Rally the home teams along at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, June 3 through Sunday, June 9, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
This week is all about goings-on at Minute Maid Park, with droids, giveaways, and a birthday celebration for the high-flying ‘Stros.
A beach party in Galveston and a cap to the polo spring season rounds out the first full week of June.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles at Minute Maid Park | Friday, June 7 – It’s Star Wars Night at the ballpark and you’ll find many beloved characters from a galaxy far, far away roaming the concourse, a special themed fireworks display, and the opportunity to take home a t-shirt or bobblehead with a ticket upgrade. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site.
- School’s Out Beach Party at East Beach in Galveston | Saturday, June 8 – The Gulf Coast Volleyball Association is hosting a beach party featuring sand volleyball tournaments for multiple divisions as well as ultimate frisbee and sand soccer tournaments taking place nearby on East Beach. Entry is $25 per person; $50 per team. Check-in begins at 8:30am with games to follow at 9am.
- Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, June 8 – The first 15,000 fans through the gates of the ballpark will receive a Jose Altuve replica navy jersey for this matchup against a lagging Orioles squad. Tickets range from $20 to $148, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 3:10pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, June 9 – It’s Orbit’s birthday at Minute Maid Park and a pre-game party with mascots from other Houston teams and around Major League Baseball makes for a special way to celebrate. Face painting, caricatures, and complimentary snacks and drinks are available with a $35 ticket add-on that can be purchased here. Tickets to the game range from $15 to over $150, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 1:10pm.
- UPSA NYTS Tournament at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, June 9 – The spring season comes to a close with an exciting doubleheader, with an opportunity to meet the players and USPA representatives. Live music and the traditional champagne divot stomp at halftime make this a grand way to wrap up another polo season. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; grandstand seats range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).