Explore Asian American Pacific Islander cinema at the 15th Annual HAAPIFEST from Thursday, June 20 through Friday, June 28, 2019.
Throughout the nine-day HAAPIFEST 2019, OCA-Greater Houston is presenting more than 65 Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) films in a celebration of AAPI art, film, and music in Houston.
The event series also includes student filmmaker workshops, panel discussions, dinners, and more.
HAAPIFEST 2019 Events
- Opening Night at Asia Society Texas Center | Thursday, June 20, 2019 – The festival kicks off with a screening of Jay Chern’s Omotenashi, followed by a special ticketed reception with the director. Click here for directions.
- HAAPIFEST Film Screenings at Houston Marriott Westchase | Friday, June 21 through Thursday, June 27, 2019 – Click here for a full schedule of films, descriptions, and screening times. Click here for directions.
- Closing and Community Arts Night at Chinese Community Center | Friday, June 28, 2019 – HAAPIFEST wraps up with a ticketed event showcasing visual and performing arts presentations and catered by Blood Brothers BBQ. Click here for directions.
HAAPIFEST 2019: Houston Asian American Pacific Islander Film Festival
- Dates: Thursday, June 20 through Friday, June 28, 2019
- Times: Times vary. Click here for complete showtime and venue information.
- Locations: Venues vary. Click here for complete showtime and venue information.
- Admission: Film screenings are free and open to the public, though reserving tickets in advance is recommended. Select few events are paid, ranging from $50 to $75. Click here to reserve tickets or for more information.
This story was sponsored by OCA-Greater Houston. Per our advertising policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for Houstonians and Houston visitors. Click here to learn about promoting your event, product or business.