Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, June 3 to Sunday, June 9, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
Network with more than 20,000 attendees of the Texas Black Expo in George R. Brown; listen to the music of Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra when the Houston Symphony performs a slew of jazz hits; root for the home team as the Astros take on the Orioles at Minute Maid; strike Instagram gold at the Galleria’s new FOMO pop up; see Texas Monthly’s live production; and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Wine & Food Week in The Woodlands | Daily – Wine and dine your way through The Woodlands at this week-long festival that features more than 500 wines, 75 chefs, and scores of food- and drink-centric events. Highlights include the H-E-B Wine Walk; Sips, Suds & Tacos; and the Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- SPA presents Chicago: The Musical at Jones Hall | Tuesday, June 4 to Sunday, June 9 – Jazz up your weekend with a performance of Broadway’s longest-running American musical, Chicago, when the Society for the Performing Arts brings the Tony-Award winning production to Jones Hall. Tickets start at $35. Showtimes vary.
- Texas Black Expo at George R. Brown Convention Center | Thursday, June 6 to Sunday, June 9 – Join 20,000 attendees from Texas and beyond at the largest African American consumer trade show and festival in the south. The annual event boasts celebrity entertainers, influential speakers, business seminars, health and wellness exhibits, hair shows, women’s forums, concerts and more. Ticket prices vary. Times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles at Minute Maid Park | Friday, June 7 to Sunday, June 9 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Orioles in three home games at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Times vary.
- Paper Couture Opening Day at The Printing Museum | Friday, June 7 – Scope out a collection of full-sized, paper-based fashions created by origami artist Joan Son at Paper Couture. Drawing inspiration from her original paper doll dress designs from the late ‘50s, Son uses an arsenal of paper techniques to create retro-inspired sculptures that honor both the past and present. $5. 10am.
- The FOMO Factory Opening at The Galleria | Friday, June 7 – Be the first to check out this immersive, playful pop-up experience that aims to bring out your inner child. Located in The Galleria for a limited time, the FOMO Factory features 17 rooms of tastes, sounds, and smells that’ll take you back to iconic moments ranging from the playground to the school dance. $28. 10am to 9pm.
- Texas Monthly Live at Wortham Theater Center | Friday, June 7– Experience a live issue of Texas Monthly magazine reimagined as a theatrical performance with music, video, and narration during Texas Monthly Live at Wortham Theater Center. Tickets start at $34, but $20 tickets are available with promocode TMFAMILY. 7pm.
- Jazz on Film at MFAH | Friday, June 7 and Saturday, June 8 – Discover the intersection between jazz music and cinema at MFAH’s annual celebration, Jazz on Film. The three-week event features a lineup of screenings centered around this year’s focus of 1959, a pivotal year in jazz and film. Tickets are $9 per movie; $7 for MFAH members and ages 65 and up. Times vary.
- Texas Tacos, Tequila & Music Festival at Preservation Park | Saturday, June 8 – Come hungry to the Texas Tacos, Tequila & Music Festival in Old Town Spring, where more than 30 vendors will serve up tacos, tequila, and margaritas throughout the day. Along with Lucia Libra live wrestling, mariachis, street performers, and a kids zone, you can also enjoy a full lineup of live music, featuring local favorites The Suffers, Baby Bash, Los Lonely Boys and more. Tickets start at $10 through May 23, then increase to $15. Noon to 11:30pm.
- 25th Anniversary Party at Saint Arnold Brewery | Saturday, June 8 | FREE – Celebrate Saint Arnold Brewery’s 25th anniversary with live music, art cars, shopping, entertainment, mariachis, face-painting and more, both in the Beer Garden & Restaurant and inside the Beer Hall. Upgrade to VIP to receive a commemorative glass, four beers from the seasonal lineup, a buffet dinner with a birthday cake, and covered seating with access to additional restrooms. 3pm to 10pm.
- Houston Symphony: An Evening with Frank Sinatra & Ella Fitzgerald at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, June 8 | FREE – Bask in the music of Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald when the Houston Symphony performs a section of songs by two of the most influential jazz performers in history. 8pm.
- USPA NYTS Tournament Final at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, June 9 – Watch from the stands as four polo teams compete in the USPA NYTS Tournament Final at the Houston Polo Club. You can also expect live music, door prizes, concessions from Ruth’s Chris, and a Champagne divot stomp. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).