Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 5 to Sunday, June 9, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Comedian Steve-O at Houston Improv | Friday and Saturday – Laugh it up when the actor, stand-up comedian, and stunt performer, Steve-O performs live at Houston Improv. Best known for his ridiculous antics on Jackass, Steve-O brings it absurdist and extreme humor to Houston. Tickets range from $25 to $50. Times vary.
- 2019 LGBT Pride Events Around Houston | Friday and Saturday – Celebrate Houston Pride 2019 with a variety of events, including film screenings, parades, parties, brunches, and concerts all weekend long. Times, locations, and prices vary.
- Flea at Silver Street: Summer Edition at Silver Street Studios | Saturday and Sunday – Houston’s beloved seasonal pet-friendly pop-up market and social experience returns for the summer, and just in time for Dad’s Day. The market features one-of-a-kind collectibles, fashion, jewelry, vintage, art, mid-century modern furniture, original designs, home goods, local food vendors, candles, more artisan products, and a full bar. $5. Times vary.
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
- Anthony Bourdain Tribute Dinner at The Dunlavy – As a tribute to Bourdain and in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month in May, The Dunlavy team will host a dinner benefiting the local non-profit, Nick Finnegan Counseling Center. The Anthony Bourdain Tribute Dinner will feature a cocktail hour and five-courses with pairings inspired by the chef. Tickets are $100. 6:30pm.
- Julia Jacklin in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The Australian singer-songwriter, Julia Jacklin, performs live at White Oak Music Hall. Black Belt Eagle Scout opens the show. Tickets start at $13. 7pm.
- Bingo Night at Little Woodrow’s Rice Village | No Cover – Little Woodrow’s bar in Rice Village hosts a Bingo Night featuring prizes, drinks, and food every Wednesday throughout the summer. 8pm.
- Karaoke & Songs for Suds at The West End – A Public House | No Cover – Sing your heart out at Karaoke & Songs for Suds, a karaoke event where you get a beer when you sing one song at The West End – A Public House. Only one song per person. 9:30pm.
Thursday, June 6, 2019
- First Thursday at Mid Main – Browse an art garden and market, listen to live music by a Selena tribute band, and sip drinks from Deep Eddy Vodka and Saint Arnold Brewing Co during the First Thursday celebration at Mid Main. Suggested donation of $5. 6pm.
- Bingo Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Try your luck for a chance to win prizes at Under the Radar Brewery’s Bingo Night in their beer garden. 7pm.
- Thursday Concerts: Marshall Crenshaw at Discovery Green | FREE – Discovery Green presents a weekly series of family-friendly concerts that showcase the best music of the Gulf Coast. This week features the smart pop and roots rock of Marshall Crenshaw. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Sing! Thursdays at Hamburger Mary’s – Participate in Sing!, an interactive show that comes complete with audience games, drag performances, and a side of karaoke at Hamburger Mary’s. A $5 per person entertainment fee is added to the guest check. 7:30pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- ABBA Tribute Band ABBARAMA at House of Blues – See young young musicians from Sweden, UK, and the U.S. in a high energy tribute to ABBA. $15, but limited comped (you only pay the ticketing fees) tickets are available for this show. 8pm
- Juice WRLD’s Death Race For Love Tour at Revention Music Center – Best known by the stage name Juice Wrld, American rapper Jarad Higgins brings his “Death Race for Love Tour” to Revention Music Center in Downtown. Ski Mask the Slump God opens. Tickets start at $88.50. 7pm.
- Betty Who in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Dance it out to the poppy tunes of Betty Who, known for hits like “Somebody Loves You,” “Ignore Me,” and a revitalized rendition of Donna Lewis’ “I Love You Always Forever.” Tickets start at $21, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
Friday, June 7, 2019
- Opening Reception of Joan Son: Paper Couture at The Printing Museum | FREE – Enjoy an opening reception for the exhibition, Paper Couture, an installation of retro-inspired fashions by origami artist, Joan Son at The Printing Museum. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Texas Monthly Live at Wortham Theater Center – Experience a live issue of Texas Monthly magazine reimagined as a theatrical performance with music, video, and narration during Texas Monthly Live at Wortham Theater Center. Tickets start at $34. 7pm.
- LANY in Concert at Revention Music Center – Hailing from Los Angeles, indie pop band LANY performs live at Revention Music Center in Downtown. Tickets start at $30. 8pm.
- Grunge Fest Tribute Concert with Pearl Gem, Nervana, Alyson Chayns & Rusted Cage at House of Blues – House of Blues hosts Grunge Fest, featuring four bands paying tribute to four of the greatest bands of the grunge era—Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Soundgarden. Performing tribute bands are Pearl Gem, Nervana, Alyson Chayns, and Rusted Cage, respectively. Tickets are $15, but limited comped (you only pay the ticketing fee) tickets are available. 8pm.
- The Industrial Evolution Fashion Show at the Other Silo – When Worlds Collide Fashion presents an outdoor fashion show and party themed to the Industrial Revolution at the Other Silo, with its original brick walls, exposed iron ducts and metal beams. The show will feature the work of designers Nicholas Nguyen for Mysterious by NPN, Tomas Benitez, and Angel Phan. Tickets are $40. 8:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Karaoke Night at Saint Dane’s Bar & Grille | No Cover – Sing your heart out while enjoying $.50 cent drinks at Karaoke Night at Saint Dane’s Bar & Grille. 9:30pm.
- Ben Nicky at Spire Houston – Ben Nicky, a DJ from the UK known for spinning trance, bounce, and dance music, performs at the Spire Houston nightclub in Downtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
Saturday, June 8, 2019
- Texas Tacos, Tequila & Music Festival at Preservation Park – The Texas Tacos, Tequila & Music Festival takes over Preservation Park in Old Town Spring, with more than 30 beloved taco vendors, Tequila tastings, handcrafted margaritas, and live music. The concert lineup includes local favorites The Suffers headlining, plus Baby Bash, Los Lonely Boys, and more. Tickets start at $10. Noon to 11:30pm.
- 25th Anniversary Party at Saint Arnold Brewery | No Cover – Celebrate Saint Arnold Brewery’s 25th anniversary with live music, art cars, shopping, entertainment, mariachis, face-painting and more, in the beer garden, restaurant, and inside the Beer Hall. 3pm to 10pm.
- Pat Green in Concert at The Rustic – Watch a live set from the country legend, Pat Green, at The Rustic. Mason Lively opens the show. Tickets for this show are sold out. 5pm to 11pm.
- Aly & AJ in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Rock out to the pop sister-duo Aly and AJ when they perform live downstairs at White Oak Music Hall. Arrive early to catch the opening act, Armors. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Folk Family Revival in Concert at The Heights Theater – Texas band, Folk Family Revival hosts an album release show for their latest record, Electric Darlin, at The Heights Theater. John Evans Band opens the show. Tickets range from $18 to $28. 7pm.
Sunday, June 9, 2019
- Flea at Silver Street at Silver Street Studios – Beat the heat while shopping local vendors, and enjoying tasty eats with a full bar at this indoor, curated market at Silver Street Studios. You’ll find a variety of vendors offering one-of-a-kind collectibles, jewelry, vintage finds, art, mid-century modern furniture, original designs and more. Tickets are $5. 10am to 5pm.
- Second Sunday Revival at Market Square Park | No Cover – Sip Bloody Marys while jamming out to live brass music when Market Square Park hosts another edition of its new summer series, Second Sunday Revival. Noon.
- Tchami & Dombresky at Clé Houston – The house music DJ, Tchami headlines with special guest opener DJ Dombresky for the Summer Sessions series at Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $20. 2pm to 8pm.
- USPA NYTS Tournament Final at Houston Polo Club – The four final teams battle for control of the ball, the win, and an extra special trophy. Expect live music, a Champagne divot stomp, and door prizes. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
- Houston Singles Event at Decatur Bar & Pop Up Factory – Meet other Houston singles while enjoying appetizers, door prizes, a cash bar and more at Decatur Bar & Pop Up Bar. Tickets are $15 per person. 6pm to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).