Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, May 27 to Sunday, June 2, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Crack up a a comedy show by the creator of Netflix’s Nanette; discover healthy recipes and effective workouts at a downtown festival; celebrate Memorial with tributes, ceremonies and sales around town; jam out to a live show by Wisin y Yendel; stuff your face with loads of fried chicken; and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Memorial Day Events Around Houston | Memorial Day, Monday, May 27 – Remember the men and women who gave their lives for our country this Memorial Day, with tributes, ceremonies, celebrations, Memorial Day sales and more around Houston. Prices, times and locations vary.
- Houston Sabercats vs. Glendale Raptors & Grand Opening Celebration at Aveva Stadium – Join Houston’s pro rugby team as they face off against the Raptors and celebrate the grand opening of the new Aveva Stadium. There will free commemorative coins given to the first 2,000 to arrive, plus fireworks, and live music before and after the game. Tickets start at $10. 7:30pm.
- Ku Egenti & Friends Comedy Showcase at Houston Improv | Wednesday, May 29 – Crack up at the observational comedy of Ku Egenti, known for discussing family, bad relationships, and life as a Nigerian American. $20. 8pm.
- Up Rising: A Night of Dance Commemorating Stonewall’s 50th Anniversary at CAMH | Thursday, May 30 | FREE – Enjoy an evening of jazz, contemporary, ballet, and hip-hop dance when local LGBTQ dancers team up for a commemorative performance at CAMH. 6:30pm.
- Keep Houston Rolling at Saint Arnold Brewery | Friday, May 31 | No Cover – Meet with fellow bikers and score two free beers when you donate to the cycling club, Houston BCycle, during their annual fundraiser at Saint Arnold Brewery. They’ll also have a raffle, merchandise for sale, and discounted Lyft rides to and from the event. 5pm to 11pm.
- Wisin Y Yandel in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, May 31 – Sing along to a live show by the Latin musical duo, Wisin & Yandel, when they tour the U.S. for the first time since their five-year hiatus. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- The Three Musketeers at Alley Theatre | Friday, May 31 to Sunday, June 2 – Experience Alex Dumas’ classic tale of romance, danger, and comedy in Alley Theatre’s production of The Three Musketeers. Tickets start at $26. Showtimes vary.
- Comic Brad Williams at Houston Improv | Friday, May 31 to Sunday, June 2 – Laugh at the hilarious observations of Brad Williams, known from his Showtime specials, Daddy Issues and Fun Size, when the comic performs at Houston Improv for three consecutive nights. Tickets start at $20. Showtimes vary.
- Southern Fried Chicken Fest Houston at Peggy Park | Saturday, June 1 – Scarf down crispy fried chicken from some of Houston’s top chefs, food trucks, and restaurants at the Southern Fried Chicken Fest in Peggy Park. You can upgrade to VIP for liquor, beer and wine pairings, as well as cooking demonstrations led by celebrated chefs. Tickets start at $23. 1pm to 7pm.
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, June 1 – Gather your fellow parrotheads for a live show by the iconic songster, Jimmy Buffett, when he and his band perform at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $46, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Kansas City at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, June 1 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play Kansas City in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8:30pm.
- SPA presents Comedian Hannah Gadsby in Douglas at Jones Hall | Sunday, June 2 – Laugh it up when Hannah Gadsby, the comedic genius behind Netflix’s Nanette, brings her stand-up show to Jones Hall. Tickets start at $44.75, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).