Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, June 10 to Sunday, June 16, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Chinese for Everyone Summer Camp at Northland Christian School | Monday, June 10 to Friday, June 14 – Set the kids up for success at a week-long camp where they will learn Chinese and experience China in Houston. The group combines aspects from both American and Chinese education with teachers who grew up in here in Houston and in Harbin, China. Kindergartners through fifth graders are welcome. $200. 9am to 4pm.
- You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown at MATCH | Tuesday, June 11 through Sunday, June 16 – Join the entire Peanuts gang in a series of vignettes that highlight the highs and lows of Charles Schulz’s iconic characters. See the kid’s faces light up when they see this delightful show on select days and times throughout the Summer. Tickets start at $18. Showtimes vary.
- Drop-In Art Wednesdays at Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Art | Wednesday, June 12 | FREE – Calling all Superhero fans to My Hero! at Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Art for Drop-In Art Wednesdays. This free art-making program allows your little heroes to create their own masterpieces. Check out the art exhibit while you’re there for a fun look into all things Superhero. 3pm to 4pm.
- Anime Matsuri 2019 at George R. Brown Convention Center | Thursday, June 13 to Saturday, June 15 – Bring your cosplay A-game while joining tens of thousands of artists, enthusiasts, music-lovers, fashionistas, gamers, collectors, and animators for Anime Matsuri 2019 at George R. Brown Convention Center. Check out lectures, shows, concerts, workshops and more during this multi-day event. Tickets start at $80 online; $85 at the door, plus fees. Times vary.
- Thursday Concerts: Ray Wylie Hubbard at Discovery Green | Thursday, June 13 | FREE – Discovery Green presents a weekly series of family-friendly concerts that showcase the best music of the Gulf Coast. This week features the Ray Wylie Hubbard, known as the “songwriter’s songwriter” and an elder statesman of the Texas music scene. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Father’s Day Events Around Houston | Friday, June 14 to Sunday, June 16 – Show love and appreciation for your dad this Father’s Day by treating him to a show, a baseball game, spending time at one of his favorite places and more ways to show Dad you care. Times, prices and locations vary.
- Parent’s Day Out at Republic Gymnastics | Friday, June 14 – Drop the kiddos off for a fun-filled morning, afternoon or full day, of jumping, bouncing, and playing at Republic Gymnastics. There won’t be a dull moment in this exciting and safe environment for kids while you take a little “Me” time. Tickets start at $18 when you pre-register. 9am to 1pm; noon to 4pm; full day 9am to 4pm.
- Concerts in the Park at Southdown Park in Pearland | Friday, June 14 | FREE – Make it a rockin’ night with the family in Pearland when Phineus Reb takes the stage for a country music concert. Food vendors will be on hand selling a delicious variety of foods, plus the splash pad and playground will be available for the kids. Bring blankets, lawn chairs, and picnic baskets as you sit down to enjoy your evening. 7pm to 9pm.
- Dad’s Day 5K at Sam Houston Park | Saturday, June 15 – Lace up your shoes and hit the ground for a great cause all while celebrating Dad. The annual Dad’s Day 5K helps benefit prostate cancer awareness and research with a timed 5K, a 3K family run/walk, and kids 1K event. Registration prices start at $30. 7:45am.
- Dads, Dinos, and Donuts at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, June 15 – Spend the morning with Dad while you enjoy breakfast donuts. Then move on to meeting a life-size dinosaur, creating a dinosaur hat, and Father’s Day art project for this exclusive event. Tickets are $5 plus general admission for nonmembers; $5 for members; free for members who are fathers. Registration is required. 8am to 9:30am.
- Juneteenth Celebrations Around Houston | Saturday, June 15 – Commemorate the 154th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation with a variety of Juneteenth celebrations around Houston, including parades, family-friendly festivals, concerts and more. Prices, times, and locations vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).