Circle the dates on your calendar for these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, June 10 through Sunday, June 16, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
Houston plays host to a steady stream of highly-touted trending artists and accomplished bands this week, as well as a music festival bursting with local talent.
Top 10 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Jamila Woods at Warehouse Live | Monday, June 10 – The R&B singer-songwriter has certainly arrived with her recent sophomore release, Heavn that deeply connects with and reflects the political goings-on in the country and racial justice. Tickets range between $15 to $55 for meet and greet opportunities. 8pm.
- Anderson Paak and The Free Nationals, with Mac DeMarco, Thundercat at Revention Music Center | Tuesday, June 11 – A stellar lineup brings Anderson Paak and his backing band to play songs from his April release, Ventura, along with singer-songwriter Mac DeMarco performing his early May album, Here Comes The Cowboy. Tickets start at $59. 7:30pm.
- Anberlin, with I The Mighty at House of Blues | Wednesday, June 12 – Following a four-year hiatus, the alt-rock band has reunited briefly to tour Australia and 22 cities in the United States. Tickets start at $28.50. 8pm.
- Sebadoh at White Oak Music Hall | Thursday, June 13 – Indie rockers Sebadoh return, five years after their last release with Act Surprised. The group finds themselves delivering a comfortable sound that they rose to prominence with throughout the ’90s indie scene. Tickets start at $18. 7pm.
- Thursday Concerts: Ray Wylie Hubbard at Discovery Green | Thursday, June 13 | FREE – Discovery Green presents a weekly series of family-friendly concerts that showcase the best music of the Gulf Coast. This week features the Ray Wylie Hubbard, known as the “songwriter’s songwriter” and an elder statesman of the Texas music scene. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Josh Ritter and The Royal City Band, with Amanda Shires at The Heights Theater | Friday, June 14 – Now in his third decade of songwriting, the prolific Americana musician graces the stage at Heights Theater in support of his tenth studio release, Fever Breaks. Tickets start at $23. 7pm.
- Hootie and The Blowfish, with Barenaked Ladies at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, June 14 – To celebrate the 25th anniversary of their landmark album, Cracked Rear View, Hootie hits the road with the Barenaked Ladies along with new music from an upcoming album. Tickets start at $29, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Local Brews, Local Grooves at House of Blues | Saturday, June 15 – Taking over the Downtown music venue, this beer and music festival offers more than forty brew samplings from twenty local breweries to enjoy alongside the tunes of sixteen local bands and DJs. General admission with a sampling wristband that includes five 5oz. pours is $25 or $35 for two wristbands. 21 and up only.
- Weird Al Yankovic at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, June 15 – The king of parody arrives in The Woodlands for a special “Strings Attached” comedy and rock n’ roll symphonic experience that highlights his hits and classics with an original band, costumes, props and more. Tickets range from $34.50 to $64.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Machine Gun Kelly at Revention Music Center | Sunday, June 16 – The Cleveland rapper comes into town on the heels of teasing his upcoming fourth studio album, Hotel Diablo. Tickets are $30. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).