Celebrate Houston Pride 2019 with more than a week’s worth of events, parties, celebrations, and activities lasting until Sunday, June 23, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
Every year, Houston’s Gay Pride celebrations get bigger, with the official week spanning the second half of June.
This year, the official party remains firmly relocated from its spiritual home in Montrose to the big city streets of Downtown. The official Houston Pride Festival will be held at Hermann Square Park, in front of City Hall, while the evening parade follows it in Downtown.
With attendance at the main event surpassing 500,000 and expected to grow this year.
We’ve pulled together a list of the main events to keep you busy just about every night through the end of June.
Pride Houston 2019 Events & Festivities
- Rumba with Pride: Official Pride LatinX Night at Crystal Nightclub | Friday, June 7 – Dance to merengue, salsa, and more as Pride Houston, Inc hosts a LatinX night for all at Crystal Nightclub, Houston’s long-standing Latino dance club that regularly draws a diverse LGBTQ crowd. Cover charge is $10. 9pm.
- The Queens of the City at Hamburger Mary’s | Saturday, June 8 – Pride Houston and Hamburger Mary’s Houston presents The Queens of the City show featuring some of Houston’s own drag queens. Enjoy performances by Lindsay LaRue, Roofie Dubois, Porsche Paris, Reign, Alexyeus Paris, and Blackberri. Cover charge at the door.
- FamBoys 2019 Houston Pride Party at The Secret Group | Friday, June 14 | No Cover – FamBoys presents it’s 2019 Houston Pride event featuring sets by international DJ and producer DrewG of DirtyPop and special guest DJ Melle Mel. All proceeds from this fundraiser will benefit Tony’s Place, Houston’s only resource for LGBT homeless youth. 8pm.
- Baewatch x Salvation: Official Pride Pool Party at Clé Houston | Saturday, June 15 – Head over to Clé Houston in Midtown for Baewatch x Salvation, the official pool party of the Houston LGBT Pride Celebration. The party will feature LGBTQIA+ DJs, hosts, and entertainers. Tickets start at $30. 2pm to 8pm.
- Pride Art Show 2019 at The Hardy & Nance Studios | Saturday, June 15 | No Cover – The Hardy & Nance Studios presents the Pride Art Show, an exhibition that celebrates the LGBTQ community. 5pm to 9pm.
- Gay Men’s Chorus of Houston: 40th Anniversary Celebration at Resurrection Metropolitan Community Church | Saturday, June 15 – The Gay Men’s Chorus of Houston presents their 40th Anniversary Celebration and concert. Started as The Montrose Singers in 1979, GMCH has been continuously performing for 40 years, making us one of the oldest gay men’s choruses in the United States. Tickets are $20; $10 for children 12 and under. 7pm to 10pm.
- Wonderland Houston Party at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, June 15 – Pride Houston hosts their annual Wonderland Houston Party, Houston’s premier gay and queer male themed-event. This year you can dance the night away in your space-themed outfits as the theme is Apollo: Party on the Moon. Tickets range from $30 to $90. 9pm.
- Feel My Pride: From My Root Pride Brunch at The Ballroom at Bayou Place | Sunday, June 16 | No Cover – Join Houston Pride, Impulse Houston, and The T.R.U.T.H. Project and celebrate life, family, and triumph over brunch and bottomless mimosas. The Sunday brunch features art, live music, and more. Noon to 4pm.
- Open Studio: Text Portraits at CAMH | Thursday, June 20 | FREE – Explore the use of text from handwritten notes, stickers, and magazines to create a portrait inspired by works in the exhibition Stonewall 50 at the Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston. 3pm to 4pm.
- Official Pride Fashion Show: Rock the Runway at Naylor Street Sharespace | Thursday, June 20 | No Cover – Pride Houston hosts their annual Rock the Runway fashion show featuring the latest fashions in ladies evening wear, and plenty of avant-garde statements at Naylor Street Sharespace. VIP reception from 7pm to 8pm; doors open at 8pm.
- Rainbow on the Green at Discovery Green | Friday, June 21 | FREE – Celebrate Pride at the family-friendly annual city-wide LGBT celebration at Discovery Green with electrifying entertainment by Chad Michaels and OneUp, along with some of Houston’s best drag performers. 7pm to 10pm.
- Pride Houston: Eden at Pearl Bar | Friday, June 21 – The girls of Houston’s LGBT community are the focus of the Eden event for this official Pride party that welcomes everyone. There will be DJs, plenty of dancing, drinks and more. Tickets are $10. 7pm.
- Midnight Madness: To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar at River Oaks Theatre | Friday, June 21 – Have a laugh when River Oaks Theatre hosts a special midnight screening of the flamboyant comedy, To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar. Tickets range from $8.25 to $11.25. Midnight.
- 2019 Houston LGBT Pride Celebration in Downtown | Saturday, June 22 | FREE – Join more than 500,000 people in Downtown to show your LGBT Pride at an all-day celebration that includes a festival, parade, and plenty of after parties. Noon.
- Houston LGBT Pride Official Afterparty at Rich’s Houston | Saturday, June 22 – The Official Afterparty of Houston Pride will feature a set from the LA-based DJ Roland Belmares as well as drag performances at Rich’s Houston. Tickets range from $10 to $20. 9pm.
- The Tea Dance: Official Pride Closing Party at Eagle Houston | Sunday, June 23 – End Houston Pride Month as Eagle Houston in Montrose hosts the Official Pride Closing Party, The Tea Dance. Cover charge at the door. 4pm.
- The Long Island Boys: Pride Edition at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar | Sunday, June 23 – Prohibition Theatre’s and Terrible Enfants Theatre Company’s monthly ““boy-lesque” show takes on a Pride-spin for a special a June performance. $25, but limited discounted $10 tickets are usually available. 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).