch at no cost. 9am to 9pm.
- Heights Mercantile Summer Market | No Cover – Heights Mercantile Summer Market will feature local artists and vendors along the promenade and sidewalks of Heights Mercantile. The market is pet and kid friendly. Parking at Heights Mercantile is limited, so shoppers are encouraged to walk, bike, or take a ride-sharing service. 11am to 6pm.
- Third Anniversary Party at City Acre Brewing Co. | No Cover – Celebrate City Acre’s 3rd birthday with a boardwalk carnival-themed party featuring water games, frozen treats, beachy music and favors, and a carnival-themed menu. VIP tickets are $32.95. Noon to 5pm.
- The Woodlands Margarita Festival at Town Green Park – The Woodlands Margarita Festival returns for the fourth year in a row, featuring more than 15 flavors to try in your own souvenir cup. Vote for your favorite, and see which mixologist takes home the trophy. There will also be Tequila tastings, live bands, and a vendor market. General admission tickets are $23 in advance; $30 at the gate, but a limited number of discounted $13.50 tickets are available. 2pm to 8pm.
- 6th Annual Houston Whiskey Festival (Rescheduled) – The Houston Whiskey Festival is an upscale tasting event happening in Downtown, featuring a wide assortment of whiskey, bourbon, Scotch, and other fine spirits. There will also be live music, light bites, whiskey seminars, a cigar lounge, and socializing. Tickets start at $45 for early bird registration; VIP tickets start at $100. 6pm to 10pm.
- Jon Bellion in Concert at Revention Music Center – The hip-hop and R&B artist, Jon Bellion, takes the stage for “The Glory Sound Prep Tour” at Revention Music Center in Downtown. Tickets start at $39. Doors at 6pm; show at 7pm.
- The Bodeans, with Cameron Matthew Ray in Concert at The Heights Theater – The high energy rock ‘n’ roll band, The Bodeans, play the intimate Heights Theater. Singer-songwriter Cameron Matthew Ray opens. This is an all ages show. Tickets range from $22 to $176. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Decadence: Late Night Gatsby Party at Prohibition Theatre – Inspired by the art deco hotels and grand cafes of the 1920s, Prohibition Supperclub and Bar is a step back in time to when the parties were grander and life was a cabaret. This summer, it is throwing Decadence, a weekly Saturday night party inspired by The Great Gatsby. Tickets are $20, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for most parties. 11:30pm.
Sunday, June 30, 2019
- All Day Happy Hour at Conservatory | No Cover – Get your game on for free while enjoying Conservatory’s all-day happy hour, which features more than 60 types of draft beer, wine, and select whiskeys. 11am to 10pm.
- Sam Feldt at Clé Houston – Sip a cocktail poolside when the Clé Summer Sessions continue with a performance from DJ Sam Feldt at Clé Houston Lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $15. 2pm to 8pm.
- Canada Day at Riel – Chef/Owner Ryan Lachaine, a native of Winnipeg and former semi-pro hockey player, is bringing in two celebrity chefs for Canada Day at Riel. Mason Hereford of Turkey and the Wolf (New Orleans) and fellow Canadian Mandel Hitzer of deer + almond (Winnipeg) will feature surprise Canadian items on the menu. 2pm.
- LEGO Succulent Workshop at Axelrad – Get crafty while drinking some craft brews and cocktails and build your very own pot/vessel out of LEGO’s with succulents at Axelrad beer garden. Tickets are $30 and include LEGO’s, 3 succulents, and a beer. 3pm to 5pm.
- Yousef at Stereo Live Houston – The house and techno music DJ and producer all the way from Liverpool, Yousef performs live at Stereo Live nightclub. Tickets are $10. 6pm to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).