Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, June 17 to Sunday, June 23, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
See the star of The Greatest Showman perform live in concert; run, climb, and jump your way through a muddy obstacle course; celebrate summer with a free party in La Porte; get loud at the CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader; head to the zoo for margaritas, music, animal exhibits and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 30th Annual Texas Music Festival at the University of Houston | Tuesday, June 18, Thursday, June 20, and Saturday, June 22 – Attend one or several classical music events during the month-long Texas Music Festival. Now in its 30th year, the festival showcases some of Texas’ brightest young artists in a series of concerts and other celebrations. Tickets for the Orchestra Series concerts are $25; tickets for the Perspective Series concerts are $20; ticket packages for the full festival are also available. Times vary.
- Hugh Jackman in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, June 18 – Marvel at the talents of the Academy Award-nominated, Golden Globe- and Tony Award-winning performer, Hugh Jackman, during his first-ever world tour, which includes a stop at Houston’s Toyota Center. Expect to hear hits from The Greatest Showman and Les Miserables, as well as other songs from both Broadway and film, all accompanied by a live orchestra. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- 2019 LGBTQ+ Pride Events Around Houston | Thursday, June 20 to Sunday, June 23 – Celebrate Houston Pride 2019 with a variety of events, including film screenings, parades, parties, brunches, and concerts all weekend long. Times, locations, and prices vary.
- Lone Star Soirée at Houston Zoo | Thursday, June 20 – Check out native Texan species like the American alligator, screech owl, and whooping crane—all featured in the Houston Zoo’s latest exhibit, Kathrine G. McGovern Texas Wetlands—during the celebratory Lone Star Soirée. The evening event will feature tacos, a margarita bar, music from a DJ, customized leather bracelets, a live ice-carving display, a photo booth, dance lessons, and yard games. $35. 6pm to 10pm.
- Sleuths & Secrets Mystery Night at Houston Museum of Natural Science | Thursday, June 20 – Gather evidence, untangle a web of riddles and clues, then crack the case at the Houston Museum of Natural Science’s interactive event, Sleuths & Secrets Mystery Night. $30. 6:30pm.
- Jazz on Film at MFAH | Friday, June 21 and Saturday, June 22 – Discover the intersection between jazz music and cinema at MFAH’s annual celebration, Jazz on Film. The three-week event features a lineup of screenings centered around this year’s focus of 1959, a pivotal year in jazz and film. Tickets are $9 per movie; $7 for MFAH members and ages 65 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Twenty Øne Piløts in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, June 21 – Rock out at a live show by Grammy Award-winners Twenty Øne Piløts when they bring the second leg of their Bandito Tour to Houston’s Toyota Center. Tickets start at $59, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Group C Doubleheader at BBVA Compass Stadium | Friday, June 21 – Cheer from the stands as four top soccer teams take the field in the CONCACAF Gold Cup Group C Doubleheader at BBVA Compass Stadium. First, El Salvador takes on Jamaica. Then, Honduras and Curaçao will go head-to-head. Tickets start at $30, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
- WWE NXT Live at Revention Music Center | Friday, June 21 – Get ready to rumble as up-and-coming wrestlers head into the ring to duke it out before advancing to the main stage of WWE at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- The Mud Dawg: NCC Mud Run in Humble | Saturday, June 22 – Get your hands (and everything else) dirty as you make your way through the Mud Dawg obstacle course to raise funds for the New Covenant Church. Participants can choose from a 5K, 3K, or 1K kids race. Registration for ages 13 and up ranges from $40 to $50, depending on the competition. The Kids 1K is $20. 8am to noon.
- Summer Party on Main in La Porte | Saturday, June 22 | FREE – Soak in the summer vibes with a watermelon-eating contest, live music, food trucks, cold beer, local vendors, and a car show at the Summer Party on Main in La Porte. Bring the kids along for crafts, slides, rides and more. 4pm to 9pm.
- Disrupt Festival at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, June 23 – Rock out to a live show by a full lineup of notable bands, as well as up-and-comers, at Disrupt Festival in Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Performers include The Used, Thrice, Circa Survive, The Story So Far, Sleeping with Sirens, Andy Black, Four Year Strong, Memphis May Fire, Trophy Eyes, Juliet Simms, and Hyro the Hero. Tickets start at $49, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 1:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).