Make the most of your month with our list of 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during June 2019.
Also in June 2019
Happening This Week
No need to fear the summer heat—we’ve rounded up a full list of activities to serve as the perfect distraction from our beloved city’s rising temperatures. And with a month full of events ranging from powerhouse concerts and Broadway musicals to local celebrations and culinary events, this summer could be one for the books.
Shout “cheers” to 25 years of craft beer from Saint Arnold; dress up in cosplay for a three-day event dedicated to Japanese arts and culture; show your LGBT pride at a massive celebration in Downtown; bust out your Hawaiian garb for a Jimmy Buffett concert; jam out at an epic concert by Jenny from the Block and more.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of June.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston This Month: June 2019
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, June 1 – Gather your fellow parrotheads for a live show by the iconic songster, Jimmy Buffett, when he and his band perform at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $46, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- SPA presents Chicago: The Musical at Jones Hall | Tuesday, June 4 to Sunday, June 9 – Jazz up your evening with a performance of Broadway’s longest-running American musical, Chicago, when the Society for the Performing Arts brings the Tony-Award winning production to Jones Hall. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Wine & Food Week in The Woodlands | Monday, June 3 to Sunday, June 9 – Wine and dine your way through The Woodlands at this week-long festival that features more than 500 wines, 75 chefs, and scores of food- and drink-centric events. Highlights include the H-E-B Wine Walk; Sips, Suds & Tacos; and the Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- 25th Anniversary Party at Saint Arnold Brewery | Saturday, June 8 | FREE – Celebrate Saint Arnold Brewery’s 25th anniversary with live music, art cars, shopping, entertainment, mariachis, face-painting and more, both in the Beer Garden & Restaurant and inside the Beer Hall. Upgrade to VIP to receive a commemorative glass, four beers from the seasonal lineup, a buffet dinner with a birthday cake, and covered seating. 3pm to 10pm.
- Anime Matsuri 2019 at George R. Brown Convention Center | Thursday, June 13 to Sunday, June 16 – Bring your cosplay A-game while joining tens of thousands of artists, enthusiasts, music-lovers, fashionistas, gamers, collectors, and animators for Anime Matsuri 2019 at George R. Brown Convention Center. The massive, four-day event promotes Japanese culture through its variety of panels, workshops, car shows, fashion shows, concerts, and contests. Tickets start at $80 online; $85 at the door, plus fees. Times vary.
- Virtual Reality in Concert: Music Illustrated at Jones Hall for the Performing Arts | Friday, June 14 – The Houston Symphony joins dancer Topher Sipes for a unique performance where Sipes works his kinetic and choreographic magic to a string of well-known classical pieces in real time. Tickets start at $29. 7:30pm.
- Local Brews, Local Grooves at House of Blues | Saturday, June 15 – Check out some of Houston’s hottest musical talent while sipping local craft beer when House of Blues hosts the Local Brews, Local Grooves beer and music festival. Featuring more than 20 local breweries and 16 music groups and DJs, the festival will also offer beer-inspired pub food pairings throughout the day. Tickets start at $15. 2:30pm.
- Juneteenth Celebrations Around Houston | Saturday, June 15 to Wednesday, June 19 – Commemorate the 154th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation with a variety of Juneteenth celebrations around Houston, including parades, family-friendly festivals, concerts, and more. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, June 16 – Treat dad to a day at the ballpark this Father’s Day, as the Astros take on the Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park. Upgrade your tickets and head home with a special jersey, or arrive early to receive an Astros-themed Hawaiian shirt. Tickets start at $15, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 1:10pm.
- Hugh Jackman in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, June 18 – Marvel at the talents of the Academy Award-nominated, Golden Globe- and Tony Award-winning performer, Hugh Jackman, during his first-ever world tour, which includes a stop at Houston’s Toyota Center. Expect to hear hits from The Greatest Showman and Les Miserables, as well as other songs from both Broadway and film, all accompanied by a live orchestra. Tickets range from $29.50 to $225, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- 2019 Houston LGBT Pride Celebration in Downtown | Saturday, June 22 | FREE – Join more than 500,000 people in Downtown to show your LGBT Pride at an all-day celebration that includes a festival, parade, and plenty of after parties. Noon.
- Jennifer Lopez in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, June 25 – Catch an epic concert when JLo takes Toyota Center by storm with stunning dance-moves, dazzling costumes, and powerful hits both new and old. Tickets range from $49.95 to $499.95, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Disney’s Aladdin at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Wednesday, June 26 to Sunday, July 14 – Rub your magic lamp and fulfill your wish to see the beloved Disney classic, Aladdin, come to life in a family-friendly, musical production at Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets start at $50, but you may find cheaper or better seats using TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Gold Cup Quarterfinals at NRG Stadium | Saturday, June 29 – Cheer on your pick from the winners and runners-up of Groups A and B in the Concacaf Gold Cup when four leading soccer teams compete in the double-header quarterfinals at NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $30, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. One ticket is good for both matches. 6pm.
- AsiaFest 2019 at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, June 29 | No Cover – Celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with an international bazaar, live performances, arts and crafts, authentic cuisine, and live demonstrations at the annual AsiaFest, postponed from its original date in May due to rain. 11am to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).