Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
In 1893, the Missouri–Kansas-Texas (or MKT Railroad) began laying rails throughout the prairie land once known as Cane Island, and after railroad officials started calling it “the Katy,” a new name was born. You’ll still find the MKT Depot along with the Katy Heritage Society Railroad Museum in Katy today, and while the historic neighborhood may not have been known as a great place to find nightlife in the past, times have changed.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Greater Katy includes the suburbs that surround the Katy city limits west to Pederson road, east to Fry road, north to FM 529, and south to FM 1093/Westpark Tollway.
The Best Bars in Greater Katy
- Little Woodrow’s – The Katy outpost of this fan-favorite watering hole offers the same fun as its inner loop pals. Stop in for craft suds, mile-wide nachos, and a roster of weekly events, from live music Fridays and Tuesday Steak Night to special happenings like the ‘80s Flashback Party and Thursday Crab Racing. Click here for directions.
- The Local Bar – Drink like a local at this “meetery + drinkery,” where you can gather over elevated bar bites—think honey habanero shrimp tacos, sriracha cast-iron wings, and wood-fired Hawaiian pizza—and crazy good libations, from craft brews and lineup of wines to cocktails like the jalapeño-kissed Greyhound and Spicy Pineapple Margarita. Fun specials include Taco ‘Bout it Tuesday, Wine Down Wednesday, and Finally Friday. Click here for directions.
- No Label Brewery – This this cult favorite brewery keeps its taproom open ‘til 10pm on Monday through Saturday (and 6pm on Sunday). Buy beer by the pint and look out for upcoming events, including beer releases, pickle & pints, book clubs, and chili dog cookoffs. Click here for directions.
- The Social Pub & Grill – This indoor/outdoor haunt is known for its low-key vibe and lineup of specials, including Whiskey, Wine & Women on Wednesdays, with 50-percent off select bottles and apps for the ladies, plus all whiskeys on special; and TX Thirsty Thursdays, featuring special prices on all spirits from Texas. Click here for directions.
- The Wildcatter Saloon – With a spacious venue sitting on four-acres, this beloved local saloon hosts live music both inside and in its outdoor pavilion. On nicer evenings, check out the patio, and be sure to look out for a lineup of fun events. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Catch live music at Bourbon Street Sports Bar, Einstein’s Pub, Mo’s Place and Mo’s Irish Pub; check out reverse happy hour at Whiskey Cake; grab a pint at The Public House, channel your inner a poet and pirate (and grab a drink) at Scholars and Scoundrels; get unfussy, dive bar vibes at Southland Bar & Grill; pop in to Katy Vibes for karaoke, comedy showcases, and live bands; have good old-fashioned fun at Duke’s Tavern; and sip wine at The Cellar Door.