Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 12 to Sunday, June 16, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Latin Restaurant Weeks at Select Houston Restaurants | Daily – Latin Restaurant Weeks is a two-week culinary series celebrating Houston’s Latin and Hispanic restaurants featuring a series of signature events and special prix-fixe lunches and dinners at more than 25 participating restaurants. Restaurants will offer special prix-fixe meals, casual lunch and upscale dinner menu options, that range from ranging from $15 to $50. Times vary.
- 2019 LGBTQ+ Pride Events Around Houston | Friday to Sunday – Celebrate Houston Pride 2019 with a variety of events, including film screenings, parades, parties, brunches, and concerts all weekend long. Times, locations, and prices vary.
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Grand Marshal Reception at Hamburger Mary’s | No Cover – Honor the 2019 Grand Marshal’s at the Official Pride’s reception at Hamburger Mary’s. 6pm to 9pm.
- Latin Restaurant Weeks: ¡ Sabor! Catering & Bartending Showcase at Big Brothers, Big Sisters – Latin Restaurant Weeks hosts ¡ Sabor! Catering Showcase at Big Brothers, Big Sisters new headquarters overlooking Downtown. The event will showcase delicious tastings from 20 Latin catering companies and restaurants, emceed by DJ Geraldo of Mega 101 FM. Presented by El Jimador Tequila, attendees will enjoy unlimited food samples, a cash bar, live music, dancing, and more in a vibrant and fun atmosphere. Tickets are $40 general admission; $65 VIP. 6pm to 10pm.
- DIY Downtown: Terrarium Building at Saint Arnold Brewing Company – Unleash your inner crafter and use plants, vessels, rocks, sand, soil, and cute embellishments to make a modern and hip terrarium at Saint Arnold Brewing Company. Tickets are $36. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Anberlin in Concert at House of Blues – The alternative rock band, Anberlin, performs live at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $28.50. 7pm.
- Geographer in Concert at Warehouse Live – Catch a set from the synth and indie-pop band, Geographer, at Warehouse Live. Manatee Commune opens the show. Tickets start at $13. 7pm.
- Karaoke & Songs for Suds at The West End – A Public House | No Cover – Sing your heart out at Karaoke & Songs for Suds, a karaoke event where you get a beer when you sing one song at The West End – A Public House. Only one song per person. 9:30pm.
Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Texas Noise and Ambience at CAMH | FREE – In conjunction with the exhibition Stonewall 50, Texas Noise and Ambience will feature a variety of artists thinking about the body, queer issues, love, sexuality, and more. The line-up includes Emilý Æyer, Rebecca Novak, S Rodriguez, Francine Thirteen, and Gunther Zecena. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Yacht Rock Revue in Concert at House of Blues – Yacht Rock Revue, a tribute to ‘70s light rock, performs live at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $15. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Thursday Concerts: Ray Wylie Hubbard at Discovery Green | FREE – Discovery Green presents a weekly series of family-friendly concerts that showcase the best music of the Gulf Coast. This week features the Ray Wylie Hubbard, known as the “songwriter’s songwriter” and an elder statesman of the Texas music scene. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Bob Schneider in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Watch a set from the Texas-based singer-songwriter, Bob Scheider, at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets start at $28. There will be a show at 7pm and 9:30pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Rad City Thursdays at Present Company | No Cover – Jam out to nothing but ’80s tunes when DJ Fredster spings at the Montrose bar, Present Company. 9pm.
Friday, June 14, 2019
- Beats & Eats at Midtown Park | No Cover – Start your second Friday with a live set from Eimaral Sol and tunes courtesy of Dj Mav at Midtown Park. Nosh on delicious food from Zansét Catering. Cool off with boozy (and non-boozy) treats from KICPOPS. 6pm to 9pm.
- Josh Ritter & The Royal City Band in Concert at The Heights Theater – Josh Ritter takes the stage to performs songs off of his latest release, Fever Breaks, at The Heights Theater. Amanda Shires opens the show. Tickets start at $23. 7pm.
- St. Joe’s Unplugged: Josh Grider & Drew Kennedy Acoustic Concert at the 1859 St. Joseph’s Church – Galveston’s historic, pre-Civil War wood frame church hosts a completely unplugged and acoustic concert by the acclaimed singer-songwriters, Josh Grider and Drew Kennedy. The pair will be showcasing their new album, Josh Grider and Drew Kennedy Live From Main Street Crossing. $15. 7pm.
- Hootie & The Blowfish in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The alternative rock band, Hootie & The Blowfish, take the stage at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for their “Group Therapy Tour.” Barenaked Ladies open the show. Tickets start at $29. 7:30pm.
- Book of Love in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The ’80s electronic and synth-pop band, Book of Love, performs live at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $35. 8pm.
- Crazy Rich Asians Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Watch an outdoor screening of the romantic comedy, Crazy Rich Asians at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm to 11pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie, and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
Saturday, June 15, 2019
- Juneteenth Celebrations Around Houston | Saturday, June 15 – Commemorate the 154th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation with a variety of Juneteenth celebrations around Houston, including parades, family-friendly festivals, concerts and more. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Baewatch x Salvation: Official Pride Pool Party at Clé Houston – Head over to Clé Houston in Midtown for Baewatch x Salvation, the official pool party of the Houston LGBT Pride Celebration. The party will feature LGBTQIA+ DJs, hosts, and entertainers. Tickets start at $30. 2pm to 8pm.
- Local Brews, Local Grooves at House of Blues Houston – Head to Downtown’s House of Blues to celebrate craft beer and music at this day-long annual event, with over 40 beer selections from local Houston breweries, delectable pub fare pairings and a highly curated, diverse music lineup of some of Houston’s favorite local bands and DJs. Tickets and packages start at $15. 2:30pm.
- Hennything HTX at Bayou City Event Center – Come thirsty to celebrate the world’s most popular Cognac at “Hennything HTX.” The day will feature live entertainment including local bands, DJs, vendors, and interactive games, plus food, beer, spirits, and of course, all your favorite Henny concoctions. Tickets start at $10 for early bird general admission. 3pm to 11pm.
- Pride Art Show 2019 at The Hardy & Nance Studios | No Cover – The Hardy & Nance Studios presents the Pride Art Show, an exhibition that celebrates the LGBTQ community. 5pm to 9pm.
- Celebrate Summer Bike Night at Republic Harley-Davidson | FREE – Republic Harley-Davidson in Stafford hosts the Celebrate Summer Bike Night during Father’s Day Weekend, with live music from the ZZ Top Tribute Band Trio Grande, a stunt show by 1 Wheel Revolution, food from The Pub Fountains, and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- Latin Restaurant Weeks: La Sorpresa Pop-Up Dinner at an Undisclosed Location – Latin Restaurant Weeks hosts La Sorpresa Pop-Up Dinner, its signature intimate an elevated dining experience in a secret location. This one-of-a-kind pop-up dinner features a five-course Latin-American feast curated by Chef CJ Dilan from Sofrito Houston, with craft cocktail pairings with Chivas blended scotch whiskey. Ticket are $125. 6pm to 10pm.
- Weird Al Yankovic in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Sing along and have a laugh when comedian and musical satirist, Weird Al Yankovic performs at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $34.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- Wild Moccasins present Lavender Hour, with Mind Shrine, at Satellite Bar – Wild Moccasins’ Lavender Hour series features the local Houston band performing back-to-back with some of their favorite acts. This edition will feature a performance by Houston-based Mind Shrine and another by Wild Moccasins, followed by a DJ set from Wild Moccasins for the rest of the evening. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
Father’s Day, Sunday, June 16, 2019
- Father’s Day & Summer Kickoff Party at Decant Urban Winery | No Cover – The Garden Oaks winery is throwing a party to champion dad and the start of the summer season with vino, wine cocktails, live music, shrimp and steak plates, and cornhole. Kids and dogs (on a leash) are welcome. 2pm to 8pm.
- SPA presents An Evening with John Cusack featuring a Say Anything Movie Screening at Jones Hall – Society for the Performing Arts hosts a screening of the classic 1989 comedy/drama Say Anything, with star John Cusack, followed by a live conversation regarding his career and the making of the film. Attendees will get the opportunity to experience a moderated discussion, with Cusack answering audience questions as well. Tickets start at $39.50. 4pm.
- John Digweed at Stereo Live Houston – The EDM DJ John Digweed performs an energetic set at Stereo Live Houston. Tickets are $20. 6pm to 10pm.
- Great Good Fine OK in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The NYC synth-pop duo, Great Good Fine OK, performs live at White Oak Music Hall. Vesperteen opens the show. Tickets are $14. 7pm.
- Machine Gun Kelly in Concert at Revention Music Center – The rapper, Machine Gun Kelly takes the stage at Revention Music Center for his “Hotel Diablo World Tour” in Downtown. Tickets are $30. Doors at 8pm; show at 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).