Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
This booming commercial district boasts a bevy of restaurants, boutiques, and thriving businesses, including places to quench your thirst and get a taste of nightlife:
The Best Bars in Greenway & Upper Kirby
- Beckrew Wine House – Head to this chic wine bar for unique selections and flights featuring small vineyard choices, plus espresso, small plates, and pizzas perfect for sharing. Look out for wine tastings and other fun events on Facebook. Click here for directions.
- The Cellar Bar – This low-key watering hole rocks pool, dart, foosball, flatscreens, video games, and a lineup of craft beer and cocktails. Though it doesn’t have a full kitchen, you will find 12” bar pies served every night until 1am. Check out Freebie Fridays, when bar games are free all night long. Click here for directions.
- Kirby Ice House – With food trucks in the sprawling 1-acre yard, a huge indoor space for hotter days, and a hip, 23-and-up crowd, this neighborhood ice house is one of the most chill hangouts in town. Beer fans will find 51 taps, alongside a selection of wine, high-end bourbon and whiskeys, craft cocktails and more. Look out for a lineup of daily specials, events, and food trucks. Click here for directions.
- McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Established in 1990, McGonigel’s Mucky Duck is the spot for live music in the ‘hood, with a lineup of country, rock, and Americana acts from near and far alongside Irish whiskey and pub snacks. Click here for directions.
- Velvet Melvin Pub – This local dive and sports bar is as unpretentious as it gets, rocking fun happenings like Steak Night, “You Call It” Thursdays, and happy hour every day until 9pm. Spend a late night playing darts or billiards with a few cold ones and some nachos for good measure. Click here for directions.
- Sonoma Wine Bar – Rotating wines by the glass and bottle, wine flights, craft beers, small bites, pizzas, and cheese and charcuterie, and a covered pup-friendly patio are all a part of the fun at this California-inspired wine bar. Be sure to check out upcoming events, from Wine and Cheese 101 parties to Wine Tastings and half-price pizzas. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in Greenway & Upper Kirby
Cozy up with a pint at McElroy’s Pub; enjoy wine and shareable plates at Oporto Café and CRÚ Food & Wine Bar; get live music, booze, and late-night pies at Capone’s Oven & Bar and party on at Dino’s Den; unwind over martinis at The Davenport Lounge; and fill up on pints and po’boys at BB’s Tex-Orleans.