Show love and appreciation for your dad this Father’s Day by treating him to a show, a baseball game, or spending time at one of his favorite places.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
Whether you’re packing your day full of activities that he loves, or planning to have brunch before he takes the rest of the day to play golf, scroll down to see our list of things to do this Father’s Day weekend in Houston from Friday, June 14 to Father’s Day, Sunday, June 16, 2019.
Things to Do in Houston for Father’s Day 2019
All Weekend Long
- Houston Astros vs. Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park | Friday to Sunday – Cheer on the ‘Stros as they play against the Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park. Tickets range from $15 to over $150, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
Friday, June 14, 2019
- Science and Cinema: Godzilla Movie Screening at the Houston Museum of Natural Science – Watch a special screening of the original Godzilla and then was HMNS’ own “Jurassic James” E. Washington, III as he explores the science fact and fiction of Godzilla. Tickets are $16. 6:30pm.
- Hootie & The Blowfish in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The alternative rock band, Hootie & The Blowfish, take the stage at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for their “Group Therapy Tour.” Barenaked Ladies open the show. Tickets start at $29. 7:30pm.
- Crazy Rich Asians Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Bring out the family for a relaxing outdoor screening of the romantic comedy, Crazy Rich Asians at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm to 11pm.
Saturday, June 15, 2019
- Dads, Dinos, & Donuts at The Woodlands Children’s Museum – Bring out the family for breakfast donuts and meet a life-size dinosaur, create a dinosaur hat and Father’s Day art project at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Tickets are $5, plus general admission for non-members; $5 for members; free for members who are fathers. 8am to 9:30am.
- 2019 Houston Food Fest at Midtown Park – Guests can expect food from over 70 different food vendors from Houston, Austin, and other nearby cities at the 2019 Houston Food Fest. Nosh on everything from tacos and gumbo to ice cream and vegan burgers while enjoying live music and fun activities. Tickets for early birds are $5. Noon to 10pm.
- Local Brews, Local Grooves at House of Blues Houston – Take Dad out to House of Blues in Downtown to celebrate craft beer and music at this day-long annual event, with over 40 beer selections from local Houston breweries, delectable pub fare pairings, and a highly curated, diverse music lineup of some of Houston’s favorite local bands and DJs. Tickets and packages start at $15. 2:30pm.
- Celebrate Summer Bike Night at Republic Harley-Davidson | FREE – Republic Harley-Davidson in Stafford hosts the Celebrate Summer Bike Night during Father’s Day Weekend, with live music from the ZZ Top Tribute Band Trio Grande, a stunt show by 1 Wheel Revolution, food from The Pub Fountains and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- Aperio presents Philip Glass: Aguas da Amazonia at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Aperio, Music of the Americas, presents Philip Glass’ colorful Aguas da Amazonia for chamber orchestra at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm.
Father’s Day, Sunday, June 16, 2019
- Father’s Day Breakfast at Hermann Park – Celebrate Father’s Day with a scenic Father’s Day breakfast on Pinewood Cafe’s patio overlooking serene McGovern Lake at Hermann Park. Continue the fun with a ride on the Hermann Park Railroad, a fun arts and craft activity, and pedal boat ride. Tickets are TBA. 8:30am to 10am.
- Father’s Day Car Show and Concert at Traders Village – Traders Village hosts their 3rd Annual Father’s Day Out Concert and Car show. The family-friendly event will feature many makes and models for the car show and a live concert. This event is free to attend, but parking is $4. 9am to 5pm.
- Father’s Day Brunch at Buffalo Soldier National Museum – Buffalo Soldier National Museum hosts a Father’s Day brunch where you can expect live music, food, health vendors, a cigar vendor, a car/motorcycle showcase and more. Tickets are $60 for adults; $30 for children. There will be a brunch at 10am and 1pm.
- Father’s Day Brunch at Hotel Galvez & Spa – In honor of Father’s Day and to celebrate dad’s favorite beverage, Hotel Galvez in Galveston treats Dads to a complimentary glass of Galveston Island Brewing’s Tiki Wheat craft beer with Sunday Brunch. 11am to 2pm.
- Father’s Day Barbecue Feast at City Acre Brewing Co. – Bring your Pop over to City Acre Brewing Co. for the annual Father’s Day Barbecue Feast featuring beer cocktails, bbq, micheladas, yard games and more. Tickets are $18.95. 11am to 5pm.
- Father’s Day at Bayou Bend – Explore the beautiful grounds and house in the heart of Houston’s historic River Oaks district, Bayou Bend, for Father’s Day. Relax with complimentary lemonade and refreshments on the home’s north terrace while enjoying a variety of games and pastimes from America’s history on the lawn, including quoits, ladder toss, shuttlecock, and graces. Fathers and grandfathers receive complimentary admission. 1pm to 5pm.
- Father’s Day & Summer Kickoff Party at Decant Urban Winery | No Cover – The Garden Oaks winery is throwing a party to champion dad and the start of the summer season with vino, wine cocktails, live music, shrimp and steak plates, and cornhole. Kids and dogs (on a leash) are welcome. 2pm to 8pm.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. New Britain Bees at Constellation Field – Close out Father’s Day in the evening with a beer mug giveaway to first 2,000 fans in attendance as the Skeeters take on the New Britain Bees. Tickets range from $8 to $45. 6:05pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).